Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Chris Sutton in FA Enquiry

Can''t they ban parents from kids games? They''re a bloody nuisance.Got a mate that used to do the same thing,well not as bad,but just a general pain in the ****!

i once went to watch my Nephew play football for his school team...

some dad was on the side line ranting and raving at all times to his son.. about where he should run, what he should do, really giving the lad a hard time.. there was some foul language too.... In the end i decided enough was enough, i walked over to the bloke and said "oi! Wenger.. why dont you just shut it mate!" he gave me an odd look and started having a go at me, so i said that 1. its kids footy and he isn''t impressing anyone... and 2.if his kid was any good he''d be at Manchester uniteds academy not playing in front of 1 man and his dog at the local rec....

he shut up and mooched away to the other end of the pitch... funny thing is he looked dejected when i said that..... he was an imbesile though.

jas :)

Well done Jas,pretty brave though,those sort of plonkers can get pretty vicious,especially the mums!(no sexism intended)

You try reffing youth football week in week out. You get some right idiots, been doing it for 3 years now. Don''t know if I''ll give up my sundays next season, the abuse gets worse every year. And since the respect campaign, I''ve had it in the neck about that. It''s hardly my fault the FA launched the cmapaign is it? Saying that the majority of parents will greet you with a "good game ref" afterwards, there is a minority of idiots though.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]You try reffing youth football week in week out. You get some right idiots, been doing it for 3 years now. Don''t know if I''ll give up my sundays next season, the abuse gets worse every year. And since the respect campaign, I''ve had it in the neck about that. It''s hardly my fault the FA launched the cmapaign is it? Saying that the majority of parents will greet you with a "good game ref" afterwards, there is a minority of idiots though.
[/quote]

The problem is that many youngsters taking up the whistle can''t take the abuse - I''ve seen 14 year olds reffing an U10 game reduced to tears by abuse (and threats) from the line.  All Referee Association''s will tell you that a good 60-70 per cent that you spend a lot of time training are then out of the game within two seasons.  We rightly complain about the poor standard of refereeing that we sometimes see at professional level but some of these kids might have gone on to improve the situation in later years.  Instead they just give up.

It''s one thing for an adult to learn to take the abuse and just get on with it (as you do) but it is a very bad situation when enthusiastic youngsters are forced out by behaviour that wouldn''t be tolerated anywhere else.  If parents threatened or abused their own children at home in the same way that they abuse the "child" in the middle at a youth game they''d probably be reported for it.

Is his son way ahead of his age group, because a 36 year old should not have a son playing for the under 14''s or have I read it wrong?!

[quote user="Ernie"]Is his son way ahead of his age group, because a 36 year old should not have a son playing for the under 14''s or have I read it wrong?![/quote]A 36 year old shouldn''t have a grandson playing for the Under 14''s.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

I''m sure there''s plenty of 36 year olds with 14 year olds, I don''t see your point?

[/quote]Precisely, he would have been 22 when his son was born. What''s wrong about that?

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

I''m sure there''s plenty of 36 year olds with 14 year olds, I don''t see your point?

[/quote]

I''m sure there''s plenty of 14 year olds with 1 year olds.....Sells tabloids, they get a tidy sum from said tabloids - and maybe a nice house and benefits when they''re a little older....

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"][quote user="Ernie"]Is his son way ahead of his age group, because a 36 year old should not have a son playing for the under 14''s or have I read it wrong?![/quote]A 36 year old shouldn''t have a grandson playing for the Under 14''s.[/quote]Former football star Chris Sutton faced an FA disciplinary inquiry last

night after storming on to the pitch during a youth game in which his

son was playing and confronting the 16-year-old referee.

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"][quote user="Ernie"]Is his son way ahead of his age group, because a 36 year old should not have a son playing for the under 14''s or have I read it wrong?!
[/quote]

A 36 year old shouldn''t have a grandson playing for the Under 14''s.

[/quote]

They do in Ipswich!! (Sorry too easy)

[quote user="Herman "]Well done Jas,pretty brave though,those sort of plonkers can get pretty vicious,especially the mums!(no sexism intended)[/quote]

lol.. probably right at the end of the day... i''d say it again though... anyone who knows me knows im the same off line as i am on it... if somethings not on i''ll speak up.

I was at the match and his behaviour was incredible for a man who should be setting an example to youngsters. Why he had to get involved I will never know. The young lad who refed the match is allways very good,very fair,and a really nice lad. He did not derserve to be abused in such a way, by someone like him.You would expect better. Think he need to climb down from his high horse,take his head out of his backside,learn some manners,and treat people as he would like to be treated.

a strange situation i find myself in. The fact that i know the referee who was involved in this.. he is one of my very good mates.. and told me about this on monday! said how he had been warned about how chris suttons temper on the sidelines..

Am I missing something here? Was he just watching as a father, because unless he was watching in an official capacity, such as a manager of the team or a coach or something, how can he be subject to FA disciplinary procedures? Wouldn''t it just be like going onto the pitch at Carrow Road? You''d get arrested but would you be subject to the FA?

