Sign in to follow this  
Bluenose83

Birmingham Game

Hey guys Friendly Birmingham Fan here.Just wanted to get your guys take on the game coming up on Saturday. Really suprised to lot are down where you are thought you had a far better team than the table shows. Who are the players we should look out for then i had to say i dont really know much about your side apart from you had Lita on loan (or still do?). As for us we have finally started to play like a side that has prem players and is 2nd in the table. Some of our so called big players have started to play well and with the extra ones coming back from injury just at the right time its looking good. Hopefully Doncaster do us a favour tonight and beat Reading. Anyway what are your guys feelings and predictions for the game?

1. You have complete lack of knowledge/respect for the lower teams if you don''t know any of Norwich City''s players or even if Lita is on loan still, seems he is with you nearest rivals in the league!

2. Playing like Promotion side? you had good display v Doncaster yes! but before that you have been woeful!

3. Doncaster play tommorow night not tonight!

We''re not very good so please just go easy on us.    We might need our goal difference come what May.

[quote user="Bluenose83"]Hey guys Friendly Birmingham Fan here.Just wanted to get your guys take on the game coming up on Saturday. Really suprised to lot are down where you are thought you had a far better team than the table shows. Who are the players we should look out for then i had to say i dont really know much about your side apart from you had Lita on loan (or still do?). As for us we have finally started to play like a side that has prem players and is 2nd in the table. Some of our so called big players have started to play well and with the extra ones coming back from injury just at the right time its looking good. Hopefully Doncaster do us a favour tonight and beat Reading. Anyway what are your guys feelings and predictions for the game?[/quote]

That really is an awful accent you have there.

Hey ive come to have a friendly chat. Yes I have got a few things wrong in the orginal post but so have you. Yes we have been bad for most of the season but the last 5 games we have played very well. Im also sure you dont know that much about our side either or who we have playing every position!

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Bluenose83"]Hey guys Friendly Birmingham Fan here.Just wanted to get your guys take on the game coming up on Saturday. Really suprised to lot are down where you are thought you had a far better team than the table shows. Who are the players we should look out for then i had to say i dont really know much about your side apart from you had Lita on loan (or still do?). As for us we have finally started to play like a side that has prem players and is 2nd in the table. Some of our so called big players have started to play well and with the extra ones coming back from injury just at the right time its looking good. Hopefully Doncaster do us a favour tonight and beat Reading. Anyway what are your guys feelings and predictions for the game?[/quote]

That really is an awful accent you have there.[/quote]Friendly people here aint ya!

[quote user="Bluenose83"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="Bluenose83"]Hey guys Friendly Birmingham Fan here.Just wanted to get your guys take on the game coming up on Saturday. Really suprised to lot are down where you are thought you had a far better team than the table shows. Who are the players we should look out for then i had to say i dont really know much about your side apart from you had Lita on loan (or still do?). As for us we have finally started to play like a side that has prem players and is 2nd in the table. Some of our so called big players have started to play well and with the extra ones coming back from injury just at the right time its looking good. Hopefully Doncaster do us a favour tonight and beat Reading. Anyway what are your guys feelings and predictions for the game?[/quote]

That really is an awful accent you have there.[/quote]Friendly people here aint ya![/quote]Think you must have got some people on a bad day – we even have one or two Ipsh*t fans who come on here and manage civil conversations! As for Saturday''s game, we''ve been very poor away from home this season, although we did get a 3-3 draw at Wolves quite recently, which nobody expected. Re-signing Shackell on loan from Wolves has really helped our defence – we''ve really missed Stefanovic, who is out for the season with a cruciate injury. Clingan has been excellent in the holding midfield position, but we lack an attacking midfielder who wants to bomb into the box and get on the end of things. Up front, Gow (on loan from Rangers) has looked outstanding since we signed him, and Mooney (loan from Reading) has scored two in two and looks good too. If you score early it should be an easy home win.

