Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs Another week has flown by and it’s time for me to open up week 32 of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend and and very successful twice winner Yankee Canary in charge and making the final selections. Yankee was the first ever winning selector and then repeated the feat the next week. Now people often ask me how it can be that our friends “from across the pond” have been so successful for us, because it’s true that three of our seven wins have come from Yankee and NewYork. I am at a loss to know the real answer to that but I wonder if it’s something to do with not being so close they see a simpler picture. Whatever it is long may it continue.

So good luck Yankee We are all going to try to help you record a third win by giving you our very best nap to consider but, as always, the free bet is yours for the week.

I leave you as always with Ray’s signature …….

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,2,Fellas,2,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, yes Norfolkchance1 £400 for the Academy,so far.

Take it away Yankee, the free bet is yours....[:)] ...........

Despite last weeks disappointing draw I''m again going with Peterhead, but this time to beat East Fife. Good luck Yankee and all you pups[:D]

plymouths pitch was like a mud bath on saturday - while swanseas wasn''t much better last...the pilgrims players calfs will be aching this morning...expect a resurgant city to take advantage of a jaded plymouth and win back to back games for the first time in yonks...naaarrwich to beat plymouth - 11/10...nice odds///[;)]good luck YC...

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]how do i get in on this??? cheers[/quote]just pick one team you think will win from all the footy matches played over the forthcoming weekend - including non league and matches played in europe...nutty will do the rest...

Blue Square Prem for me this week and a home win for Cambridge United v. Northwich Victoria.

Cambridge are W12 D5 L2 F28 A12 at home and Northwich are W2 D5 L12 F22 A42 away.

Good Luck, Yankee Canary!

Off to Bonnie Scotland this week and Division Three.

After years of propping up the Division (and being re-elected year after year, the last one rather grudgingly I think) East Stirling have been reinvented and are in the play offs and second in the table.  There was one season when their top scorer was A Trialist[:D]  My wife has relatives who have been life long supporters and if most of us think we have supported teams with "rough" seasons I think they raise the bar. 

East Stirlingshire (to give them their proper name) v Berwick Rangers - HOME WIN.

I need to arrest a mini slide of two consecutive incorrect picks, so only an absolute dead cert will do this week, no messing around. Posh will be doing everything to deny Franchise FC that second automatic promotion spot, whilst Northampton are flirting with the drop, with a none too impressive away record. Add to that the fact that there  is no love lost between the two also, so......

Peterborough United vs Northampton Town - home win

Mixed news this week. On the good side theres an absolute cert in the highland league. Huntly take on Fort William in a very one-sided encounter.

Huntly are towards the top of the table, and have a few games in hand.

Fort William are possibly the worst team in any league that you can get odds for. They have 1 point from 15 games. The corresponding fixture last season was 8-1. The match earlier in the season played at Forts ground ended up 4-2 to Huntly. It would be an upset if Huntly won by less than 3 goals.

The bad news is im off to South america on sunday for 2 months. One week im up a mountain, one week im down the amazon, and in general the place has little internet access. So ill be doing my best to post but if you dont hear from me I can only apologize. On the plus side Ive checked the trusty highland league and theres two dead certs in the coming weeks, ill PM these through to Nutty in the next day or two, I havent checked the other fixtures for these weeks but Im pretty sure these matches would have been my naps regardless, so ill pick them in advance. However it still leaves a few weeks where ill have to do my best to get online. For now best of luck Inchy, CNS, and everyone else near the top, hopefully you guys can keep up your great form!

Oh and best of luck Yankee, lets make it a hatrick! (And best of luck to everyone else picking in the coming weeks)

Arsnes lads again this week. Arsenal to beat Sam (I hate you) Alerdyce''s Blackburn

Good luck Yankee pick well over the pond!!

Holland for me this week and 3rd placed Ajax on 52 points to beat De Graafschap who are second from bottom on 20 points. Ajax beat De Graafschap in the first half of the season 6-0 away from home!

Ajax Amsterdam V De Graafschap - Home win.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]how do i get in on this??? cheers[/quote]

Just as Lucky said C-T-I-D .. you just make your very best selection to try and raise money for our great clubs academy. Then the guy making the final selections (Yankee this week) will consider yours and all of ours and in fact any others if he''s not sure of ours. If he manages to get his selections right we win funds for FONCY. If he is unlucky we lose nothing and come back and have another go next week.

We also keep our own records and have our own little league of pickers which gives the whole thing an interest even if we don''t win. Stick around and you''ll pick it up[Y]

I was looking at Ajax and I''m going to join Shaun on that train.  So Ajax home win for me.

For any of you Pickers out there who might be visiting New York, we just unveiled a huge 30 x 40 framed photo of Huckerby overtaking Ronaldo, signed by him personally to the New York Canaries at George Keeley''s Bar.  If any of you visit NYC, stop by the home of the New York Canaries Supporters Club, George Keeley''s on 83rd and Amsterdam.  I was there this past Saturday and 8 Norwichers came into the bar, 5 of which were season ticket holders.  Good time was had by all.

Into the Conference for me this week with

Cambridge v Northwich - Home Win

Cambridge are flying and looking to get back into the football league, only 1 defeat in 11. Northwich on the other hand look doomed, only got 1 win in 20.

Good luck to all PUPs, and especailly Yankee.

Well after two poor weeks - and my selections were picked both times - sorry all! I''m looking for a certainty -getting the idea now Nigel. I was at Colney last weekend watching our academy playing Chelsea at various ages. The U14 game was very enjoyable and was being watched by good numbers including Mr Butterworth and Mr Gunn (his son Angus is the U14 keeper who kept a clean sheet in a 2-0 victory to our boys)

I can recommend this for a plesant couple of hours on a Sunday.- but take a coat even on a warm day it''s cold up there.

Good Luck with your picks this week Yankee  if it''s any help here''s mine

This week it''s Everton V Stoke City Home win

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]how do i get in on this??? cheers[/quote]thnx LGT [Y]

just pick one team you think will win from all the footy matches played over the forthcoming weekend - including non league and matches played in europe...

nutty will do the rest...
[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]how do i get in on this??? cheers[/quote]

Just as Lucky said C-T-I-D .. you just make your very best selection to try and raise money for our great clubs academy. Then the guy making the final selections (Yankee this week) will consider yours and all of ours and in fact any others if he''s not sure of ours. If he manages to get his selections right we win funds for FONCY. If he is unlucky we lose nothing and come back and have another go next week.

We also keep our own records and have our own little league of pickers which gives the whole thing an interest even if we don''t win. Stick around and you''ll pick it up[Y]

[/quote]thnx NN [Y]