Sign in to follow this  
San Miguel

Jason Shackell - another great performance

Gow was still man of the match for me, but wanted to make sure someone gives Shacks some credit for the last two games. looks much more mature than when he left for Wolves and he looks very solid

Doc must be grateful to have another decent centre back along side him, and i hope the partnership stays until end of the season

whether or not Shacks is captain material is another matter...

Shacks and Doc have been immense the last two games and haven''t had the credit they deserve. Doc has been pretty solid all season and it''s been great to see Shacks up for the fight since he came back; clearly a good move to bring him here as he cares about the club.

We haven''t seen back to back clean sheets for a while!

Ryan Bertrand has done his bit as well the last couple of games. He''s got stuck in and defended well, plus he''s a lot more mobile than Grounds as well which I think has helped us.

(for the record I think Grounds did alright)

I thought Shacks was tremendous this afternoon.

So much more composed and mature than before he left!

Would trying to re-sign him be a bad thing?????

I was a bit annoyed when Shacks came back, not because I don''t like him but more to do with the fact him and Doc did not work very well before, but since he has come back, they have been immense. Maybe the time away and the tutoring of McCarthy  or even the fact we have Butterworth and Co.

Well done defence.

[quote user="Beatle"]

[/quote]agreed..along with DOC..SEMMY AND BERTRAND...who were all exellent at the back

[quote user="Beatle"]

[/quote]he''s back to his confident best - make no mistake...but how many on here dissed him for going - and what about the welcome back???

Agree with Canaries in Bed there - was not looking forward to the prospect of a Shax/Doc partnership again but they have been very good.

I hope we can sign Shax back - looks like he has matured a bit.

[quote user="Beatle"]

[/quote]

No, not the way he is playing now.

I''ve been a bit critical of him in the past but since he''s come back he''s been very impressive.

Hopefully Wolves haven''t paid us everything and they can come to some arrangement.

Shackell was immense, don''t think he lost a header he went up for!Semmy had a very shaky start, however he grew into the game and impressed me, however he still takes too much time on the ball!Bertrand did okay, did well defensively and okay attacking wise.Brilliant defensively overall (Y)

For me the boy Shacks was MOM today, he was imnmense. Only one flaw when he gave away a needless freekick late on with a mad shove in the back but other than that outstanding.

Main improvement with Shacks is that he looks a better footballer than he did before and less prone to simply hoofing it.

I was furious with those posters who queued up to slag him off with comments like....''worst player ever to play for Norwich'', ''responsible for at least a dozen goals every season'' and these were the polite comments + of course all those numpty City fans who booed him when Wolves came down here in October. You lot should hang your heads in shame. Tell you something, IF we need to get something at Charlton to stay up, Shacks will be the first name on my team sheet. He gives absolutely everything for the cause and as I''ve said before we need to spend what it takes to  get him back and mould him into the new Malky that I''m sure he can become.  

[quote user="San Miguel"]

Gow was still man of the match for me, but wanted to make sure someone gives Shacks some credit for the last two games. looks much more mature than when he left for Wolves and he looks very solid

Doc must be grateful to have another decent centre back along side him, and i hope the partnership stays until end of the season

whether or not Shacks is captain material is another matter...

[/quote]

The 2 CB were my MOTM!

Shacks has been immense since he''s come back.  Even in the games we lost, he looked one of our better players, and probably the first time that his partnership with Doc actually seems to have clicked.

Doc has been excellent all season.  Player of the Year is between himself and Croft.

I agree. Shackell and Doherty have been awesome in defence and is one of the reasons why we are doing well recently. Behtrand also had his best game of the season today, thought he looked very composed and looks like he could be getting back to the form that he produced last season. Well done lads!

I thought re-uniting the Doc and Shacks dream team was bonkers but it looks to be an inspired move. Shackell has been excellent since he returned and it looks like being at Wolves has improved him greatly as a player.

Have to agree with the general feelings in this thread. I was worried at the prospect of the two being reunited, but thankfully both have improved over the past season or two. Shacks was easily MOM today, made some great blocks, got into position well and now passes calmly out of defence instead of the old Shacks just booting it anywhere. I am happy to say I was wrong, and am glad he''s in the team contributing so well. Well done Shacks!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Beatle"]

[/quote]

he''s back to his confident best - make no mistake...but how many on here dissed him for going - and what about the welcome back???
[/quote]

He had no choice about going didnt want to go and knew nothing about it until the deal was done, the money raised payed for Sitonuraski wages

Dont know what it is but bar the first couple of dodgy performances he is at last playing consistently to his ability,  and you can not ask for more.  A v good game yest with the exception of what looked like a v big push in the penalty box during the second half that fortunately the ref missed...

I''ve been very critical of Doc and Shack in the past and thought that as long as they were at Norwich we wouldn''t be going anywhere, but their partnership at the back has been nothing else but superb. If it wasn''t for some sloppy defending around them we might be looking at a long string of clean sheets. Shackell has definitely matured a lot since he left and came back and Doc has definitely developed over this season. I''m personally hoping we can start next season with this partnership at the back.

Havnn''t been able to make the two home wins due to a new job but am delighted to hear shacks is doin so well, When I saw him in the premiership I thought what a player he will turn out to be but since then I''ve only seen him as wasted potential, Wolves look pretty odds on for promotion and I don''t think they would be botherd by making big loss if we tried to sign him as its tiddly-winks compared to the £30/40mil income they''ll have next season

Shackell has upped his performances safe in the knowledge that he''ll be earning Premier League wages with Wolves next season.

If we can get him back next season permanently i feel we''d have a good foundation to build on with our CB''s