Train station wise your best bet is New Street there is one closer but i wouldnt use it being an away fan if you get me. I knew you had that lad on loan from Reading and Gow from Rangers just not herd much about you guys apart from you have picked up some good results recently. I do agree with Coelho if we score early i think we will win, but to be honest most of the season we have not turned up at home for the first 10min so i would say your best bet is to come at us like mad for the first 15 then sit back a bit. As for me yes i am going for my sins i''m a season ticket holder and have been for 14 years now, so yeah see you sat :)

[quote user="Bluenose83"]Train station wise your best bet is New Street there is one closer but i wouldnt use it being an away fan if you get me. I knew you had that lad on loan from Reading and Gow from Rangers just not herd much about you guys apart from you have picked up some good results recently. I do agree with Coelho if we score early i think we will win, but to be honest most of the season we have not turned up at home for the first 10min so i would say your best bet is to come at us like mad for the first 15 then sit back a bit. As for me yes i am going for my sins i''m a season ticket holder and have been for 14 years now, so yeah see you sat :)[/quote]We generally start away games like a 22-legged donkey, so looks like the first goal could be crucial! We never show enough attacking belief away from home – when they''re on form, Otsemobor and Croft can pose a real attacking threat down the right, but away from home we somehow seem reluctant to try to take the game to teams.

[quote user="Fox in the Box"]BLUENOSE.. which train station is closer to st.andrews?[/quote]

I can answer that one for you. its New street near the Bull ring you have around a 15TO 20 min walk to St Andrews,

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Bluenose83"]Train station wise your best bet is New Street there is one closer but i wouldnt use it being an away fan if you get me. I knew you had that lad on loan from Reading and Gow from Rangers just not herd much about you guys apart from you have picked up some good results recently. I do agree with Coelho if we score early i think we will win, but to be honest most of the season we have not turned up at home for the first 10min so i would say your best bet is to come at us like mad for the first 15 then sit back a bit. As for me yes i am going for my sins i''m a season ticket holder and have been for 14 years now, so yeah see you sat :)[/quote]We generally start away games like a 22-legged donkey, so looks like the first goal could be crucial! We never show enough attacking belief away from home – when they''re on form, Otsemobor and Croft can pose a real attacking threat down the right, but away from home we somehow seem reluctant to try to take the game to teams.[/quote]Yeah i know the feeling we were very much like that for most of the season, i feel you might be playing us at the wrong time as we have played very well in the last 5 games. We do still have this problem of goals. Our play and attacking should get us more goals but since Phillips and O''Conner have been out we really seem to finish teams off. Good news for us is both are back for saturday. I would think our team will be pretty similar to the one that played on Sat against Doncaster apart from going back to a 4-4-2 with probably Costly or O''Conner up top with Jerome.As for pubs i dont know of any sorry. I know the Ibis hotel''s bar is open match days where you can generally get in and have a drink

Cheers... still undecided whether to go or not! 15 quid sounds good but £30 for the train. hmmm ill have too have a think! my prediction is bcfc2-1ncfc but who knows with Norwich thease days!

[quote user="Fox in the Box"]Cheers... still undecided whether to go or not! 15 quid sounds good but £30 for the train. hmmm ill have too have a think! my prediction is bcfc2-1ncfc but who knows with Norwich thease days![/quote]Who knows with Birmingham either, i just hope Doncaster do us a favour 2moro night as i think 2 wins out of our next 2 home games will go along way to seeing us up. (Norwich - Home, Wolves - Home)

[quote user="Bluenose83"]Hey guys Friendly Birmingham Fan here.

Just wanted to get your guys take on the game coming up on Saturday. Really suprised to lot are down where you are thought you had a far better team than the table shows. Who are the players we should look out for then i had to say i dont really know much about your side apart from you had Lita on loan (or still do?). As for us we have finally started to play like a side that has prem players and is 2nd in the table. Some of our so called big players have started to play well and with the extra ones coming back from injury just at the right time its looking good. Hopefully Doncaster do us a favour tonight and beat Reading. Anyway what are your guys feelings and predictions for the game?
[/quote]

Isn''t that sort of a contradiction?

