Sign in to follow this  
Irish canary

Shackell!

Funny how fast people''s opinion of Shackell has changed in the space of two games, he has got nothing but stick before, and now seems to be getting a bit of praise!  I''m glad he is back because I think he is more reliable than what we have and done alright for us in the past. Wondering do most people on here feel similar or would they rather see the back of him!??

I have always rated him, prone to mistakes but makes up for it with odd headed goal (also nearly scored on saturday)I hope we can get him back for free or a small fee but no doubt wolves would want the money they paid for him back

Never been completely convinced by him when we owned him, not always been strong enough.

However, I think he''s done well the last couple of home games and by all accounts he was superb last night.

Maybe going to Wolves took him out of his comfort zone and he''s come back a strong defender for it.

[quote user="IBA"]He''s terrible. He has less positional sense than Drury

[/quote]Stupid comment. You''ve not seen him play in the last 2 matches then? He''s been absolutely superb!! Real gutsy performances! Even though he''s only on loan, he was bossing everyone about, where they should be, at every corner and freekick! This is what Fothingham was supposed to be doing!

Keep it up Shackell and i''d welcome you back any day!!

His passing was the real problem, but he seems to done something about it! looks good since he returned.

Lets not be misled by a couple of good performances, he isnt a natural footballer by any stretch.  However at present we are in dire straights and we need performances and I dock my cap to him for helping us out of a hole.

A loan is probably right for us if we have any ambition in the long run.

He is still inconsistent but his last two games have shown just what he can achieve if he focus''

If he can be like that for the rest of the season then we have a chance :-)

However I remember the last relegation battle he joined at the end of the season [:|]

[quote user="colneycanary"]

[quote user="IBA"]He''s terrible. He has less positional sense than Drury

[/quote]Stupid comment. You''ve not seen him play in the last 2 matches then? He''s been absolutely superb!! Real gutsy performances! Even though he''s only on loan, he was bossing everyone about, where they should be, at every corner and freekick! This is what Fothingham was supposed to be doing!

Keep it up Shackell and i''d welcome you back any day!!

[/quote]yeah - great to see - players taking responsibility - the teams lacks leaders on the pitch - and is shax is organising and its working - then fair play to him...nice to see a clean sheet for a change...

Shackell was amasing yesterday at QPR - he was a rock at the heart of the defence - won every header and was very composed on the ball - he was back the old Jason we used to know in the his early days - if he keeps up that kind of performance we should so everything in our power to get him back to the club permanently - if we stay up and Wolves move up I think we will have a pretty good chance of resigning him - his commitment was fantastic last night! well done Jason.

Must say on the evidence of his performances since he came back he looks a much improved player and he''s given us a bit of real strength and presence in there that we were lacking with Grounds.

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]Shackell was amasing yesterday at QPR - he was a rock at the heart of the defence - won every header and was very composed on the ball - he was back the old Jason we used to know in the his early days - if he keeps up that kind of performance we should so everything in our power to get him back to the club permanently - if we stay up and Wolves move up I think we will have a pretty good chance of resigning him - his commitment was fantastic last night! well done Jason.
[/quote]

I did''nt go to QPR but from all accounts your comments are spot on. The boy Shacks lost his way after those early, impressive performances at the back end of the Premiership season. I have always backed him and mainatined there was a decent player and (probably more importantly) a real leader in there waiting to be nurtured. IF we stay up and can resign him, then MAYBE we could develop him into the new Malky that we have been missing since 2004. Shacks is a basic stopper, so was Malky.  

Thee was so much rubbish written about him when he was sold with comments such as...''worst player ever to play for City'' etc. and that was one of the more polite views! Tell you what, if we have to get something at Charlton we will need TOTAL commitment, none of this nancying around that we got from certain players at Fulham. Shacks will give everything for us and we will need 11 like that in that scenario!    

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]Shackell was amasing yesterday at QPR - he was a rock at the heart of the defence - won every header and was very composed on the ball - he was back the old Jason we used to know in the his early days - if he keeps up that kind of performance we should so everything in our power to get him back to the club permanently - if we stay up and Wolves move up I think we will have a pretty good chance of resigning him - his commitment was fantastic last night! well done Jason.[/quote]

I did''nt go to QPR but from all accounts your comments are spot on. The boy Shacks lost his way after those early, impressive performances at the back end of the Premiership season. I have always backed him and mainatined there was a decent player and (probably more importantly) a real leader in there waiting to be nurtured. IF we stay up and can resign him, then MAYBE we could develop him into the new Malky that we have been missing since 2004. Shacks is a basic stopper, so was Malky.  

Thee was so much rubbish written about him when he was sold with comments such as...''worst player ever to play for City'' etc. and that was one of the more polite views! Tell you what, if we have to get something at Charlton we will need TOTAL commitment, none of this nancying around that we got from certain players at Fulham. Shacks will give everything for us and we will need 11 like that in that scenario!    

[/quote]agreed - and after he got booed by the carra rd numpties when returning with wolves - its a good job he didn''t hold it against us---when purse and then the stoke lad gave us the finger in the jan window - shax answered the yella and green call for help...and imo - that makes him a NCFC legend (but only if we stay up - lol)...he could have snubbed us and stayed at home on a sat afternoon...instead he''s playing out of his skin and helping to rally and dispirited city defence///

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]Shackell was amasing yesterday at QPR - he was a rock at the heart of the defence - won every header and was very composed on the ball - he was back the old Jason we used to know in the his early days - if he keeps up that kind of performance we should so everything in our power to get him back to the club permanently - if we stay up and Wolves move up I think we will have a pretty good chance of resigning him - his commitment was fantastic last night! well done Jason.
[/quote]

[/quote]

agreed - and after he got booed by the carra rd numpties when returning with wolves - its a good job he didn''t hold it against us---when purse and then the stoke lad gave us the finger in the jan window - shax answered the yella and green call for help...and imo - that makes him a NCFC legend (but only if we stay up - lol)...he could have snubbed us and stayed at home on a sat afternoon...instead he''s playing out of his skin and helping to rally and dispirited city defence///[/quote]

Totally forgot that LGT!

I just hope that Shacks performance last night was not a ''one off'' and that he can drive us to safety. Would be a huge rebuttal to the numpties (as you so rightly call them). I was furious at the reaction he got that night considering we flogged him off to raise money to try and pay off the some debts this comedy of a Board have accumulated! The boy had not put in a transfer request and never once bad mouthed the club or fans.

Never going to be a pretty player but he first job is as a stopper which he is very good at!

We''ve seen this year Stefanovic and Kennedy that the grass isn''t greener!

People who say Shackell is cr*p are very blinkered indeed - probably the same ones that said that Keiron Gibbs was good just cause he came from Arsenal!

Astute move bringing him back for the battle against relegation cause Shacks apart from being a good stopper, will fight till the death and put himself in where it hurts!