Sign in to follow this  
@NYCANARIES

Sheffield United? Norwich should sue!

This is all so so true. The whole west ham case is laughable. I''m sure Carlos Tevez would have been registered properly if the issue had been flagged up at the start; like he was registered properley at manchester utd. If the issue was flagged at the start, would Tevez have not signed for west ham'' of course not...tthe regsitration would have had to be carried out 100% correctly, Tevez would be the same west ham player and would have scored the same goals.

West Ham didn''t cheat, to all intensive purposes there was no reason for Tevez to be ineligable and so Sheff Utd went down correctly.

But this does set a standard; where does ''cheating'' stop. Is Andy Johnson liable for Norwich''s relegation; is Stuart Atwell liable for watfords relegation if they go down by a point after giving reading the ghost goal?

Where does it end?

I have for a number of years been convinced that football is just one Court case away from extinction.I actually thought and may yet be proven correct that the Bosman case was the case in point but believe that a high ranking PLC club might yet save the game from a slow lingering death.At what stage will a shareholder owned company cry ''foul!!'' and litigate against the FA or Premier league when a tv replay shows the penalty that relegated them ( and decimated their income) was given in error? There''s too much at stake for it not to happen sooner or later and the AJ penalty that never was is a prime example.Pretty sure in any other avenue of business the OFT unfair trading regulations 2006 or similar would be introduced in litigation when 10''s of ££££ millions were at stake.

You are my Johnson, my Andy JohnsonOh how we hope you,Go down in MayYou''ll never know queer,how much we hate youSo go take your diving awayNa na na na na...