Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Windass is free!

He just walked out on his loan spell with Oldham.

But it looks like he is particularly allergic to the bench these days. As the Welsh poet Dylan Thomas would have it I suppose Deano is now raging, raging ''against the dying of the light''

Better avoided now I suppose, but I do think that he would be an immense impact player from that darned bench in our run in.

Mais, c''est la vie je suppose.....................

OTBC

lol every season for the past 20 years he''s been linked with us one way or another. Lets not have him now!

If there was ever a player who had such a profound influence on NCFC''s fortunes without actually playing for them, it''s old Windy Arse! The odds are that Martin O''Neill would not have left City if he had been allowed to sign him - then who knows how things would have panned out?

[quote user="JimRoyle"]If there was ever a player who had such a profound influence on NCFC''s fortunes without actually playing for them, it''s old Windy Arse! The odds are that Martin O''Neill would not have left City if he had been allowed to sign him - then who knows how things would have panned out?
[/quote]

We would have just lost 2-0 away to Man City.

...his post match interveiw would have read:

Norwich City boss Martin O''Neill:
"We didn''t play well enough in the first half. We just did not get to grips with the game early on.

"We came out with determination and we had plenty of the ball in the second half. We were camped around their area but we couldn''t break through.

"It is disappointing but we are still in the fight. It has been a bad few days - but that cannot be helped now."

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

lol every season for the past 20 years he''s been linked with us one way or another. Lets not have him now!

[/quote]Carl Cort got a lot of name checks at one point and he''s turned out OK! Worth a punt I say

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

But it looks like he is particularly allergic to the bench these days. As the Welsh poet Dylan Thomas would have it I suppose Deano is now raging, raging ''against the dying of the light''

Better avoided now I suppose, but I do think that he would be an immense impact player from that darned bench in our run in.

OTBC

[/quote]

Yes, just like Huckerby would have been ...............chorus "Move on, move on, get over it ......"

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]A decade too late. If he cannot make the Oldham side then it speaks volumes.Another one that got away[/quote]

Completely agree

Windass wouldn''t be able to cope for a full season!

But im sure Deano could play the remaining 10-12 Matches and possibly pop-up with 4 or 5 vital goals!

Short-Term he would be good signing!

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

OTBC[/quote]

Yes, just like Huckerby would have been ...............chorus "Move on, move on, get over it ......"

[/quote]

?

Scratches head.

Scratches head again.

OTBC

Given the choice I''d rather get Dublin out of retirement for a couple of games instead of bringing in Windass. He did well for Hull last year but he''s barely featured for them this season and he''s basically done nothing with Oldham. I don''t even think he''d be much of an impact player for us now either.

[quote user="JimRoyle"]He might be ok if we need emergency goalkeeping cover after his heroics at Leicester the other week! [:D]
[/quote]

He''s still good for half an hour.  He''s very fit.  Problem is he was loaned to Oldham for the season so he can''t play for anyone else and he can''t go back to Hull and play.  He has taken his case to the Oldham Chairman but it looks a "difficult" situation to me.

On the one hand it''s football but I do feel a bit sorry for him because he turned down three offers from Championship clubs to go to them to do what he says was a favour to someone at the club.  I do think putting him on with two minutes to go is taking the pee a little bit.