Sign in to follow this  
Yellowfuture

FEELING GOOD IF WE STAY UP

I`m still not too sure we will be staying up, if we have to go to Charlton needing a win then League One will  surely  follow.

There`s no doubt that the last couple of  games at home, and the fact that we now have a couple of decent strikers has created a real feelgood  factor again at  CR and given the crowd something to cheer. At the end of the day a successful battle to stave off what was almost certain relegation will give everyone a great lift  and for some will feel almost like promotion. This  relegation struggle demands our attention and support for the lads, it is however a tremendous distraction from our real  predicament. If we do stay up I fear many of the 18000 who have renewed will see this as success and look forward eagerly to  next season. For many, the Board will be off the hook, until  the whole saga unfolds again next season in the same way as it has done this year.

The relegation battle is a good distraction from the real long term decay of the club, but hey, at  least it gves us someething to talk about and cheer! 

Who is distracted? I''m sure everybody here has realised this is yet another relegation battle.

Yes the club is in deep decline(still) but as football fans it is natural to celebrate a win.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I still think we''re going down, and next Saturdays result will indicate whether this will be so.[/quote]

My head says we will go down, my heart says there is a glimmer of hope.  It''s up to the lads on the pitch now, we as fans can do no more than support the team.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I still think we''re going down, and next Saturdays result will indicate whether this will be so.[/quote]

My head says we will go down, my heart says there is a glimmer of hope.  It''s up to the lads on the pitch now, we as fans can do no more than support the team.

[/quote]

I''ve even lost hope now 49, the remaining fixtures are all daunting.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Know what you are saying mate, but if we don''t have hope we have nothing at all.  Two weeks ago I could see no light, but now there''s just a chink.

I am fully prepared for relegation and if we don''t make the drop it will be a bonus.

I won''t even be in Norfolk for our last game, off to Florida.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Know what you are saying mate, but if we don''t have hope we have nothing at all.  Two weeks ago I could see no light, but now there''s just a chink.

I am fully prepared for relegation and if we don''t make the drop it will be a bonus.

[/quote]

Enjoy, I''m green with envy![+o(]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Enjoy, I''m green with envy![+o(]

[/quote]

If you fold yourself in half you might fit in our cases lol

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Who is distracted? I''m sure everybody here has realised this is yet another relegation battle.

Yes the club is in deep decline(still) but as football fans it is natural to celebrate a win.

[/quote]

I think we`re all distracted. The point I`m making is if we were lower half of the table,but pretty much clear of the relegation threat,there would be a lot more posts on here expressing concern at the very least about the long term decline of our club. However the relegation fight, the joy of a couple of wins and the  possibility  of  staying up has inevitably united most peoplle behind the club, it would be pretty churlish not to get behind your team in these circumstances. If we do  then stay up there will be a feeling of euphoria, almost as if the season had been  a success and this will let those to blame off  the hook with a  large section of our support.   

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[/quote]

I think we`re all distracted. The point I`m making is if we were lower half of the table,but pretty much clear of the relegation threat,there would be a lot more posts on here expressing concern at the very least about the long term decline of our club. However the relegation fight, the joy of a couple of wins and the  possibility  of  staying up has inevitably united most peoplle behind the club, it would be pretty churlish not to get behind your team in these circumstances. If we do  then stay up there will be a feeling of euphoria, almost as if the season had been  a success and this will let those to blame off  the hook with a  large section of our support.   

[/quote]

Yup! I agree wholeheartedly with your above post....[Y]

Who is distracted? I''m sure everybody here has realised this is yet another relegation battle. Yes the club is in deep decline(still) but as football fans it is natural to celebrate a win.[/quote]

[/quote]

If we stay up it will be a success, particularly from where we have come from at the dark days at the end of Roeder''s reign. More than a success it will be near miraculous.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good post.  This season cannot be considered a success, considering that last summer we were looking to improve and consolidate.  Instead we''ve had significant people jumping ship (The Turners, Cullen, Clark), people getting the bullet (Roeder, Stephenson, Sadler) and a ridiculous turnover of players coming and going (15 loan signings).  The last two games have been brilliant but its in danger of glossing over the bigger picture.  Wherever we finish its been nothing short of a shambles. 

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I think you''d love us to go down

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you''d love us to go down
[/quote]

I agree - what on earth are some people on?  The fact is that our run in is pretty much on a par with most of the sides around us, indeed I''d prefer it to some as we have no more games against sides around us (and if you look at some of the final weekend''s fixtures, in particular Forest v Saints and Plymouth v Barnsley, you do wonder how crucial those will be).  

Yes it will still be difficult, but to have taken 9 points out of a possible 12 is surely as good as even the most optimistic supporters could have hoped for (and plenty more than the pessimists).  To suggest that all hinges on what happens away at the second placed side, with 7 games still remaining, is plain daft.   We probably need 8 points to be safe - or perhaps 9 (ie 3 wins in 7) - so put simply, we can probably afford to lose a couple of games.

Meanwhile, I don''t doubt that anyone can consider this season to be anything other than extremely poor.  IMO the idea that people will consider that scraping by is good enough is simply wrong.

There has been a lot of hype about the three games we have won which were all actually very winnable.  I just hope that these spur the team on and give them confidence for the remaining fixtures as nothing has been decided yet and whilst we are out of the relegation zone, all could change again on Saturday.

That said, given the optimism around the club coming into the season and the soap opera events that have gone on, cannot see how anyone will be happy after 46 games.

I said i''d take 21st this year at the end of last season, and saw nothing in Summer to change my opinion or expectations. At the start of the season i said the same, and i stand by that. If we manage it, i''ll call it a successful year.

