Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

forest showing true relegation form???

forest trashed 5 nil away to burnley...ok - burnley have shown themselves to be decent on their day - but 5-0???not good i''d say - but whats happened to forest???  they beat both reading and preston just 2 weeks ago but have lost their last two matches - to watford tues nite and now burnley...momentum is everything at this stage of the season,,,but forest seem even more erratic than us just now...but on their day - they are a match for anyone in the division...its not over yet for sure...Saturday, 14 March 2009

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Burnley 5-0 (HT 2-0)

Nottm Forest
Blake 19Elliott 39Carlisle 51Rodriguez 55Gudjonsson 73

Bookings:Cohen 50Garner 82

Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Watford 2-1 (HT 2-1)

Nottm Forest
Rasiak 5Priskin 43 Thornhill 17
Bookings:Harley 69

Bookings:Tyson 29

Saturday, 07 March 2009

Nottm Forest 1-1 (HT 0-0)

Swansea
McGugan 76 Scotland 61
Bookings:Osbourne 16Breckin 45+1Lynch 47

Bookings:Britton 25Allen 64

Tuesday, 03 March 2009

Nottm Forest 2-1 (HT 0-0)

Preston
Earnshaw 58Earnshaw 71 Parkin 63
Bookings:Chambers 13McCleary 45+2

Saturday, 28 February 2009

Reading 0-1 (HT 0-0)

Nottm Forest
McGugan 61
Bookings:Pearce 90+6

Bookings:Earnshaw 71Morgan 81
Nottingham Forest boss Billy Davies:

"The first thing we should be doing is apologising to our travelling fans.

"We showed a lack of desire and commitment and I am very disappointed. You have to be born with a winning mentality.

"You cannot work on individual errors or having a will to win and we have players who lack a will to win."

ouch, ouch, and triple ouch!!! will davies get a response though???they are at home to wolves next sat...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]forest trashed 5 nil away to burnley...

ok - burnley have shown themselves to be decent on their day - but 5-0???not good i''d say - but whats happened to forest???  they beat both reading and preston just 2 weeks ago but have lost their last two matches - to watford tues nite and now burnley...

momentum is everything at this stage of the season,,,but forest seem even more erratic than us just now...but on their day - they are a match for anyone in the division...its not over yet for sure...

Saturday, 14 March 2009

Burnley5-0
(HT 2-0)
Nottm Forest
Blake 19
Elliott 39
Carlisle 51
Rodriguez 55
Gudjonsson 73

Bookings:
Cohen 50
Garner 82

Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Watford2-1
(HT 2-1)
Nottm Forest
Rasiak 5
Priskin 43

Thornhill 17

Bookings:
Harley 69

Bookings:
Tyson 29

Saturday, 07 March 2009

Nottm Forest1-1
(HT 0-0)
Swansea
McGugan 76

Scotland 61

Bookings:
Osbourne 16
Breckin 45+1
Lynch 47

Bookings:
Britton 25
Allen 64

Tuesday, 03 March 2009

Nottm Forest2-1
(HT 0-0)
Preston
Earnshaw 58
Earnshaw 71

Parkin 63

Bookings:
Chambers 13
McCleary 45+2

Saturday, 28 February 2009

Reading0-1
(HT 0-0)
Nottm Forest

McGugan 61

Bookings:
Pearce 90+6

Bookings:
Earnshaw 71
Morgan 81

Nottingham Forest boss Billy Davies:
"The first thing we should be doing is apologising to our travelling fans.

"We showed a lack of desire and commitment and I am very disappointed. You have to be born with a winning mentality.

"You cannot work on individual errors or having a will to win and we have players who lack a will to win."

ouch, ouch, and triple ouch!!! will davies get a response though???they are at home to wolves next sat...

[/quote]lets hope not...and maybe we could have earnie back on a season loan when forrest get relegated[Y]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Their remaining fixtures, they are on 41 pts, how many do you see them finishing on?

I make that 49 pts.
[/quote]

Nottm Forest v Southampton, Wini reckon 48 points CA...hopefully won''t be enough for them...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="cityangel"]

Their remaining fixtures, they are on 41 pts, how many do you see them finishing on?

I make that 49 pts.
[/quote]

i reckon 48 points CA...hopefully won''t be enough for them...

[/quote]

Forest v Wolves (D)

Barnsley v Forest (D)

Forest v Bristol City (D)

Sheff U v Forest (L)

Forest v Coventry (W)

Blackpool v Forest (D)

Forest v Soton (W)

I''m coming up with 51, which is what I also have us on after wins against Watford and Sheff and draws at B''Ham, Ipswich and Charlton. Goal difference will see us above them.

Its all about hitting form at the right time. Last year we peaked early and stumbled over the line, and hopefully that''s the case with some of our rivals this year. Forest are a young side with problems at the back, so they are vulnerable, and on the basis of what I saw yesterday Plymouth have big problems too. It will all come down to bottle.

[quote user="Beauseant"] It will all come down to bottle.[/quote]

Don''t say that Beauseant. My nerves won''t stand it!!!!!!

For what it''s worth I agree, but I don''t know if I''ll make it through to June if I have to put my trust in this lot!!!

