Sign in to follow this  
we beat munich in munich

back to the board again

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

This has probably been the most pointless debate i`ve ever had on here.  You labelled my use of an accurate figure of £20m in player sales since relegation "irrelevant" because i hadn`t spent time i didn`t have going in-depth into all the other related figures, when i`ve already done that dozens of times.  By that logic then any figure stated in isolation such as the ones i mention above must also be irrelevant, so i expect to see you on other threads harangueing people for posting figures in isolation without a full explanatory breakdown.

Because you couldn`t find any fault with the statement i had posted, you decided to find fault with what i HADN`T posted instead.  What a pointless waste of time.

[/quote]If you had stated that:"When a club does it having earned £34m over 3 seasons, made 16m profit on

player sales, sold land for £6.2m, had a £1.5m loan written off and received

a £1.1m down-payment for the hotel venture, you have to question just

where their priorities lie."On page one, then I would have had no problem with it.  How hard would that have been?The sentance:"When a club does it having parachute payments and major income from off the field activities, you have to question just

where their priorities lie."Would also have been acceptable.As would:"When a club does it having earned £34m over 3 seasons, sold land for £6.2m, had a £1.5m loan written off and received

a £1.1m down-payment for the hotel venture, you have to question just

where their priorities lie."The point is:  Your argument came with figures to support it.   They were quite impressive figures, but not actually the ones most suportive of your argument.  In one case the figure did nothing except muddy the waters. If you want to use figures for your arguments, use them properly, use the relevant ones and treat them with respect. If you don''t I will challenge you on it.  If other people do this repeatedly, I will do the same thing.  Particularly on the isolation thing: Some figures stand in isolation, such as: attendance, TV income, investment for other sources, net profits.  Others have closely connected incomes/outgoings and should be paired with these.  If I started throwing the £3.6m income from catering about, like it ment something, without the associated £3m costs it would be just as wrong.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]That`s an awful lot of words and effort to make a very small and insignificant point 7rew.[/quote]

Given your long, laborious and ongoing saga over the past few years focused almost entirely on this one subject I''d have to honestly say, Mr. Carrow, you certainly must have written those words with your tongue glued firmly in your cheek.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]That`s an awful lot of words and effort to make a very small and insignificant point 7rew.[/quote]

Given your long, laborious and ongoing saga over the past few years focused almost entirely on this one subject I''d have to honestly say, Mr. Carrow, you certainly must have written those words with your tongue glued firmly in your cheek.

[/quote]

Be interesting to know where your proboscis is adhered to..... "Goddam! Why can I always smell nuts?"

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]That`s an awful lot of words and effort to make a very small and insignificant point 7rew.[/quote]That is where our opinions differ.  I do not consider it insignificant (as should be obvious).  Nor do I consider the total of these "very small" points to remain "very small" after reptition.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Be interesting to know where your proboscis is adhered to..... "Goddam! Why can I always smell nuts?"

[/quote]

I understand the proboscis monkey of Borneo uses its long nose to pick up and digest free biscuits that are strewn around for their pleasure. Any relation Mello?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I understand the proboscis monkey of Borneo uses its long nose to pick up and digest free biscuits that are strewn around for their pleasure. Any relation Mello?

[/quote]

No, I''m a Rhino, and my name is Neil......< Rhino Neil.....                                                                                           And I once had a relationship with Ali Macgraw < Me and Ali....

Now then 7rew, Mr Carrow, and all assembled, I''m worried that you might have peaked a little early.  As fascinating as this all is, I do wonder if we''re going to make this thread last 20 pages, as nearly everything that could be said about this, has in fact, been covered.  I mean, mellos'' resorting to pictures off of Stephen Frys'' twitter page for gods sake !  7rew, Mr C, you two are in extreme danger of agreeing with each other.  Now what we need is for someone to come in with an inane retort, maybe describing someone as a farmyard animal, or the kisser of somebodys'' butt.  The recipient of the remark should then take great offence and suggest that the offender is a girl sitting behind a keyboard with a plain name, or perhaps not a true fan.  The outrage and scorn generated by all this should provide enough material for all concerned to have a jolly good vent on the whole issue, and then we should finally be able to drag this beast over the 20 page mark.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Now then 7rew, Mr Carrow, and all assembled, I''m worried that you might have peaked a little early.  As fascinating as this all is, I do wonder if we''re going to make this thread last 20 pages, as nearly everything that could be said about this, has in fact, been covered.  I mean, mellos'' resorting to pictures off of Stephen Frys'' twitter page for gods sake !  7rew, Mr C, you two are in extreme danger of agreeing with each other.  Now what we need is for someone to come in with an inane retort, maybe describing someone as a farmyard animal, or the kisser of somebodys'' butt.  The recipient of the remark should then take great offence and suggest that the offender is a girl sitting behind a keyboard with a plain name, or perhaps not a true fan.  The outrage and scorn generated by all this should provide enough material for all concerned to have a jolly good vent on the whole issue, and then we should finally be able to drag this beast over the 20 page mark.

[/quote]

You''ve been here before haven''t you Bla[:)]