Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Give Cody a start!!

With Hoolahan injured and Russell suspended, there''s no better time to move Gow into an attacking midfield role alongside Clingan, and give Cody a start alongside Mooney.

Gow, Mooney and Mcdonald are the players to of changed things around, so why not start with all three of them against the Brum?

I''ve said before that he''s the ideal player to bring on for the last 15-20 mins. when the opposition are tiring. If Brum can be held at bay until then, they will be pressing hard for a goal & he could do a ''Cardiff'' on them!Anyone remember David Fairclough?

[quote user="ron obvious"]
I''ve said before that he''s the ideal player to bring on for the last 15-20 mins. when the opposition are tiring. If Brum can be held at bay until then, they will be pressing hard for a goal & he could do a ''Cardiff'' on them!

Anyone remember David Fairclough?

[/quote]

Yeah ''Super Sub''

I''ve said before that he''s the ideal player to bring on for the last 15-20 mins. when the opposition are tiring. If Brum can be held at bay until then, they will be pressing hard for a goal & he could do a ''Cardiff'' on them!

[/quote]

not good old super sub, I see where you are coming from

Its a bit early to be starting him. He''s learning fast, but you have to remember he''s just out of non League. At present being an impact sub works fine. At Brum we''re likely to have less of the ball and I suspect we may well play one up front.

Perhaps Gunn could consider starting him at home against Reading depending on the situation we are in. If we can extend Mooney''s loan he will not be able to play against his parent club and I think I would rather give Cody a game than bring Cureton or Cort back in.

i agree , why not give him a start .

if he can score a goal in a minute or two of being on the pitch , surely he may get a hatrick in 90 minutes!!!

hes a young player and full of  energy.

hes like a whippet , just what we needed .

[quote user="Berkshire Canary"]Perhaps Gunn could consider starting him at home against Reading depending on the situation we are in. If we can extend Mooney''s loan he will not be able to play against his parent club and I think I would rather give Cody a game than bring Cureton or Cort back in.[/quote]

Exactly! Mooney will not be allowed to play, when we play Reading, so Cody will most likely get a start. But why not give him a start now against Brum. Gow has to play, but he can play as an attacking midfielder too!

He is learning his game still and that is best done from the subs bench as much as possible.

And why would you break up gow and mooney?  They are working well together and gow looks three times the player up front compared to his wide or central midfield cameos for us.  Dare I say it but I would rather have fozzy back than do that.  

And why would we do what the last three managers have been so criticised for in changing a team more than needed AND playing people out of their preferred position?   Keep it simple, carney for hoola and either fozzy or pattison for russell.   If needs must then lappin in the middle but his lack of pace will be bad for us. 

I agree zlf - play Gow in midfield and you risk losing his man of the match impact up front.  Lappin and Fozzy are still being paid for us and I certainly want to see Lappin get at least a game before leaving us so we can see if letting him go is the right decision.

Build him up for starts towards the end of the season by all means, but to throw him in at the deep end especially against a side like Birmingham to me is a bit silly. Gow and Mooney are doing a good job as it is. Cody is no doubt a gem, but I feel putting all this pressure on him so early on in his career for us is the last thing he needs. but building him up slowly as Gunn has done is by far the best way forward and this is already paying dividends.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Its a bit early to be starting him. He''s learning fast, but you have to remember he''s just out of non League. [/quote]Are the goals different?

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="Beauseant"]Its a bit early to be starting him. He''s learning fast, but you have to remember he''s just out of non League. [/quote]

Are the goals different?
[/quote]

Er, No!  But I think you might find the standard of  centre back ever so slightly better.

I think Cody is what the tabloid press would describe as a "jet-heeled" striker. I was very impressed with what I saw of him in the short time he was on the pitch on Saturday. He had terrific energy and made some tremendous lightning raids into dangerous positions - a bit like Wayne Rooney at his best. He was a whisker away from scoring as well - not many players do that with only about 5 minutes of action. He could have a great future ahead of him - lets hope it''s with City. Let''s unleash him on Brum, we might just take all 3 points!

[/quote]

exactly the point i was going to make.... at present he is great to come on all guns blazing when the other team are tiring!

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]

[quote user="Mr. Norwich City"]he would tire by the hour![/quote]

That''s true. He couldn''t keep up that pace he showed on Saturday for 90 minutes.

[/quote]

So who''s going to play alongside Gow when Mooney can''t play against Reading?? Cureton??

[quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="Phil E Stein"]

[quote user="Mr. Norwich City"]he would tire by the hour![/quote]

That''s true. He couldn''t keep up that pace he showed on Saturday for 90 minutes.

[/quote]

So who''s going to play alongside Gow when Mooney can''t play against Reading?? Cureton??

[/quote]That''s 6 games away yet. Perhaps relegation wouldn''t be an issue (!) so it wouldn''t matter anyway, plus hopefully Cort could do first half/three-quarters.

Wouldnt be disappointed if Cort is brought back on Saturday, to play up front with Mooney, and have a 4-4-2.

Otherwise it would be wise to have a 4-5-1 I feel, like at QPR. We are just lacking confident central midfielders atm.

why would people think he wouldnt last 90 minutes ... hes early 20s not 90 .

i know he has to get match fit, we played sibs for 90 minutes  huffing and puffing .

H''s not ready for a start yet

He is a good impact player but should be brought on for more than 15 minutes

I only just found out Dartford were in the English non-leagues....I swear I heard they were from the Irish league!