Sign in to follow this  
row

lets sell clingan ?

i think at the end of the season should Fulham come in and match the reported 3m offer we should sell. This would allow Gunn some much needed funds to improve our clearly depleated squad. Perhaps if we sold him we would be able to aquire Gow and Mooney on a full time basis, sign a replacement central midfielder or 2, and add competition in the right back place. 1 player out, for or 5 new blood full timers in ? not such a bad idea ? any thoughts ?

[quote user="row"]i think at the end of the season should Fulham come in and match the reported 3m offer we should sell. This would allow Gunn some much needed funds to improve our clearly depleated squad. Perhaps if we sold him we would be able to aquire Gow and Mooney on a full time basis, sign a replacement central midfielder or 2, and add competition in the right back place. 1 player out, for or 5 new blood full timers in ? not such a bad idea ? any thoughts ?[/quote]

1 quality out!!

5 average in - with on £3m budget

gow  - £1m

2m on 4 players 500k each - possibly better as we would look for league 1 players who will demand less wages and are also after a chance in the ''big time''

gow = 1m absoloute rubish, wolves were going to sign him for 250,000 in january, mooney will be allowed to go if reading get promoted, maybe even leroy lita in on a free....fossy out cureton out patterson out lappin out that frees up some wages, even sell marshall and stick rudd in goal, i mean an england under 19 keeper is surely up o championship standards

[quote user="row"]gow = 1m absoloute rubish, wolves were going to sign him for 250,000 in january, mooney will be allowed to go if reading get promoted, maybe even leroy lita in on a free....fossy out cureton out patterson out lappin out that frees up some wages, even sell marshall and stick rudd in goal, i mean an england under 19 keeper is surely up o championship standards[/quote]

gow to wolves for £1m!! FACT!!

runn - not just yet give him next season!

marshall - can sell when a prem team comes after him - make a few quid on him eh?

fozzy, curo, patty, lappin all on their way out should allow 20k wage a week increase to bring in quality not quantity!!

no way gow for 1m

its rudd not "runn"

sell marshall definetly

get lita in with the wage money

Wat prem team''s gonna come for Marshall? Croft to a lower or new prem team on a free and Clingan to Fulham look to be the only realistic ones for me. maybe shacks n Gow could be bought permenantly for £1m combined, and we''d have some funds to buy some decent CM''s. Any decent Freebies going apart from Lita?

i think purse is out of contract in the summer, we need 2 decent cm in for sure if clingan is sold, and i deff agree with shackell back in,, really norwich need to hope for reading and wolves to go up so we can have their fringe players

I wouldn''t be surprised if the Clingan/Fulham transfer was already a done deal. Would explain his magnanimous comments about it in January.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Wat prem team''s gonna come for Marshall? Croft to a lower or new prem team on a free and Clingan to Fulham look to be the only realistic ones for me. maybe shacks n Gow could be bought permenantly for £1m combined, and we''d have some funds to buy some decent CM''s. Any decent Freebies going apart from Lita?
[/quote]

Bradley Orr?

he had an interview recently on sky saying he was happy to have signed a new deal i think

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]If we''re offered £3M for Clingan then the board would be silly to say no cause that £3M invested properly would vastly improve our squad![/quote]AS IF!!!!

well lets face it the only way we are going to improve our squad is buy selling players,, we still have money from bell and if we sold clingan for 3m and marshall for 1m a there or thre abouts 4m transfer budget spent wisely could easily set us on the right track for a top half finish next year

[quote user="Mr. Norwich City"]

[quote user="row"]gow = 1m absoloute rubish, wolves were going to sign him for 250,000 in january, mooney will be allowed to go if reading get promoted, maybe even leroy lita in on a free....fossy out cureton out patterson out lappin out that frees up some wages, even sell marshall and stick rudd in goal, i mean an england under 19 keeper is surely up o championship standards[/quote]

marshall - can sell when a prem team comes after him - make a few quid on him eh?

fozzy, curo, patty, lappin all on their way out should allow 20k wage a week increase to bring in quality not quantity!!

[/quote]Hahahahaha . . . . repports last summer had us agreed a deal for around £100k-£200k for Gow and whilst he will be worth more than that now he won''t fetch £1million when he is quite clearly out of favour at Rangers.If Wolves offered £1million then ofcourse Rangers would agree it - the''re not stupid!

Gow would definately be cheaper than £1m, although it''ll be down to whoever offers the most, coz Rangers don''t have a need for him. I don''t see why we''d want to sell Marshall though, he''s a good keeper on the whole. Maybe Rudd could get a few games next season and we''ll have too see after that.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Wat prem team''s gonna come for Marshall? Croft to a lower or new prem team on a free and Clingan to Fulham look to be the only realistic ones for me. maybe shacks n Gow could be bought permenantly for £1m combined, and we''d have some funds to buy some decent CM''s. Any decent Freebies going apart from Lita?
[/quote]

I think Marshall is more likely to go to a prem club then Croft. There isn''t much demand for wingers that can''t cross or shot in the prem. Someone might see Marsh as a half decent back up keeper though.

OTBC

We all know that Gunny won''t see all of any money received. We need to unearth more Cody McDonalds or own grown players who have the hunger and passion because they belong to City and not waste money on loanee players and their agents.

[/quote]

marshall is a decent goalkeeper - remember he is only 22!

£4m for the transfer kitty?

*cough*

£20m debt

Board with no cash

Property deals to be done

*cough*

Unless it was agreed in January, which would explain his poor performances lately, there''s no way we''d get anything close to £3 million for Sammy. He''s been very quiet lately...

Thought for a moment then you had said get £3m for Semmy!

Had to re-read the whole thread in excitement, then realised my mistake - talk about wishful thinking!

[quote user="question mark"]Unless it was agreed in January, which would explain his poor performances lately, there''s no way we''d get anything close to £3 million for Sammy. He''s been very quiet lately...[/quote]Yes, I was wondering that. Is his mind elsewhere/ worried about injuries?

[quote user="Mr. Norwich City"]

[/quote]A "fact" ey? You sound awfully confident... Where''s your source then?I''m pretty sure i read £250,000 (that''s what it said on the BBC), and i don''t think I''m the only one who saw it....[:|]And who''s "runn"?

[quote user="row"]i think at the end of the season should Fulham come in and match the reported 3m offer we should sell. This would allow Gunn some much needed funds to improve our clearly depleated squad. Perhaps if we sold him we would be able to aquire Gow and Mooney on a full time basis, sign a replacement central midfielder or 2, and add competition in the right back place. 1 player out, for or 5 new blood full timers in ? not such a bad idea ? any thoughts ?[/quote]imo i think we would be silly not to take it. its just WILL the board give the manager(whom ever ir may be) the whole or most of the amount!!! I VERY MUCH DOUBT IT...i would like to see lita here but never going to happen...