Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

What can we expect next season if we do stay up?

It now seems probable that we will be playing Championship football next season. Obviously survival would be wonderful, but what have we to look forward to next season? What delights has next season got to offer us? Certain things are pretty much guarenteed to happen once this season draws to a close. And they aint going to benefit the team.

Clingan will be sold and the money dissapear.

Croft will sign a new contract. Just not with us.

Bertrand will go back to Chealsea, never to return. A third season on loan? I doubt it.

Mooney and Gow will return to their respective clubs. No more attacking threat.

Gunn will appendge himself to the club with a long term contract.

Delia and the rest of the incompetent boardroom will remain.

Lets face facts, next season will be the same old struggle and the same old relegation fight unless thing change.

To summerise, we are going to lose our two best players and our wafer thin squad is going to become even smaller. And that is a fact (yes, I said FACT). IMO the only way we are going to turn our fortunes around next season is to permanently sign at least ten players. No more loans, they only very rarely pay off. £3m would be a fair return for Clingan, this money HAS to be INVESTED in the squad and not WASTED on loan fees. This wont happen, Gunn, like his predecesor, will be forced to rely on emergency short term loans to make up the numbers and we will inevitably get relegated. We have ridden our luck for too long. We need depth in squad if we are going to move this club of ours forward.

I think that, given his form since January, we would be unlikely to get anywhere near £3m for Clingan. £1.5m is closer to the mark IMO.

Next season will be won or lost purely on the quality of players the manager brings in whether that be in this league or L1, whether that manager is Gunn or whomever. If we buy promising lower league players (as the club has always done successfully in the past) we will succeed. If we try loaning a squad of 19 year old Premiership Academy graduates with no first team experience we''ll die on our arses again.

Or maybe the success of Mooney and McDonald will kick-start the club into looking at young up-and-coming talent at a snip rather than old cloggers for half a million on inflated wages?

Stefanovic will be back which is almost like a new signing. Fozzy is off! [<:o)]

I see no reason why we can''t sign Gow over the close season, nor hang on to Klingon and Hoolahoop IF we survive. I think Croft is as good as gone but I personally (and will probably get a bit of flak for saying this) still don''t rate him that much even now.

And maybe a new manager without having to resort to a sacking pay-off and upheavel mid-season

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

Or maybe the success of Mooney and McDonald will kick-start the club into looking at young up-and-coming talent at a snip rather than old cloggers for half a million on inflated wages?

Stefanovic will be back which is almost like a new signing. Fozzy is off! [<:o)]

I see no reason why we can''t sign Gow over the close season, nor hang on to Klingon and Hoolahoop IF we survive. I think Croft is as good as gone but I personally (and will probably get a bit of flak for saying this) still don''t rate him that much even now.

And maybe a new manager without having to resort to a sacking pay-off and upheavel mid-season

[/quote]

Thank Gawd for that Chunky, I thought it was just me that felt like this about him.

If we stay up, i cant see why anything will change and we will be exactly where we are now but in 12 months time.

That is unless Doomcaster gets the sack!

Same as this season basically...

A few good games and highlights and a relegation fight we just manage to survive again....

[quote user="Paradox"]

Same as this season basically...

A few good games and highlights and a relegation fight we just manage to survive again....

[/quote]

In short our 11 relegation battle in what will be Delia and Co''s13 season in charge, quite an impressive CV don''t you think,NOT

[quote user="lappinitup"]We''re definitely doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(][/quote]

Even Frank Carson and Jimmy Tarbuck have catchphrases that sound less tired than this one... [|-)]

It depends on several things really.

Which league we''re playing in being the main one.

I think the board have realised how unhappy fans are with the way they''re running things and it now depends on them taking that message to heart and acting on it or if we get more of the same.

Who is actually in charge of the team next season, i personally would like to see Gunny given a 1 year deal regardless of if we stay up or not.

On how many players we can keep hold of, i feel we could sign Gow and Mooney and keep hold of Croft and possibly Clingan too, also getting Shacks back permanently wouldn''t be a bad bit of business with his form for us since returning. I don''t beleive we''re in as deep financial trouble as people would have us beleive.

[quote user="JJ"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]We''re definitely doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(][/quote]

Even Frank Carson and Jimmy Tarbuck have catchphrases that sound less tired than this one... [|-)]

[/quote]

LOL. Agreed.

[quote user="JJ"][quote user="lappinitup"]We''re definitely doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(][/quote]Even Frank Carson and Jimmy Tarbuck have catchphrases that sound less tired than this one... [|-)][/quote]So , it''s ok for the anti-club trolls to keep churning out the same old doom and gloom but when I do it.........

Congratulations Thecanaryfan on a post that has managed to both state the bleedin'' obvious (we need more players, we don''t have enough money, too many loan players etc etc) show off your magnificent stupidity to the full (too many spelling mistakes to bother with here) and show a mean spirited attitude to those who care for our club.

Maybe we will sign Gow, Bertrand et al maybe we won''t but one thing is for certain - I will be there next season to support the team.....that is my magnificent stupidity!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="JJ"][quote user="lappinitup"]We''re definitely doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(][/quote]Even Frank Carson and Jimmy Tarbuck have catchphrases that sound less tired than this one... [|-)][/quote]So , it''s ok for the anti-club trolls to keep churning out the same old doom and gloom but when I do it.........[/quote]Try varying the sentance structure, punctuation and smileys a bit.Then you''ll be OK.

[quote user="Boot"]

Congratulations Thecanaryfan on a post that has managed to both state the bleedin'' obvious (we need more players, we don''t have enough money, too many loan players etc etc) show off your magnificent stupidity to the full (too many spelling mistakes to bother with here) and show a mean spirited attitude to those who care for our club.

Maybe we will sign Gow, Bertrand et al maybe we won''t but one thing is for certain - I will be there next season to support the team.....that is my magnificent stupidity!

[/quote]

Congratulations Boot,on a post that confirms that you are a wanker. All I have done is illustrate what has to happen to the squad if we are to see positive change in the future. We need a full squad of players, not a squad full of loans next season. Im so sorry for mentioning this. Its only my opinion I guess. Again Im truly sorry......How dare I have an opinion of the makeup of the club I love and support.

Indeed, you are magnificantly stupid. Cheers for that.......[:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="JJ"][quote user="lappinitup"]We''re definitely doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(][/quote]Even Frank Carson and Jimmy Tarbuck have catchphrases that sound less tired than this one... [|-)][/quote]So , it''s ok for the anti-club trolls to keep churning out the same old doom and gloom but when I do it.........[/quote]

Anti club troll? Doom and gloom? Jesus, get a grip man.....