To answer your question though, Norwich are very much a Jekyll and Hyde team. If we have a good day, we''ll more than hold our own with you. If we have an off day, you''ll probably rip us to pieces. We''re quite a lightweight team who play ''pretty'' football so if the St Andrews pitch is still like a potato patch we''ll stuggle already.

Our main players are Croft on the right wing who hustles and bustles but whose final ball often lacks. Gow and Mooney are a loan strike-force who seem to have clicked quite well. Marshall our goalkeeper can produce the odd wonder save or two. The only international we have left on our books is Norn Iron midfielder Sammy Clingan who can pass the ball quite well and get his foot in every now and again.

We''re missing Hoolahan for the game against you which is a bit of a blow as he''s a very tricky left winger. Darel Russell is also suspended. Biggest fear for me in this game is our right back, Jon Otsemebor, against McFadden. McFadden is going to have the freedom of the left wing and I fear will hurt us

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

[quote user="Bluenose83"]Hey guys Friendly Birmingham Fan here.Just wanted to get your guys take on the game coming up on Saturday. Really suprised to lot are down where you are thought you had a far better team than the table shows. Who are the players we should look out for then i had to say i dont really know much about your side apart from you had Lita on loan (or still do?). As for us we have finally started to play like a side that has prem players and is 2nd in the table. Some of our so called big players have started to play well and with the extra ones coming back from injury just at the right time its looking good. Hopefully Doncaster do us a favour tonight and beat Reading. Anyway what are your guys feelings and predictions for the game?[/quote]

To answer your question though, Norwich are very much a Jekyll and Hyde team. If we have a good day, we''ll more than hold our own with you. If we have an off day, you''ll probably rip us to pieces. We''re quite a lightweight team who play ''pretty'' football so if the St Andrews pitch is still like a potato patch we''ll stuggle already.

Our main players are Croft on the right wing who hustles and bustles but whose final ball often lacks. Gow and Mooney are a loan strike-force who seem to have clicked quite well. Marshall our goalkeeper can produce the odd wonder save or two. The only international we have left on our books is Norn Iron midfielder Sammy Clingan who can pass the ball quite well and get his foot in every now and again.

We''re missing Hoolahan for the game against you which is a bit of a blow as he''s a very tricky left winger. Darel Russell is also suspended. Biggest fear for me in this game is our right back, Jon Otsemebor, against McFadden. McFadden is going to have the freedom of the left wing and I fear will hurt us

[/quote]In that case your be very pleased to know McFadden is out injured has been for 2 months now should return in a few weeks for the Wolves Game, we will either have Bouazza or Sinclair down the left more likely to be Bouazza after his performance against Doncaster. The pitch at St Andrews is quite decent to be honest, as for the phyisical side we aint a hoof ball team but do have a fair few big lads in there if we need to mix it up

[quote user="Bluenose83"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

[quote user="Bluenose83"]Hey guys Friendly Birmingham Fan here.

Just wanted to get your guys take on the game coming up on Saturday. Really suprised to lot are down where you are thought you had a far better team than the table shows. Who are the players we should look out for then i had to say i dont really know much about your side apart from you had Lita on loan (or still do?). As for us we have finally started to play like a side that has prem players and is 2nd in the table. Some of our so called big players have started to play well and with the extra ones coming back from injury just at the right time its looking good. Hopefully Doncaster do us a favour tonight and beat Reading. Anyway what are your guys feelings and predictions for the game?
[/quote]

[/quote]

