Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Most famous Football you have ever met?

I really did bump into Trevor Putney once in Asda.  It was when he was still playing, I must have been 7 or 8.  Legend.

Plus I also attended a Bobby Charlton Football School once.

George Best.  I was about 7 at the time & we were on holiday in Majorca when my Dad spotted him playing tennis at our hotel with his then missus (the ex Swedish Miss World).   To this day I''m sure it was the Miss World that my Dad spotted first and only happened to notice George a bit later...He came over to speak to us & I got a kiss off a Miss World too!!!!! [:D]

Met Dion in London when he played for Aston Villa, must have spent 15 minutes talking- he was with Aston Villa team and got me a whole load of autographs at the time -made my day!

Top bloke!

Have not really met anyone recently but i remember when i was 8 or 9 i was a mascot at norwich vs huddersfield and me my bro dad n mum walked in the dressing room before the match and Bryan Gunn was just stood naked right next too the door.... i also tackled keith o''neil and injured him in the warm up!

I''ve been lucky to meet a few, but my favourite was when a big jolly Geordie bloke scrawled his name over my programme in mucky black ink.  I couldn''t understand a word he said but he was a top man and not yet famous then.  Step forward Gazza!  [:D]

Met Vinny Jones at a publishing do once.  He was about as pleasant as some of his tackling. [:(]

[quote user="Fox in the Box"]

Have not really met anyone recently but i remember when i was 8 or 9 i was a mascot at norwich vs huddersfield and me my bro dad n mum walked in the dressing room before the match and Bryan Gunn was just stood naked right next too the door.... i also tackled keith o''neil and injured him in the warm up!

[/quote]

Didn''t take a lot to injure Keith O''Neill...

Peter mendham.............................................................................................

In the library with the lead piping!

Reminds me of the time we were in (believe it or not, Asda) and the Mrs said to me over the trolley, "That bloke keeps staring at my tits" and I looked round and it was Peter Mendham!

Met all the players in the early 70''s side as they used to come and train in the grounds of Duncan Hall School in Scratby. That includes the likes of Keelan, Forbes, Stringer, Foggo, Paddon, Bone et al.Also played alongside Martin Peters in a local Norwich league match when home for Christmas in the early 80''s.Played against John Fashanu when he was playing for Attleborough U18s. He was a winger at the time. Their side hammered us 26-0.

Lived next to Kevin Mcleod, seen Nigel Winterburn, Bryan Gunn, not anyhtin major.

OTBC!

Bumped into Dennis Compton (played for England both at Cricket & Football) on a plane to South Africa, the Legend that is Dion (top bloke), Plus Mark Barham & Hucks. Also Terry Paine 66 world cup winner.

I actually played Table Tennis against George Best in Mallorca in 1973 my mate that took the Photo only got a bit of me in picture as he was more interested in getting George''s missus at the time in the photo.

On another holiday when I was 8 I played soccer on the beach in Portugal with the Scottish Football Team, I still have a Photo with Bobby Moncur and Alan Gilzean.

Also played golf and cricket  with Spanish Canary''s Grandad. Who was in the squad for 1959 FA cup run, and he saved a Penalty from Bobby Charlton once. 

[quote user="Canary Wanderer"]

I actually played Table Tennis against George Best in Mallorca in 1973 my mate that took the Photo only got a bit of me in picture as he was more interested in getting George''s missus at the time in the photo.

On another holiday when I was 8 I played soccer on the beach in Portugal with the Scottish Football Team, I still have a Photo with Bobby Moncur and Alan Gilzean.

Also played golf and cricket  with Spanish Canary''s Grandad. Who was in the squad for 1959 FA cup run, and he saved a Penalty from Bobby Charlton once. 

[/quote]

On the way to Hexham races, we stopped on the outskirts of Newcastle to buy some petrol. On the next pump was Peter Beardsley (with a large BMW). Had a chat with him in the shop whilst waiting to pay. When we came out, he got into his car and drove into Matalan''s car park.

Malky McKay - in the Bank, had a good chat with him, total Gent.  Met Darren Eadie in the urinals many many years ago after he scored a goal from an amazing angle, he said on it ''don''t ask me to do it again''!!  Also met Iwan Robers and Paul McVeigh in the pub, the former bought me a drink and was talkative, the latter; frankly could''nt understand a word!!I will add Keith O''Neil who wasn''t very pleasant.

I once met Mark Templeman. He was a rock solid central midfielder for Dereham United Reserves and once made an appearance for the Cherry Tree Sunday team. A true gent who stood and talked to me like I was a true friend.

Best, Marsh, Pele, Beckenbauer and loads of others, whilst I was serving in the Navy back in the late 70''s. We had an exabition match in the States against an allstar US eleven then a good booze up in the bar !

Went to school with Chris Sutton.

Met Billy Bingham, Joe Parkinson, Mick Lyons and big Dave Watson last year at Goodison Park for a legends meal before Everton vs Birmingham. A mate''s 30th birthday gift

I spent a week looking after George Best in 2003. The brief was to keep him away from pubs. I failed...

The following year I met Michel Platini in a very nice seafood restaurant in Lisbon. He was dining with Gerard Houllier.

About 20 years ago I met Daryl Sutch at a party at a house outside Norwich.

Geoff Hurst at a conference. I also played against Martin Peters several times, as well as Alan Kennedy, David Fairclough  Phil Neal and David Seaman.

The entire promotion winning squad, minus Leon and Damo, at their post-Sunderland celebration drinks in Delaneys.  We were having a work''s party upstairs and they crashed it.  It gets a brief mention in Iwan''s autobiography.  Spoke to them all and had Darren Huckerby on the phone to my ex telling her she was crazy for dumping me! Good times... [:)]

Used to work in a high street bank so have met many NCFC players and helped them look after their finances [:)]