Sign in to follow this  
ncfcrule

Did anyone see this on saturday??

on saturday lappin was being told to warm up from about 60 mins onwards by paul criton(sp), and when he finshed running he always tried to get gunnys attention to show he was ready to play.

And he didnt get on which disapoints me as i think he will give everything for the team as he has a point to prove.

your thoughts??

He may have been training hard and putting in the effort, but if he had impressed Gunn with his talent, than he would be playing. Everybody was saying that he deserved a chance, but when he did play for us, he wasn''t exactly setting the world on fire. I agree that durung the shite period we had, he should have been given a chance, but the team of late, has been doing well. Slightly contridicted myself there lol, but I know what I mean.

i totally agree

but it was weird that he was given instructions to warm up and looked like get ready for him just to be left.

sometimes managers get other players to warm up to give the ones playing a bit of a kick up the ass...if you think you are coming off you will put that little bit xtra in [Y]

standard management....its still a shame gunny didnt give him 10 minutes or so

Lappin = a fresh pair of legs, would have saved Russell, would have used up time and given a slightly more defensive bias in the final minutes - and given us a chance to see if he can still kick a ball. (I''m beginning to wonder if we have to pay him a big bonus for every match he plays). Am sure Carney will be ahead of him on Saturday - and if Drury plays then Lappin will stay on the bench then too. But at least Bertrand knows how to get the ball into the box..

[quote user="Binky"]Lappin = a fresh pair of legs, would have saved Russell, would have used up time and given a slightly more defensive bias in the final minutes - and given us a chance to see if he can still kick a ball. (I''m beginning to wonder if we have to pay him a big bonus for every match he plays). Am sure Carney will be ahead of him on Saturday - and if Drury plays then Lappin will stay on the bench then too. But at least Bertrand knows how to get the ball into the box..
[/quote]

If only we all had a crystal ball :-)  If he had come on, I doubt it would have been for Russell anyway though, he''s the more combative type of player you want to see out the last few minutes of a match.

I feel or the guy as he''s clearly made a bad career move coming to Norwich and I wish we were in a position where we could give him a few minutes on the pitch out of sentiment!

is it just me or have a load of ncfc fans got short memorys lappin is awfull ,treated harshly yes but a inept excuse of a player who got outrun by an overweight scouser in lee trundle and made to look like the scottish 1st div player im afraid he is,all that and 8k a week who said it was a bad career move for him he will never earn that money again anywhere EVER