In that case your be very pleased to know McFadden is out injured has been for 2 months now should return in a few weeks for the Wolves Game, we will either have Bouazza or Sinclair down the left more likely to be Bouazza after his performance against Doncaster. The pitch at St Andrews is quite decent to be honest, as for the phyisical side we aint a hoof ball team but do have a fair few big lads in there if we need to mix it up
[/quote]

I didn''t realise McFadden was out injured which - no disrespect - is good for us. And then you tell us you''ve got the choice between Bouazza or Scott Sinclair to slot in instead [:S]

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]Any Away friendly pubs which is relatively near the ground?[/quote]

The Wellington is a good pub - especially if you like Real Ales (they normally have 15 on) and it''s only 5 mins walk from New Street Station!

http://www.thewellingtonrealale.co.uk/

^there''s a map under the ''contact'' section of the website.

Another great pub, although it''s a bit out of town, is The Barton''s Arms.

http://www.oakhamales.com/bartonabout.asp

^again, there''s a map under the ''contact'' section!

[quote user="PAFC"]

1. You have complete lack of knowledge/respect for the lower teams if you don''t know any of Norwich City''s players or even if Lita is on loan still, seems he is with you nearest rivals in the league!

2. Playing like Promotion side? you had good display v Doncaster yes! but before that you have been woeful!

3. Doncaster play tommorow night not tonight!

[/quote]

Get back to your own message board or don''t Plymouth Argyle have one. A Birmingham City question about NCFC has F all to do with you!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="Bluenose83"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

[/quote]In that case your be very pleased to know McFadden is out injured has been for 2 months now should return in a few weeks for the Wolves Game, we will either have Bouazza or Sinclair down the left more likely to be Bouazza after his performance against Doncaster. The pitch at St Andrews is quite decent to be honest, as for the phyisical side we aint a hoof ball team but do have a fair few big lads in there if we need to mix it up[/quote]

I didn''t realise McFadden was out injured which - no disrespect - is good for us. And then you tell us you''ve got the choice between Bouazza or Scott Sinclair to slot in instead [:S]

[/quote]Yeah on paper most people probably wonder why we havent run away with this league considering the strengh we have in our squad but to be honest we have been rubbish all season apart from the last 4-5 games. Not saying you guys wont get a result it will be a tough game for both sides, alot will depend on how you play against us teams that tend to sit back and play on the counter get done over by us but teams who come out and attack us and play their own game we have struggled to get a grip and control those types of matches. The one player i would say you will have to keep quiet is Bowyer, he is getting better and better for us and really does look a class above anything in this league at times. Also we have a guy called Costly might start up top dont know depends on O''Conner''s fitness if he does play your laugh ur heads off because the guy is so bad its embarrassing at times! :)

Hello mate well we have just won our last two games against cardiff and plymouth

I think it will be tough on sat i expectyou and wolves to go up i have said that all season and i stick to that

We have david mooney two goals in two games so he will be buzzing

I myself will take a point three would be very nice but if we lose it helps you guys most norwich fans hate wolves

Hope its a good game mate and we stay up and we see you boys back on match of the day again

Re pubs there is a great real ale pub in behind the bus station in Digbeth which is about 10 minutes walk from the ground. The name escapes me at present though!

[quote user="we beat munich in munich"]

Hello mate well we have just won our last two games against cardiff and plymouth

I think it will be tough on sat i expectyou and wolves to go up i have said that all season and i stick to that

We have david mooney two goals in two games so he will be buzzing

I myself will take a point three would be very nice but if we lose it helps you guys most norwich fans hate wolves

Hope its a good game mate and we stay up and we see you boys back on match of the day again

[/quote]Cheers man thanks for the praise, wish i was that confident about us going up! Where does the hate towards the Wolves come from then? I am hoping we can still overtake them and signs are good as they aint playing that great and we are starting to play something like a decent team. I think all Blues fans will know its going to be a tough game on saturday as a guy said earlier the first goal will really be key in this game. Plus I do really hope you guys stay up always had a soft spot for u guys after that day in Cardiff all them years ago!