Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

BBTB (Bring Back The Barclay) Campaign

Hi again everyone. I am currently collating information and ideas to put forward to NCISA for a discussion on this subject. If anyone has anything to say, either for or against, could you please email me (my PM doesn''t work for some reason). I am not saying NCISA will campaign for this yet, but if I am able to present enough positive support we may be able to take it to the next level and open some dialogue with the club itself and other bodies with an interest. Thanks in advance.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

Ok so I''m just one sad old git who gets watery eyed when I think of the great times and great people I met standing on the terraces at carrow road. I would be very interested to see if anyone else would be interested in getting limited standing areas back at carrow road either in terms of buying season tickets or indeed raising funds for any development work that would be neccesary.

If its just me I will go back into the hole I crawled out of and shut up.

I think that if enough people were interested we could lobby the club and perhaps even get quotes as to how much the changes would cost to implement and see if we could make it happen.

I understand the days of huge standing areas are behind us but a limited standing area say at the front of the Barclay should not be that expensive and could probably be built to accomadate seating should it be required in future.

If we lowered the floor area at the front of the barclay and removed the first few rows of seats to accomodate maybe 1-2000 people I see no reason it would not be viable and also cost effective for the club. if succesful this could be repeated at the front of the River end.

Perhaps a fund for the development work in conjunction with a 5 year season ticket bond would be enough to convince the club to support it.

I wuld happily sign up to 3 season tickets for the next five years at the same price I am paying now if I could stand. 

This sort of area with strictly limited numbers safety would not be an issue.

Anybody prepared to try to get this bandwagon rolling in terms of season tickets or donations ?

As I said I''ll have 3 season tickets for the next 5 years and throw £1000 into the pot to get started.

[/quote]

Not this again!!![|-)]