Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Reasons to be cheerful - Part 1

We support NCFC

We live in Gods Country (well most of us)

We are not bottom

We have not got Gary Megson as manager

We''ve got Darren Huckerby (but also Garry Donkeyty)

We got 1st Wiz, Yankee, Susie b, Stevenage Fan, ZippersLeftFoot,Plastic Scouser and Tumbleweed who give us good informative postings (which I havent always the time to do)

and most of all

We gonna win Saturday

So come on everyone cheer up when you look at the positives life aint all that bad    

Yes we support NCFC

Yes we are not bottom

Yes we dont have Megson as manager,we have Worthy.

Yes we have Hucks....questionable!

Offside far to often for a man of his pace

Still unproven in the Prem

More importantly than any of that for me right now is that I asked my girlfriend to marry me on Sunday and she said..........................YES 

Thanks Nav, I guess me ma told your ma.  I want to come to Norwich and have some kind of get together or something, would you be interested?  Got any ideas?

Without turning this into a personal conversation and veering off from the original posting am always interested in a drink probably at the Cock in Drayton which allows kids in.

[quote]We support NCFC We live in Gods Country (well most of us) We are not bottom We have not got Gary Megson as manager We''ve got Darren Huckerby

It is indeed a honour to be included in your list NavMan, not sure I deserve it, but I am honoured, I think?.

I too live in Gods county, Suffolk (just) at least I presume that''s what you meant!.

I can do nothing however, to stop that evil blue mob who pollute it though!.          

Hey Wiz you and Yankee sometimes make the day just that little bit easier to bear when on a downer.  It''s great when you go at each other hammer and tongue but deep down we all know the mutual respect is there.  Anyway forgot to add GazzaThe Great and DDiM on my list - and apologies to all other posters I have forgotten for your great contribution be it newcomer or not.   

Nice One, NavMan, here are some more Reasons to Be Cheerful:

We''re not playing Burnley away on Saturday (unlucky Binners!)

Our manager doesn''t look more like a fox than a monkey (unlucky Binners!)

Even if we''re all down in the face about the draws, at least our well meaning mates who support other teams are giving us heart - "Good result that against Blackburn"

At least no-one hates us (except for Binners, but, hey, so what?)

We didn''t make another blatant transfer mistake (a la Doc) by buying Harewood and invested in the corner-infill instead! (Steady on, Wiz...)

Ramadan finishes next Monday, so the midfield may finally get sorted out

Charlton have let in more goals from outside the penalty area than any other Prem team, so Bentley may yet get the chance to save his haircut (sorry, that should have been ''face'')

The longer it takes to get them, makes those three points all the sweeter when they do come 

OTBC

[quote]More importantly than any of that for me right now is that I asked my girlfriend to marry me on Sunday and she said..........................YES[/quote]

Hope this doesn''t mean you''ll be spending less time on here as a result, Stevenage.  England expects, after all, and we need all the low-lifers we can get at this point...

Congratulations!

(PS With all due seriousness, no-one informed me via the telephone network - am I out of your family''s phone tree loop, or something, for some ridiculous and unforgivable reason?)

[quote]Hey Wiz you and Yankee sometimes make the day just that little bit easier to bear when on a downer. It''s great when you go at each other hammer and tongue but deep down we all know the mutual respect...[/quote]

Cheers Navman!  Right back at ya