Sign in to follow this  
YellowRoad

Russell out for 2 matches

Russell out for 2 matches and Hoolahan injured. Shame we have to change the team again for B''ham.

Hope Gunn plays Pattison and Carney instead !

Pattison is good going forward similar like Russell.

It''s a shame Uncle Fester didn''t try harder to persuade Bell to stay until at least the end of the season.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]It''s a shame that Gunny didn''t do the stunningly obvious and substitute Russell to save him from himself.  [/quote]Easier to say after the match then during it. How would you have taken it if Gunn took off Russel and then the replacement substitute made a huge mistake, letting in Plymouth to score and losing 2 valuable points?Spose it would have been Gunns fault for making the substitution when not needed...

[quote user="Superflash"]

Russell should''ve known better, Gunn deserves no blame for his behaviour whatsoever.

[/quote]

Agreed, Rusty is a grown man, he has to learn to control his temper and his gob [:|]

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]It''s a shame that Gunny didn''t do the stunningly obvious and substitute Russell to save him from himself.  [/quote]

Easier to say after the match then during it. How would you have taken it if Gunn took off Russel and then the replacement substitute made a huge mistake, letting in Plymouth to score and losing 2 valuable points?

Spose it would have been Gunns fault for making the substitution when not needed...
[/quote]

Thr group around me were all saying it during the match.  Actually, one said it at half time as Russell so anonymous in the first half.  Always room for coming unstuck but Russell had clearly lost it.  He got booked for dissent and carried on haranguing the ref.

I agree it''s a risk, but I agree Russell should have been taking off. That what an experienced manager would have done.

It was obvious rusty was going get sent off.

I also feel the ref could have helped us out and signified to Gunn it was Russell''s final warning. Something that happens in the prem.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]It''s a shame that Gunny didn''t do the stunningly obvious and substitute Russell to save him from himself.  [/quote]

Easier to say after the match then during it. How would you have taken it if Gunn took off Russel and then the replacement substitute made a huge mistake, letting in Plymouth to score and losing 2 valuable points?

Spose it would have been Gunns fault for making the substitution when not needed...
[/quote]

Does Gunn really make the decisions? Crooky was sat in the Directionless Box on Saturday with a tv monitor of the game in progress in front of him, he was communicating via a small microphone to the bench (and probably Gunny).....As I said in an earlier thread, is Gunn just the appointed figurehead?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Does Gunn really make the decisions? Crooky was sat in the Directionless Box on Saturday with a tv monitor of the game in progress in front of him, he was communicating via a small microphone to the bench (and probably Gunny).....As I said in an earlier thread, is Gunn just the appointed figurehead?

[/quote]

Fair question Mello.  Please read all my posts here are meaning the collective leadership when I say Gunn

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I agree it''s a risk, but I agree Russell should have been taking off. That what an experienced manager would have done. It was obvious rusty was going get sent off. I also feel the ref could have helped us out and signified to Gunn it was Russell''s final warning. Something that happens in the prem.[/quote]

To be fair, even someone as monumentally thick as Russell appears to be (in a footballing sense, at least) should have realised that, having left a foot in on a Plymouth player in the centre circle moments before and been reprieved because the ref played advantage and somehow failed to come back to him when the move broke down, he was firmly in the last chance saloon. Having said that, you can''t absolve Gunn of blame. Yet again he deferred action until something had happened, another sign of his woeful inexperience and lack of decisiveness.

I think we should adopt Nigel Cloughs policy, you get booked for dissent and you lose a weeks wages.  I thought the respect campaign was supposed to encourage half wits like Russell to keep their gobs shut.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair question Mello.  Please read all my posts here are meaning the collective leadership when I say Gunn

[/quote]

I don''t think it''s a fair question at all. Just plain spiteful.

[quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What''s plain spiteful? Is it a second world war fighter designed by a Mr Mitchell?  < A Mk4 Spiteful Plain

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What''s plain spiteful? Is it a second world war fighter designed by a Mr Mitchell?  < A Mk4 Spiteful Plain

[/quote]

Blimey, the Mk $. You overlooked plain unnecessary, plain nasty and plain childish

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Blimey, the Mk 4. You overlooked plain unnecessary, plain nasty and plain childish

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Blimey, the Mk 4. You overlooked plain unnecessary, plain nasty and plain childish

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with those who think Gunn and co. made a silly mistake by not bringing off Rusty in time. It''s common practice, and bearing Russel''s disciplinary record in mind, it would have been easily explicable.

Hopefully Pattison (Fozzy?) will grab the opportunity to make a comeback with both hands.

[quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

DACKA! DACKA! DACKA!......DACKA! DACKA DACKA!.....Take some of my 20mm tracer - you so serious Focke you!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

Thr group around me were all saying it during the match.  Actually, one said it at half time as Russell so anonymous in the first half.  Always room for coming unstuck but Russell had clearly lost it.  He got booked for dissent and carried on haranguing the ref.

[/quote]

It was also clear to me that a sending-off was very likely and the referee luckily showed a lot of patience at the time of the first booking.  I agree that he should have been substituted and it also crossed my mind at the time that it would have been wise, especially after the next dodgy tackle that he committed. Russell has an awful track-record for sendings-off and losing him for the next two games could well cost us vital points and relegation.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Superflash"]

Russell should''ve known better, Gunn deserves no blame for his behaviour whatsoever.

[/quote]

Agreed, Rusty is a grown man, he has to learn to control his temper and his gob [:|]

[/quote]

Yes, Gunn shouldn''t have to hold his hand all the time.

Russell''s been sent off so many times it''s untrue. On balance he''s probably an asset to the team but that''s not much good when he keeps getting carded so often. 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

DACKA! DACKA! DACKA!......DACKA! DACKA DACKA!.....Take some of my 20mm tracer - you so serious Focke you!

[/quote]

I was responding to serious point made by you which I thought was unnecessary of, if you prefer, Focking unnecessary : Does Gunn really make the decisions? Crooky was sat in the Directionless Box on Saturday with a tv monitor of the game in progress in front of him, he was communicating via a small microphone to the bench (and probably Gunny).....As I said in an earlier thread, is Gunn just the appointed figurehead?"

IMO a miserable allegation to make, given that gunnhas led us to 9 poinys out of 12 in the last four matches.

Russell is easy to wind up and opposition players know that!

Russell made a rod for his own back by complaining long and hard after his 1st booking!

In my opinion his replacement has to be a straight swop for the only player at the club with a similar style to Russell and that is Pattison who doesn''t seem to be a favourite of Gunns?

[quote user="YellowRoad"]

Russell out for 2 matches and Hoolahan injured. Shame we have to change the team again for B''ham.

Hope Gunn plays Pattison and Carney instead !

Pattison is good going forward similar like Russell.

[/quote]

How come Rusty has been banned for 2 matches?  I always thought that going for a 2nd booking was just a 1 match ban?

[quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was responding to serious point made by you which I thought was unnecessary of, if you prefer, Focking unnecessary : Does Gunn really make the decisions? Crooky was sat in the Directionless Box on Saturday with a tv monitor of the game in progress in front of him, he was communicating via a small microphone to the bench (and probably Gunny).....As I said in an earlier thread, is Gunn just the appointed figurehead?"

IMO a miserable allegation to make, given that gunnhas led us to 9 poinys out of 12 in the last four matches.

[/quote]

Whatever.....[:|]

I actually think Gunny is a top bloke, I''ve met him and spoke to him on occassion - and truly I admire him for what he''s done - not only for NCFC as a player - but also for Charity and the Community, etc....OK?

Now, of all the appointed members of the current ''Carra Dream Team.'' Our Gunny, is probably the least qualified in the coaching, tactical and footballing decision making - regarding and concerning the ''other three''.....Plain enough for you?....Or, in your opinion, is it just still plain spiteful and a miserable allegation.....[:|]

Could it be that Crook is looking at the technical side of the game, and then feeding back to Gunn  on the bench, who then takes the decisions based on the input given and the big picture ?Sounds like good delegation and a decent use of resources to me.