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="cityangel"]

I make that 49 pts.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Forest v Wolves (D)

Barnsley v Forest (D)

Sheff U v Forest (L)

Forest v Coventry (W)

Blackpool v Forest (D)

Forest v Soton (W)

I''m coming up with 51, which is what I also have us on after wins against Watford and Sheff and draws at B''Ham, Ipswich and Charlton. Goal difference will see us above them.

[/quote]

So they are only going to lose 1 of their remaining 7 games are they?

Why do you see this improvement in their form?

Personally I will be surprised if they make more than 49 points maximum and a victory over Southampton on the last day probably won''t be enough. I expect this final game may send both clubs down whatever the result.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="cityangel"]

I make that 49 pts.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Forest v Wolves (D)

Barnsley v Forest (D)

Sheff U v Forest (L)

Forest v Coventry (W)

Blackpool v Forest (D)

Forest v Soton (W)

[/quote]

Personally I will be surprised if they make more than 49 points maximum and a victory over Southampton on the last day probably won''t be enough. I expect this final game may send both clubs down whatever the result.

[/quote]well - 2 weeks ago forest beat reading away - and they beat preston at home...thats pretty good form - their last 2 games have been bad results,,,which i put down to their young squad not having the stamina to play 5 games in 15 days...i think the burnley result is more down to this than real relegation form...further - i forecast plymouth would be tired on sat - and they were,,,we didn''t see their true form on saturday imo - so don''t write plymouth off on the basis of their poor performance against us...back to forest;;;i see them doing pretty well at home - where they have 4 games - and in their remaining 3 away games,,,they have two 6 pointers...i see them losing away to sheff utd,,,while doing ok away to barnsley and blackpool,,,i think i''m being even handed with forest - but there''s room for them to do better and escape relegation - or if their burnley result on saturday is a shape of things to come - they could implode and drop down...

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="cityangel"]

I make that 49 pts.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Forest v Wolves (D)

Barnsley v Forest (D)

Sheff U v Forest (L)

Forest v Coventry (W)

Blackpool v Forest (D)

Forest v Soton (W)

[/quote]

[/quote]

well - 2 weeks ago forest beat reading away - and they beat preston at home...thats pretty good form - their last 2 games have been bad results,,,which i put down to their young squad not having the stamina to play 5 games in 15 days...i think the burnley result is more down to this than real relegation form...further - i forecast plymouth would be tired on sat - and they were,,,we didn''t see their true form on saturday imo - so don''t write plymouth off on the basis of their poor performance against us...

back to forest;;;i see them doing pretty well at home - where they have 4 games - and in their remaining 3 away games,,,they have two 6 pointers...i see them losing away to sheff utd,,,while doing ok away to barnsley and blackpool,,,

i think i''m being even handed with forest - but there''s room for them to do better and escape relegation - or if their burnley result on saturday is a shape of things to come - they could implode and drop down...
[/quote]

Interesting and I can see where you are coming from.

However I think Forest have had their good period and have slipped back a bit at just the wrong time. A 5-0 beating at this stage of the season is not indicative of a team that have the ability to avoid the drop. Southampton are also a young side and they seemed to have struck a rich vien of form until the last 2 home games. I therefore wonder if the pressure of the relegation battle will be too much for both these sides.

If you look at the records you will see it is usually the 3 teams with the worst goal difference that go down. Thats why I see Forest and Soutampton joining Charlton in the drop.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="cityangel"]

I make that 49 pts.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Forest v Wolves (D)

Barnsley v Forest (D)

Sheff U v Forest (L)

Forest v Coventry (W)

Blackpool v Forest (D)

Forest v Soton (W)

[/quote]

[/quote]well - 2 weeks ago forest beat reading away - and they beat preston at home...thats pretty good form - their last 2 games have been bad results,,,which i put down to their young squad not having the stamina to play 5 games in 15 days...i think the burnley result is more down to this than real relegation form...further - i forecast plymouth would be tired on sat - and they were,,,we didn''t see their true form on saturday imo - so don''t write plymouth off on the basis of their poor performance against us...back to forest;;;i see them doing pretty well at home - where they have 4 games - and in their remaining 3 away games,,,they have two 6 pointers...i see them losing away to sheff utd,,,while doing ok away to barnsley and blackpool,,,i think i''m being even handed with forest - but there''s room for them to do better and escape relegation - or if their burnley result on saturday is a shape of things to come - they could implode and drop down...[/quote]

Interesting and I can see where you are coming from.

However I think Forest have had their good period and have slipped back a bit at just the wrong time. A 5-0 beating at this stage of the season is not indicative of a team that have the ability to avoid the drop. Southampton are also a young side and they seemed to have struck a rich vien of form until the last 2 home games. I therefore wonder if the pressure of the relegation battle will be too much for both these sides.

If you look at the records you will see it is usually the 3 teams with the worst goal difference that go down. Thats why I see Forest and Southampton joining Charlton in the drop.

[/quote]may the stats win out!!![:D]

I think Forest have big problems at the back and if they are to stay up they are going to need plenty of goals from Earnie and McSheffry. Lets just hope we can do enough to not worry about results on the last day.