It''s not the club''s fault that so many had unrealistic expectations.

We''ll stay up, i''ve seen far too many poorer sides than us this season.

Also Wiz, how in the name of all things holy can a game away to the second best side in the division possibly determine whether or not we''ll stay up? What a ridiculous thing to say. It''s not Brum we need to beat, it''s the poorer sides around us. Anything we get on Saturday is a bonus, and to suggest otherwise is nothing short of moronic.

TFIY

Of course the two recent wins have given everyone a lift, most importantly it''s hoped the players now have the belief that they can turn things around, get themselves out of trouble and ensure safety, hopefully before the last game. Like you, I hope it doesn''t go down to the final day as the pressure just might be too great. However, we are down where we are for a reason, and I guess most of us can cite several.

IMO it''s not a distraction from our real predicament, just the main example of such. IF we stay up I doubt all of your quoted 18,000 will think everything is now rosy in the garden. Far from it. Changes and new ideas have to be implemented in many areas. I can''t speak for everyone, and everyone of course has different views, but I certainly won''t be letting the board off the hook. There are still many questions needing answers and we can only hope that a long summer is the right time for the whole board to sit down and work out where we go from here, whatever division we play in next season.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]TFIY

Of course the two recent wins have given everyone a lift, most importantly it''s hoped the players now have the belief that they can turn things around, get themselves out of trouble and ensure safety, hopefully before the last game. Like you, I hope it doesn''t go down to the final day as the pressure just might be too great. However, we are down where we are for a reason, and I guess most of us can cite several.

IMO it''s not a distraction from our real predicament, just the main example of such. IF we stay up I doubt all of your quoted 18,000 will think everything is now rosy in the garden. Far from it. Changes and new ideas have to be implemented in many areas. I can''t speak for everyone, and everyone of course has different views, but I certainly won''t be letting the board off the hook. There are still many questions needing answers and we can only hope that a long summer is the right time for the whole board to sit down and work out where we go from here, whatever division we play in next season.[/quote]Exactly as I see it too. I still have issues with some of the board''s actions but the team need every bit of support we can give them. Three games ago I couldn''t see us surviving, now I suspect three more wins will see us safe and I believe we can do it - just.

[quote user="Paperclip"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]TFIY Of course the two recent wins have given everyone a lift, most importantly it''s hoped the players now have the belief that they can turn things around, get themselves out of trouble and ensure safety, hopefully before the last game. Like you, I hope it doesn''t go down to the final day as the pressure just might be too great. However, we are down where we are for a reason, and I guess most of us can cite several. IMO it''s not a distraction from our real predicament, just the main example of such. IF we stay up I doubt all of your quoted 18,000 will think everything is now rosy in the garden. Far from it. Changes and new ideas have to be implemented in many areas. I can''t speak for everyone, and everyone of course has different views, but I certainly won''t be letting the board off the hook. There are still many questions needing answers and we can only hope that a long summer is the right time for the whole board to sit down and work out where we go from here, whatever division we play in next season.[/quote]

Exactly as I see it too. I still have issues with some of the board''s actions but the team need every bit of support we can give them. Three games ago I couldn''t see us surviving, now I suspect three more wins will see us safe and I believe we can do it - just.

[/quote]

Fair comment, I am 100% behind the team as we  all are, with perhaps one or two noteable exceptions, I  still fear however that staying up will be seen  as a success and the root of  our problem will not be as vigorously challenged as it should be as a result. Just have a look at the post above, setting low targets and being pleased when they are achieved, a real adrenalin rush that one!

How can anyone come on here and say its "not the club''s fault" for unrealistic expectations?  People''s expectations weren''t great last summer, but considering we finished 17th a year ago, I don''t think it was unrealistic to expect a mid-table/top half finish.

Its absolutely the club''s fault for where we are.  What a ridiculous comment.

JJ, my point is that, regardless of what the board have and haven''t done, people got over optimistic about what to expect this season.

After the debacle last season and a few lack lustre summer signings people were still expecting a playoff push. Based on what, exactly, other than blind faith?

Another relegation struggle was a much more realistic expectation. Hopefully we''ll stay up, see some improvement in the investment side of things and a few decent signings this season, and next year we can set our sights a bit higher.

? - I didn''t mean to offend - I''m in a bit of a mood today.  However, I always got the impression that people (not just on this forum) were expecting a bit of progress - however play-offs and beyond was definitely a bit insane.  I genuinely thought once we were snapping up the likes of Hoolahan and Lupoli that we were moving in the right direction.   Its a shame you''ve been pretty much spot on with your predictions, but I still think in good faith that people weren''t wrong to expect more.

The sad thing is, if we stay up then I think 21st next season (at least under the current circumstances) will be a success.

My expectations for this club are probably greater than even the most optimistic on this message board. I expect us to be in the top six every season given our support and all the advantages promotion gave us. The trouble is we have wasted most of that money we won a few years back and every year with the same people presiding over this club, we sink just a bit lower. Oh yes, we get regular cold showers from Doncaster telling us we are broke, that the directors (not him, mind) are putting in their own money, etc, etc. Still never mind, if Preston and all can find sugar daddies, one will ride up the A11 to save us very soon. Won''t they Mr Doncaster?

I have to add that it''s age and remembering what this club once was that keeps me going and gives me hope. If I were 25 or under I would have lost all such hope during the past four years. One day we will be great again, but under the present crew, dream on!

wizz mate , you have said that every week !!!

i dont exspect a result against birmingham , maybe a draw , but i think we will get another 3 or 4 wins what would be enough .

many teams in the bottom half are playing each other , they cant all win !!

most of my predictions have be right this season , hopefully the biggest one will be right .!!!!