Sign in to follow this  
he

Mark Fotheringham out on loan?

I don''t get this, why is Mark Fotheringham, the Club Captain, on his way out on loan? I''m no big fan of the player, but to loan out the Club Captain sounds strange to me. He has been an ever present since Bryan Gunn became Manager until last game away at QPR.

Is it because he angrily left the pitch against Coventry when he was substituted?

I think there''s more to it than just leaving the pitch angrily. Something has to have been said that has left the manager with no alternative but to loan him out. Maybe Fozzy said something to the manager infront of the other players that has left Gunn with no alternative but to make some sort of an example of him. It''s also pretty obvious that when he plays the fans focus negatively on him rather than getting behind the team.

[quote user="helsein"]

I don''t get this, why is Mark Fotheringham, the Club Captain, on his way out on loan? I''m no big fan of the player, but to loan out the Club Captain sounds strange to me. He has been an ever present since Bryan Gunn became Manager until last game away at QPR.

Is it because he angrily left the pitch against Coventry when he was substituted?

[/quote]because he is sh ite..the sooner he goes the better

Probably something like that. I have never heard of a club to loan out their Captain, but I don''t understand why Preston should want him since he''s not better than Preston''s own players.

I suspect that Mr Crook may have had a part to play and that Mr F is probably leaving under a little known section of  the Can''tBeArsed Act.  As well as Mr Gunn expressing his "disappointment" with Mr F I believe Mr Crook may have expressed his disappointment as well and possibly in a less measured manner.

Whether there was any discussion about the role of midfielders is only speculation although, of course, it is an area of the pitch that Mr Crook knows quite well.

[:|]

You have to respect their decision really, he is a ''''journey man'''' at best, and if he has no heart for the club and the situation we are in, then he can bloody well bugger off to Preston!

[quote user="helsein"]

[/quote]hi hels...as usual the ''gunny disappointed in fotheringham'' headline is probably the biggest clue we will get that all wasn''t well on the good ship canary after the coventry match...sure - - - fozzy stormed down the tunnel - but most likely a bust up occured afterwards that was so severe it propelled fozzy clean out of the club and never to return...thats life///but it seemed to work - as city bounced back last night and played with fight and determination...good qualities in a relegation battle,,,[:D]

[quote user="helsein"]

[/quote]

He is a pathetic, pathetic player. Sometimes I cannot understand how some people became professional football players. I sincerely hope he never comes back to Norwich.

[quote user="helsein"]

Probably something like that. I have never heard of a club to loan out their Captain, but I don''t understand why Preston should want him since he''s not better than Preston''s own players.

[/quote]

For a start Fotheringham should never of been captain as he isn''t good enough!

But yes I do agree about it being odd that Preston want him cause he doesn''t seem good enough, but still lets not complain!

I hope he has said something to Gunn in front of the players and i therefore hope that that is the reason for the players feeling galvinised which has resulted in the win last night and i hope that a new togetherness will now be found by the players that will result in a nice run of wins to see us safe...................................................................i hope!!!

Aside from that, he is crap, he wasn''t worthy of a first team slot but due to being captain i think a little more time was afforded his way to turn his form around. it hasn''t happened and he''s still crap so if that means we get his wages (likely to be one of the higher earners) of the wage bill and get a samll loan fee then bring it on and get him out, he''d only leave in the summer for nowt anyway!

CambsCanary 

Perhaps Fotheringham feels that Preston can match his ambition, and Irvine believes he needs a top midfielder.  The good news for us is that at long last someone on our management side has seen that he is nothing more than a mediocre midfielder.  Hopefully we have enough games to salvage enough points to stay up.

maybe its a result of the clear the air chat the team had after the coventry game ?  maybe someone stood up and said we`ll never win a another game whilst that berk is captain ? also is it a coincidence how carl cort is saying in the press we need to stop fannying around with pretty football and start winning ugly  and  the very next game we have an ian dowie of a win at QPR.. wonder if big carl put over some forthright veiws during the meeting ?  [:D]

For all I know there may have been a clear the air chat with the team after Coventry but we think Fozzy is on his way because of a spectacular personal interview with Mr Crook in which Mr C touched upon Mr F''s level of committment to Norwich City including on the training field.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

For all I know there may have been a clear the air chat with the team after Coventry but we think Fozzy is on his way because of a spectacular personal interview with Mr Crook in which Mr C touched upon Mr F''s level of committment to Norwich City including on the training field.

[/quote]This must be the first ''potential'' story to come out of Colney for quite some time.

Well then, well done Mr C.

Wasn''t F some kind of drifter hawking himself around Europe with an inflated ego before Peter Grant thought he saw somethingamajig in his fellow Scot?

Dear oh dear. Oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Well then, well done Mr C.

Wasn''t F some kind of drifter hawking himself around Europe with an inflated ego before Peter Grant thought he saw somethingamajig in his fellow Scot?

Dear oh dear. Oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Must admit I won''t miss his bad passing and  giving  the ball away more often than not, and where the hell was that Fozzy flick Grant spoke so much about, Three cheers to Gunny hip ip hooray 

[/quote]Thanks for the info Cam. Interesting description, "spectacular"!And row, there are lots of idiots on this board but I don''t think helsein has done much to be worthy of the name. Chill - we all want the same thing at the end of the day.

[/quote]

So......... pure speculation then.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[/quote]

Why don''t you just type "I don''t like Camuldonum cos he ain''t from round these ''ere parts and isn''t a proper Norwich fan therefore has no right to post on this board" rather than just bitching on like a great wet jessie?

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[/quote]

Why don''t you just type "I don''t like Camuldonum cos he ain''t from round these ''ere parts and isn''t a proper Norwich fan therefore has no right to post on this board" rather than just bitching on like a great wet jessie?

[/quote]

Ha ha ! Why don''t you calm down Mook ? I am humbly sorry if my observation that good old Cam''s contribution brought nothing new to the table caused you hypertension. We all realise something happened behind closed doors between Fotheringham and one or all of the management team so Cam''s attempt to imply some sort of priviliged information is ............. an attempt to imply access to some sort of priviliged information. A bit like that so called off the record Roeder quote about Cureton the other day. You might be taken in by all of that stuffed up, pompous, more knowledgeable than thou nonsense from a Colchester United supporter who seems to spend an unhealthy amount of time on here but I''m not. Now Mook, having read this, keep calm and breathe in and out deeply for upto 30 seconds. That may prevent you from exploding with indignation that I dare to be unimpressed by good old Cam.

[quote user="missing in action"]how old is he?
can we command a fee for him?
[/quote]

Cant command a fee for him, as the transfer window (to buy or sell) closed at end of January.

And by the time the transfer window reopens Fozzy will be out of contract, and out of here.........

[quote user="djc"]

[quote user="missing in action"]how old is he?can we command a fee for him?[/quote]

Cant command a fee for him, as the transfer window (to buy or sell) closed at end of January.

And by the time the transfer window reopens Fozzy will be out of contract, and out of here.........

[/quote]i thought there was an age clause?mind you, it might apply to home grown players.