Sign in to follow this  
Jonnyboy

Jonathan Grounds

Just want to repeat what is being said across all the forums today and thanks Jonathan for his efforts and more so for his 3 goal contribution in 2009!

Is there no way of getting him back on a new loan deal?? I understand that we can''t extend his loan deal but surely if we''re able to loan someone new can''t we just put a new loan deal in for JG?

We cannot possibly get him back here, unless we sign him in the summer I''m afraid - he will be sorely missed.He works hard, has a brilliant attitude and has improved in every game that he has played.If he continues as he is, he will have a very promising career in the Premier League imo. He has enough talent and promise to be a regular at ''Boro, and after last night it wouldn''t surprise me if changes are to be made, and in fairness I don''t think Grounds is too far away from being involved in that.Likewise, thanks for everything you''ve done! Your 3 goals and solid performances have done more than Cureton has in the whole of this season!

Although he has had his wobbly moments at left-back, I would much rather seem him there than Bertrand or Drury.

Good luck to the guy, and hope he gets a chance to help salvage Boro''s season.

[quote user="JJ"]

Although he has had his wobbly moments at left-back, I would much rather seem him there than Bertrand or Drury.

[/quote]

i agree, it gives us another 6ft+ player in the side as well, was certainly crucial at QPR on tuesday when we came under heavy pressure from set pieces etc

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="JJ"]

[/quote]

i agree, it gives us another 6ft+ player in the side as well, was certainly crucial at QPR on tuesday when we came under heavy pressure from set pieces etc

[/quote]

Yes.  That''s something we have sorely missed and the fact he can double up as a centre back is crucial as well.

Nothing against Drury or Bertrand by the way - they''ve been good players previously but have lost their way with form and injury.  I just think Grounds is slightly better.  He''ll probably have a stinker on Saturday now I''ve talked him up! [:#]