[quote user="Mr Angry"]

Am I missing something here? Was he just watching as a father, because unless he was watching in an official capacity, such as a manager of the team or a coach or something, how can he be subject to FA disciplinary procedures? Wouldn''t it just be like going onto the pitch at Carrow Road? You''d get arrested but would you be subject to the FA?

[/quote]

i can only imagine he is involved with the team in some capacity... id expect he''s assistant manager... most kids teams would love to have an ex pro coaching them.. especially one as good as super Chris.

[quote user="keelan for england"]I was at the match and his behaviour was incredible for a man who should be setting an example to youngsters. Why he had to get involved I will never know. The young lad who refed the match is allways very good,very fair,and a really nice lad. He did not derserve to be abused in such a way, by someone like him.You would expect better. Think he need to climb down from his high horse,take his head out of his backside,learn some manners,and treat people as he would like to be treated.
[/quote]

I can confidently state that the officials of the North Norfolk Youth League were a trifle put out by the young referee''s report which he reported to the League, the County FA, and his Referee Association (as he is required to do).

It''s the panel which used to read:  "Please use this space to call attention to any particular incident during, before or after a game or with which you have a particular concern.  If necessary please continue overleaf or submit separate sheets headed with the game particulars and your Association number............."

NNYL: "We can confirm we are investigating a report by a referee into an U14 game involving teams from Sheringham.  We do not wish to make any further comment other than to say that our League, which has over 150 teams, has an excellent disciplinary record since our formation as the Norfolk FA will confirm.  At the start of this season, we reminded all club secretaries, managers of their responsibility in their treatment of officials and asked that they take that responsibility seriously and convey our views to the supporters of their clubs."

Britain''s first £5m player - and Scotland''s first £6m player - is not returning calls from close to downtown Holt.

I read this earlier on today and all I could think was how very sad!!!

A 36 year old man abusing a 16 year old over a decision in a game of football between some kids.

I''ve not played Sunday league football since I was 16 and to be honest I''m glad as well... It''s full of idiots who think they are somebody but aren''t... It sound''s like a cliche but I never remember any of this when I was younger, we just used to play football and that was it. 

Get a life Chris.

I totally agree with the respect campaign etc...but put yourself in the same shoes.

Your 13 year old kid is in a heep on the floor, after an apparantly awful tackle; you go on the pitch to see how your son is, and perhaps find a referee perfectly happy to let the kid get away with the tackle. Things work both ways to me; yes referees need respect; but children also need to realise they can''t get away with such actions.

I live in the area; and do know some people who were involved; and it seems that it could have been blown out of all proportions.

If this was Joe Bloggs would the press care, would there be all this publicity, but because it''s Chris Sutton, BANG... headlines. One sided stories....Scapegoat style.

And presumably the majority of people who are making comments here about the incident know very little, if anything, about what happened. A one-sided story has been reported by the press because of who is involved and people who know nothing of the incident are making comments such as ''get a life''!

How many parents would stay on the side lines when their thirteen year old son lay in pain and possibly seriously injured on the pitch? Would you? Or would you be concerned for your son''s welfare?

[quote user="Huddy "]

I totally agree with the respect campaign etc...but put yourself in the same shoes.

Your 13 year old kid is in a heep on the floor, after an apparantly awful tackle; you go on the pitch to see how your son is, and perhaps find a referee perfectly happy to let the kid get away with the tackle. Things work both ways to me; yes referees need respect; but children also need to realise they can''t get away with such actions.

[/quote]

Only one member of the coaching team should ever go onto the field of play! and that person should never confront the referee on the pitch.

You''d never see Gunny on the pitch while a players getting treatment.

[quote user="Paul Bishop"][quote user="Huddy "]

[/quote]

Only one member of the coaching team should ever go onto the field of play! and that person should never confront the referee on the pitch.

[/quote]

But none of the players on the pitch are Gunny''s 13 year old son. Slight difference! Plus, i would suggest that the NCFC physio is far more qualified than whoever runs on with the sponge for Sheringham Youth U14''s; and probably knows less about injuries than Chris Sutton.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

How many parents would stay on the side lines when their thirteen year old son lay in pain and possibly seriously injured on the pitch? Would you? Or would you be concerned for your son''s welfare?

[/quote]

HALLELUJAH

Thanks Yellow Wall, you''ve restored my faith in my own judgement. That i''m not the only person who see what you also see!

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

And presumably the majority of people who are making comments here about the incident know very little, if anything, about what happened. A one-sided story has been reported by the press because of who is involved and people who know nothing of the incident are making comments such as ''get a life''!

[/quote]Does showing concern for your son who is hurt on the floor involve mouthing off to the ref?

[quote user="Paul Bishop"][quote user="Huddy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So if your 13 your old son is lying hurt on the pitch you wouldn''t go and see if he is alright? These were KIDS! If his son was 23 then it would be completely different!