Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Mascots

why are there three of them, the a kid or two as match-day mascot, they do nothing really, and probably still get paid, along with the clown

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]why are there three of them, the a kid or two as match-day mascot, they do nothing really, and probably still get paid, along with the clown
[/quote]

Don''t know, but I would imagine it''s an honour to be a mascot for the club you support.   [:|]

Don''t know about ow, but they used to have a ''guest'' mascot picked from FONCY.  They didn''t pay, but don''t get the full treatment either.You also have ''commercial'' mascots, that pay and are treated to a grand day out.  It''s different at different clubs, but often includes a meal, kit, visit to the dressing room before the game, a programme, a chance to meet the players after the game in the bar, etc.It''s a long time since I investigated at City, so times may well have changed

I am not sure how it is done now, but in earlier times both my kids were mascots. There was a waiting list amongst Junior Canaries, it was free then, but you were expected to have your own kit, including shorts and socks!! You had four comp tickets for your family and got a few photos etc done by the club photographer (which you then paid him for afterwards). You also had a little piece in the programme about you, the school you went to and your favourite player etc.

Mascot and family had a tour of the ground and the mascot visited the dressing room before the game. My daughter got a long tour round with Martin O''Neill who was the most charming host and really made her day. My son was mascot during the Mike Walker II era and also had a great time. Both loved going on the pitch and passing the ball to the players and scoring a goal.

Both feel very honoured to be given a chance of being mascot and have photos and happy memories of their special day.

My daughter is on the home mascot waiting list. It''s not really a waiting list though, I understand there''s a random draw for each home game of the five hundred or so kids that have applied.