Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

Has this gone unnoticed or have I missed it on another thread?

At the bottom of the meeting write up reportMr Gunn said: “Due to the financial situation some of the flights for

long distance games have been cancelled but the players asked to buy

their own tickets to Blackpool - that shows the commitment of the

players. I took that as a positive sign that the players are looking at

the situation and trying to the right thing to get the right result.”
Flippin'' hell that''s making me think that this ''nowhere near administration'' is utter BS.  Thinking about we need every point possible,  logically the team needs to stay fresh and relaxed as possible.  So pulling the flights,  seems really odd to me.  I know the players have chipped in themselves but that''s not the point.

I thought flying to matches within the UK was a rarity anyway. I can understand the logic of flying to Plymouth as that would be a somewhat arduous journey by road, but that is the only one I can think of where it would be preferable to fly. Surely Blackpool is not such a long trip that it is necessary to fly there? What about the club''s carbon footprint?

This is covered in the fans forum thread at the top of the page [:)]

Don''t blame them not wanting to sit in a coach for 5 hours when they could fly in 45 mins plus they''re paying for their cheap easy jet flights so it wont cost us a penny.

[quote user="cityangel"]

This is covered in the fans forum thread at the top of the page [:)]

Don''t blame them not wanting to sit in a coach for 5 hours when they could fly in 45 mins plus they''re paying for their cheap easy jet flights so it wont cost us a penny.

[/quote]

There could be another reason why they like to fly.

Perhaps some of ''em are such c*ap players that they lose a weeks wages gambling when they''re on long coach trips.

( Card players that is.....what else could I have meant ? )

[quote user="barclayboy1902"]its no big deal the players buying there own tickets,i pay my own way to get to work aswell[/quote]

Yes [Y] Spot on!

BTW Can anyone explain to me what this carbon footprint is all about.

I have requested this information from government departments and that could it be explained so that it makes sense. Absolutely no joy. I am sure these civil servants who reply don''t believe the tosh they are spouting either.

I implore any of you, just ignore the rantings of certain sectors of the media and try and work out what they are telling us.

Sorry, now taking soapbox home. Bye

How much carbon you use in your life. Things like driving, using planes etc!

The greenies are trying to get us to run or cycle everywhere, but surely loads of people opting to fly rather than drive is better than them all driving in seperate cars!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

How much carbon you use in your life. Things like driving, using planes etc!

The greenies are trying to get us to run or cycle everywhere, but surely loads of people opting to fly rather than drive is better than them all driving in seperate cars!

[/quote]

There is no carbon footprint.  It is a scam dreamed up by environmental-cases.  If there really was one, Al "the climate whore" Gore would not be flying from "let''s stop global warming" speech to speech in his own personal jet, now would he.