Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

huckerby.

i just wanted peoples thoughts on this .

im sure hucks is out of contract in the summer , would you have him back ?

would he still cut it in the championship ?

would he come back if we we were in leauge 1 ?

thoughts ??

If he is out of contact in the summer i personally wouldn''t forgive the club if they didn''t take up the opportunity to bring him back.

[quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

Yes.

Yes.

Hopefully.

Huckerby signed an 18 month contract at San Jose so will not be out of contract until the end of 2009. He/they then have the option of a further two years. As much as I still miss him, think we really have to give up on this now.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I''d love it. But on the other, I don''t think he''ll be nearly the same player he was in his previous stint with us and also I think people may get on his back after a while when he''s not playing like an immortal every week. Besides, I think he''d rather see out his career in the MLS from now on.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]

Huckerby signed an 18 month contract at San Jose so will not be out of contract until the end of 2009. He/they then have the option of a further two years. As much as I still miss him, think we really have to give up on this now.

[/quote]

i thought that too.

i cant see why he wouldnt want to come back anyway, american leagues are appauling, the grounds are appauling.

he might aswell bring a few of his team mates over if there any good !!

Would love to see him come back in some kind of player coach role as think his impact around colney could be massive on the youngsters who worship him as much as we do.

He does have the option to stay in the MLS after 2009 but get the impression from what he has said that he would love to come back if the right offer was on the table (are his family still living in Norwich?)

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

Yes.

Yes.

Hopefully.

[/quote]

why

why

why

One thing, I''d bet my house on is that if we''d still had him we wouldn''t be in anywhere near as big a mess as we are now.Whilst I''m not saying we''d be going for promotion or anything grand I honestly think he would have set up at least 7 more goals than we have scored this season and he would have pitched in with at least 7 or 8 himself all of which would have us sitting in mid to lower mid table mediocrity far away from the relegation scrap we are in now.You can''t thank that arrogant tw@t Roeder for that too.

Gunn tryed to get him back but Hucks turned it down cause he wasn''t confident he would any difference cause he was a part of the team in the previous 2 seasons that struggled!

I''d disagree with Hucks on that one cause after Earnie got injured halfway through the 2006/07 season Hucks'' goals kept us up and saved us from an embarrassing FA Cup exit to then League 1 Blackpool!

Hucks spent much of last season not fuly fit and then got messed about by Roedernowhere who played him out of position and dropped im for loanees no marks like Gibbs and Henry. Despite this he was still our most potent attacking threat!

Hucks would definately of improved our squad this season!

I''d love to see him back but whether it''ll happen I wouldn''t bet on it!

Huckerby is yesterday''s hero.

We need to move forwards, and find new heroes.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]One thing, I''d bet my house on is that if we''d still had him we wouldn''t be in anywhere near as big a mess as we are now.

Whilst I''m not saying we''d be going for promotion or anything grand I honestly think he would have set up at least 7 more goals than we have scored this season and he would have pitched in with at least 7 or 8 himself all of which would have us sitting in mid to lower mid table mediocrity far away from the relegation scrap we are in now.

You can''t thank that arrogant tw@t Roeder for that too.
[/quote]

Hucks was playing for us last season so just remind me again. Where did we finish and were we in a relegation battle for most of that season too?

He''s moved on it''s time some on  here did too. His best days are over. So just cherish the memories.

[quote user="singing canary"]

i just wanted peoples thoughts on this .

thoughts ??

[/quote]YES

YES

??????? hopefully

[quote user="AndyJR"]Ironically, I doubt whether we could afford him.  Thanks Glenn.
[/quote]i dont think he is on mega wages in america so we shoud be able to afford him...cant see him coming back tho [:(]

As much as I love Huckerby, and no doubt I would love him back here; but I''m kinda against the idea.There''s no doubt his best years are behind him, and despite him setting the MLS alight, it''s hardly the Championship is it?I think he''d be more of a glorified liability now than he was in the past. No doubt Drury worked double-time with Hucks infront of him to cover ground, and albeit in his latter days he did operate more as a left winger and defend - Rooney style. But I think we look a lot better balanced, and again, no doubt he would have improved our squad, and no doubt we would have scored more goals etc. etc. But things change, and Hoolahan is just coming out of his shell. I think we can expect a lot more from this lad if we stay up and keep hold of him!

ummm funny i thought , yesterday wonder if he would come back .

seems funny everything hes saying is we need too . we should .

it really wouldnt surprise me , if he came back what so ever .

i agree with his thoughts on loan players 100 percent

we need norwich players , not someone elses

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Gunn tryed to get him back but Hucks turned it down cause he wasn''t confident he would any difference cause he was a part of the team in the previous 2 seasons that struggled!

I''d disagree with Hucks on that one cause after Earnie got injured halfway through the 2006/07 season Hucks'' goals kept us up and saved us from an embarrassing FA Cup exit to then League 1 Blackpool!

Hucks spent much of last season not fuly fit and then got messed about by Roedernowhere who played him out of position and dropped im for loanees no marks like Gibbs and Henry. Despite this he was still our most potent attacking threat!

Hucks would definately of improved our squad this season!

I''d love to see him back but whether it''ll happen I wouldn''t bet on it!

[/quote]

Hucks turned it down because he said he would honour his contract with SJ. Not, the reason you''re imagining.