Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

How good was the win at QPR

Honest question as i was not there.From the reports it sounds as if it was mainly abacks to the wall display albeit we could have had apenalty as well. Much appreciated though the points were and i was pleasantly surprised did the performance represent aturn around or did we eventually get lucky ?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Honest question as i was not there.From the reports it sounds as if it was mainly abacks to the wall display albeit we could have had apenalty as well. Much appreciated though the points were and i was pleasantly surprised did the performance represent aturn around or did we eventually get lucky ?[/quote]

Its a win so its fantastic.  Performances dont count at this stage and a series of lucky 1-0 will be good

with the exception that it may give the impression that the current manager is right for the future. 

Performance wise it was not the best and we were lucky to take all 3 points to tell the truth, however the amount of games we have had this season where we have battered teams and come away with nothing mean this type of result is long overdue.

I would agree that results are all that matter particularly for us now. I do think the performance is important as it does indicate the future, luck does not useually last for long but performances do

many times, this season i have said at games:they have been crap, but we have been worse.v QPR it was the opposite, QPR had at least 6 easy opportunities to score in the 1st half, but, they failed to score.we will need to keep improving to get anywhere though.

At this stage you just need to grab as many points as you can, no matter how you get them (look at Hull last night!).A win is very pleasing, as long as we defend well and get a lucky chance each match, I''ll be very happy!

my boss is a season ticket holder at qpr and he said he was inpressed with, bertrand, hoolahoop, shackell, and crofty......he said we did enough to deserve the win

Of course we did enough to win the game. QPR did enough to win the game too. It was a typical Championship game that could have gone either way but we came out on top for a change. There''s not much in most games and we are where we are because we have given away too many goals through stupid mistakes and not scored enough through missed chances. Add to that the ridiculous amount of penalty decisions given against us but not for us (this carried on on Tuesday) and we have this mountain to climb. We need  to cut out the mistakes and take the chances when they come and a change of luck!

Gunn did the obvious and right thing by dropping the ineffective Cureton and Fotheringham!

The 4 4 1 1 formation was very defensive minded but it worked!

All the players played out of their skins. They looked like they finally realised the dire situation we''re and wanted to do something about it!

We got lucky early on with some woeful QPR finishing but in the end our excellent defensive display completely wore QPR down and they looked unlikely to score near the end!

If we can maintain the commitment, desire and togetherness shown at Loftus Road in our remaining games we CAN definately avoid the drop!