Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

has Gunny shot himself in the foot now with rustys red card

having said that Fattison and Fozzy will not play for the club again, has Gunny now got to do a bit of grovelling at Colney this week?

with rusty suspended for the Brum game, that will mean that one of the 2 mentioned above will surely fill in at central midfield.

imo it would be unwise to change formation (EG 4-3-3) to accomodate the red card and just have clinkers as a central midfielder, the team have been playing well in the formation they currently use and it needs someone to simply slot in...

will be interesting to see, if selected, how either players attitude and performance is.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

having said that Fattison and Fozzy will not play for the club again, has Gunny now got to do a bit of grovelling at Colney this week?

with rusty suspended for the Brum game, that will mean that one of the 2 mentioned above will surely fill in at central midfield.

imo it would be unwise to change formation (EG 4-3-3) to accomodate the red card and just have clinkers as a central midfielder, the team have been playing well in the formation they currently use and it needs someone to simply slot in...

will be interesting to see, if selected, how either players attitude and performance is.

[/quote]

I believe he''s never said that jas, he has however said, both, along with Jamie, are availible for selection.

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"] marsh
otsemobor HOOF shackell bertie

croft clingan   carney
           hoolahan
      gow   mooney

is the team id pick for next week
[/quote]out for a while i think

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="CT the Jarrold king"] marshotsemobor HOOF shackell bertiecroft clingan   carney           hoolahan      gow   mooney

is the team id pick for next week[/quote]out for a while i think[/quote]Damnit all! swap hoola for gow then play little C and mooney upfront. Sorted (Y)

MarshallOtsemobor - Doc - Shax - BertrandCroft - Clingan - Gow - CarneyCort/McDonald - MooneySubs: Nelson, Leijer, Adeyemi, Lappin (Hoolahan if fit), McDonald/CortThat''d be my team. Reasonably strong and skilfull in midfield, keep the defence the same after 3 clean sheets in 4 games, and up front much of the same, but Cort to play if fit, if not young Cody to start up front.

It also seems a bit to adventurous for Brum away, my money would be on Fozzy getting his place back. As it is not at home he should not be as much a target for the boo boys.

Matty Patty and Gunn didn''t say that he will not play again, in fact he said he can go out on loan but as long as he can get a recal in place. But people always like to read differently.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]It also seems a bit to adventurous for Brum away, my money would be on Fozzy getting his place back. As it is not at home he should not be as much a target for the boo boys.[/quote]

I''m pretty sure we''ll start with one up front at Brum, so Gow would be in the middle anyway, along with AN other, preferably Patty for me.

"having said that Fattison and Fozzy will not play for the club again"Where did he say that exactly numpty?

[/quote]

[quote user="Ciderkidd"]Marshall
Otsemobor - Doc - Shax - Bertrand
Croft - Clingan - Gow - Carney
Cort/McDonald - Mooney

Subs: Nelson, Leijer, Adeyemi, Lappin (Hoolahan if fit), McDonald/Cort

That''d be my team. Reasonably strong and skilfull in midfield, keep the defence the same after 3 clean sheets in 4 games, and up front much of the same, but Cort to play if fit, if not young Cody to start up front.
[/quote]

Can''t fault that at all. Exactly what I would go for. Putting Fozzy or Pattison in would be a really bad move, stick to your guns Gunny and keep those bad apples well away.

[quote user="Pastry"]"having said that Fattison and Fozzy will not play for the club again"

Where did he say that exactly numpty?

[/quote][/quote]

sorry. where did i attempt to insult you in my post? i see you resort to calling me a name just because i wasn''t correct in my post.. i suppose you resort to calling your work colleagues names if they dont do something right too? stinky poo poo bum bum head.... see i can be a childish name caller too!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Pastry"]"having said that Fattison and Fozzy will not play for the club again"

Where did he say that exactly numpty?

[/quote][/quote]

sorry. where did i attempt to insult you in my post? i see you resort to calling me a name just because i wasn''t correct in my post.. i suppose you resort to calling your work colleagues names if they dont do something right too? stinky poo poo bum bum head.... see i can be a childish name caller too!

[/quote]

Don''t know about Pastry but on our Shift verbal abuse is very much par for the course.

Mange tout, then you are either a policeman, paramedic/nurse/doctor, football player or nightclub bouncer! apart from that most people refrain from verbally abusing each other in most work places.

Possibly a diamond?

Clingan

Croft               Carney

Gow

The maybe play one of Cort or McDonald with Mooney upfront

[/quote] hoolahan on left, carney in center??

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I believe he''s never said that jas, he has however said, both, along with Jamie, are availible for selection.

[/quote]

What''s he got to do with it ?

Never has it been said anywhere that any of the dropped players were never to play for Norwich again!

For me Pattison is the ideal replacement for Russell becuase hes a similar style to him!

In my opinion Pattison didn''t deserve to be frozen out as he has been!

Gunny shot himself in the foot but not in the way you suggest Jas.

It was as plain as day that Russell was an accident waiitng to happen and obvious that he needed to come off before he got sent off.  Gunn''s failure to substitute him was a massive mistake.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What''s he got to do with it ?

[/quote]

Only that Gunny said ALL players are still up for selection, no matter who they are.

I would think that putting either of Pattison or Fozzy  (pref. Pattison) in the middle is the least damaging option.I wouldn''t want to be altering the formation or breaking up the front two, both of which seem to be working at the moment.I''d go for:MarshallOtsemobor Doherty Shackell BertrandCroft Clingan Pattison CarneyMooney GowSubs: Nelson, Leijer, Fotheringham, Lappin, McDonald

It''s obviously very difficult to know exactly what is going on behind the scenes. If Pattison and/or Fotheringham have been disruptive influences since Roeder''s departure then Gunn is clearly right to freeze them out. If not, then he has been extremely short-sighted. I really hope that Pattison is fit and motivated enough to come in for Russell on Saturday. All things being equal, he is the best replacement. But I suspect he is too fat and uninterested at the moment, which is to the great shame of someone, him or Gunn.

One thing that is certain is that Russell''s red card was an accident waiting to happen on Saturday. Gunn should have taken him off. But there was no ideal replacement on the bench, which brings us back to the Pattison/Fozzy situation.

I think the problem here is how the pinkun/edp (mis)reported it. I recall a report last week very much saying that Fozzy had played his last game, and was followed up with similar on Pattison, but none of Gunn''s quotes came close to stating that this was the case - indeed, he almost stated the opposite by saying they''d be available for selection.

Re: Rusty, he is an old enough pro to know better.  If we had subbed him, it would have made us weaker at a time when we were protecting a lead, as we didn''t have a ready made replacement on the bench.   It was right to keep him on and IMO you really have to aim all the brickbats for the dismissal at the player himself.  

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

I think the problem here is how the pinkun/edp (mis)reported it. I recall a report last week very much saying that Fozzy had played his last game, and was followed up with similar on Pattison, but none of Gunn''s quotes came close to stating that this was the case - indeed, he almost stated the opposite by saying they''d be available for selection.

Re: Rusty, he is an old enough pro to know better.  If we had subbed him, it would have made us weaker at a time when we were protecting a lead, as we didn''t have a ready made replacement on the bench.   It was right to keep him on and IMO you really have to aim all the brickbats for the dismissal at the player himself.  

[/quote]

Totally agree with that - Russell has let us down, just as he did last season at the same stage. But I just don''t think it''s a good idea to go into a game with no central midfielder on the bench. As I said in my previous post, I don''t know how much that is poor management by Gunn to cut Fotheringham and Pattison adrift, or how much it is down to the attitude of those two players. But we are in a pickle for Saturday, either way.