Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

YELLOW NETS

Is there some sort of regulation which restricts us from having yellow nets on the goal like days of old?

Just something that came across my mind at the game tonight.

Would love to see them back someday.

Yes, unfortunately there''s an EU Directive banning the use of yellow nets as hypothetically they''re deemed a risk to passing birds of prey which can''t see yellow well and may fly into them.

Political correctness gone mad!

[quote user="Grando"]Yes, unfortunately there''s an EU Directive banning the use of yellow nets as hypothetically they''re deemed a risk to passing birds of prey which can''t see yellow well and may fly into them.

Political correctness gone mad![/quote]really?f*ck me that is stupid.

[quote user="Grando"]Yes, unfortunately there''s an EU Directive banning the use of yellow nets as hypothetically they''re deemed a risk to passing birds of prey which can''t see yellow well and may fly into them.

Political correctness gone mad![/quote]Could be a good way to inject some money into the club!

There are not any restrictions on net colours although there is a wonderfully bureaucratic document from the FA on net fixing and "the erections of goals". [:|]

In the 2006 World Cup there was at least one bi-colour (blue and white) and one Green, probably others I did not notice.

You want yellow 24x8?  £235 plus Vat for a pair.

Makes balancing a very heavy wooden crossbar on my shoulder and subsequently trying to hook the ribbons of a net around vicious hooks (now completely banned) seem like a thing of the past.  How did we survive?

Bloke in suit turns up.   "Let me give you a hand."

Bloke in suit jumps up and gets the net round the top hook on his side.

Bloke in suit: "Are you the Manager?"

"No, I''m the Secretary."

Bloke in suit extends hand: "I''m your ref.  It''s my first game in this league."

[:|]

[quote user="Grando"]Yes, unfortunately there''s an EU Directive banning the use of yellow nets as hypothetically they''re deemed a risk to passing birds of prey which can''t see yellow well and may fly into them. Political correctness gone mad![/quote]

An eagle is a good score in golf. It should be irrelevant if it enters the net in football.

I did ask if we could have them back, as promised, at the meeting between the supporters groups and the Board last week.As well as a few giggles David McNally did ask someone to make a note of it![;)]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I believe we were asked to change to white nets when the yellow November - February ball rule was introduced.[/quote]

No conditions for white nets with a white ball the rest of the year though....