Sign in to follow this  
irishcanary

Mulryne for Kuqi

Is worthy going to do a player swap Mullers going to scum Kuqi coming here. I hope not but NW said he looked at others whilst he watched Bent play.

Do all the Mulryne haters want this sort of deal

Certainly not a good deal for city - I have seen nothing in Shocking Kuqi to want him to play for us - he is at best a championship player and little else.

Certainly not worth wasting one of our players on.

OTBC

Actually Irish Canary that is quite an interesting assumption.  Not necessarily those players but nobody has thought that it might be a player swap deal maybe with some cash involved.  January could be very interesting indeed hopefully for all the right reasons.

I don''t understand why Mullers is getting such a hard time. Before Francis it was him and Holt giving us a concrete midfield. Mullers to me would be a much better choice along Francis instead of Holt, he can pass well and come dead ball situations has an eye for goal. Definately worth a run out.

I can''t believe anyone can be serious about a Mulryne-Kuqi swap. Kuqi is no better than anyone we''ve already got (Bent I think is a different case altogether) and scoring goals is not our major problem, it''s keeping them out. The major reasons for this IMO are that we give away possession too cheaply out of defence - it''s too often long-ball even when there''s little pressure - and that we have too few players in midfield who can hold and pass the ball. Given that Mulryne is someone who holds and passes the ball, admittedly not always forwards, I think he should be given a chance in place of Holt as well.

A player swap is an option but only for a lower league side. Of the players that we have and would be happy to see leave how many are going to attract a fellow premier club?

The player we are really looking for is a goal scorer who can do a job for us in early 2005. The likely candidates are Harewood, Ashton and Johansen or someone better that those. I accept that Crewe may be attracted to some of our fringe players but I doubt that Charlton or West Ham would.

Then there is the question of who we would like to see leave? Mcveigh to Celtic and Valhaeren or Sutton to city may be an option if MO''Ns attractive is genuine

The only option I can see to get some real transfer funds is to cash in greeno - but what message would that give to any player joining us - what ambition is there at the club if you are prepared to sell your only true star quality player?

OTBC

I was wondering about when Mulryne signed his latest contract last year, because for a while it looked like he was going to leave on a Bosman. Presumably Worthy persuaded him to stay with the promise of a better chance of first team footy with us in the Premiership. I''m sure he had a deal to go a a Premier team, but would have been on the bench at best - which is where he''s at now. It wouldn''t surprise me if he was fairly narked, and therefore wouldn''t surprise me if he was off in January. It''s a shame, because when he''s playing well, he''s excellent, and could be a great option to either Francis or Holt. The way he changes the tempo of the game and KEEPS THE BALL would have been quite useful on Saturday. His sideways passing woudl have been just what we needed. I for one don''t want him to go, but I''ve got a feeling he''ll be off

I really hope not, I badly want to see him play in the Prem, more so than Helveg or Safri.   Can we not do something to get him a start?   I know if we all chant Mulryne, Mulryne, Mulryne at the top of our voices at 10:00PM tonight, Worthy is bound to hear right? 

I used to love Mullers.  His play making, free flowing passing and spectacular free kick taking were a wonderful piece of class when he first came from Man Utd.  But I''m afraid to say that I haven''t seen him play a good game in well over a year.  We look so defensive when he plays.  I want to cheer when he crosses the half way line!  I wouldn''t be grduge us offering him as part exchange + cash for a player.  Sorry