Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Most famous Football you have ever met?

I had to go to spain for my spanish language course many years ago and i bumped into calilias(sp) the goalkeeper!

it was amazing,

whos yours?

dave watson...john deehan...chris woods(was mascot along time ago)...gunny...hucks...cantona(gunns testimonial night top bloke) crofty...ched evans...curo...dion(another top top bloke) i think thats about it

sat behind david beckham at the london palladium while we watched chitty chitty bang bang.... he was very polite and sat in a normal £40 seat. (ha had brooklyn on his lap and i had kids with me too before you wonder what i was doing watching chitty chitty!). 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I once met a football in the ManU museum that was used when the club was called Newton Heath in the late 1890''s!

Other than that I''ve never met a famous football!

[/quote]I have seen a football that was claimed to be used in the world cup (''66) in a museum in London somewhere when i was at school - does that count as ''meeting'' one?

Sandy kennon a couple of times. Him and my grandad played for norwich at the same time and both goalies, did go in halves on a house here in spain, but sold up now. They see each other regularly, and we both obviously present at the reunion.

Doc knocked me over in the BP garage near county hall a few months ago (bodily not in his car) and he picked me up, apologised profusely asked if i was ok etc etc and a few seconds after, i realised it was him! I spent all the way home wishing that it was Dion or Rusty!

[quote user="The Puppet Man"]sold dion an envolope[/quote]i sat next to dion at the player awards dinner. him getting questioned by a few bores from flybe and myself who kept ogling the fit bird across the table....

Worked with Beckham, Ronaldinho, Henry, Del Piero, Drogba, Vierra, Gudjonnson, Gerrard, Bobby Charlton.....loads moreI''ve also held the FA cup and the Jules Rimet and scored in front of 120,000 at the Maracana during Flamenco v Vasco local derby (with a toilet roll at half time)

The late great Emlyn Hughes. He gave me a sales award at an end of year company do. Crazy horse even said well do BIG MAN. Got photo of him giving me the award and Champagne. Gave the best after dinner speech I have ever heard.

[quote user="glove1"]

sat behind david beckham at the london palladium while we watched chitty chitty bang bang.... he was very polite and sat in a normal £40 seat. (ha had brooklyn on his lap and i had kids with me too before you wonder what i was doing watching chitty chitty!). 

[/quote]

cheap so and so, i bet he even claimed that seat was a kids as well to save money

i''ve not really met anybody big time.

Spoken to the likes of Hucks, Francis, Earnie, Leon and Robinson but i''d say the biggest was meeting Andy Gray at the old Wembley ahead of an England-Portugal game, why a jock was there i don''t know unless he was commentating

I sat and had a mug of tea with Martin Peters and Geoff Hurst in a portakabin /office on a used car sales site in 94- they were the face behind Motorplan warranties I believe and popped in on the off chance of signing us up with their Company!!!!

met hucks in a yarmouth amusement arcade the day before he got dumped ,met kevin drinkell at lowestoft railway station whilst he was still playing for us [:D]

Was Working in a Retail store in Perth Australia when Gabrielle Batistuta Walked in only me and one other guy realized who it was but he was a very nice guy very polite and humble apparently was playing in the local amateur league under an assumed name just imagine turning out for you local team and having to mark him would be a little daunting.

David Beckham, when working with his other half a few years ago. He was still at Man Utd then and a really top guy- not what I expected to be honest.

Many, because of the business but favourites:

Stanley Matthews, Lev Yashin, saw both play but never got to meet them till retirement times.

First intelligent footballer: Steve, the current Reading manager, a wonderful player whose career was cruelly cut short by injury.

Total oafs but completely loveable as people: Neville Southall, Dean Windass (who has just walked out on Oldham - go on Gunny, just for the last few games!)

Met Crooky after the game last night - top man. Met a few of our players past and present; Iwan, Dion, Bentley, Libbra, Gary Holt,  Paul Mcveigh and Hucks. Met Brian McBride in Tesco in New Malden too, what a nice chap.

The most famous footballer I''ve met is probably Sir Trevor Brooking, I met him outside White Harte Lane before Spurs v Fulham a few years back.

I used talk about poker with Tony Cascarino, and took a bit off abuse from Alan Brazil, whislt working for Talksport.  Also met Andy Townsend, Tony Cottee & BIG George Foreman.  Couldn''t get near Mike Tyson, never seen so many minders in my life... as if anyone would start on him?!!!

There were a few more, but, they are lost in the mists of time...

I have been in the company of Pele, Maradona and George Best - we were all round Dean Coney''s house playing on the Commodore 64!!!

I met Stanley Matthews in the 70''s when on holiday in Malta, he was playing for the local post office team and I went to watch them with my dad, I had no idea who he was! met Emlyn Hughes amongst others when ballboy for the FA Cup 5th round game against Wolves, which we lost, my memory of that game was that the wolves manager had a right go at me for sitting obstructing his view of the kick off and some blokes sitting behind the dugout had a right go back and threatened to fill him in, a belated thanks for that whoever you were.

Robert Fleck, Bryan Gunn and Iwan Roberts, on different occasions. Bryan nearly hit me with his golf ball following a wayward tee shot at Sprowston Park a number of years ago. The true gentleman that he is, even though he had shouted fore! and the ball had missed me by a few feet, he still came across to apologise profusely. It''s not every golfer who bothers to do that.

Bobby Charlton at Carrow Road - we were working on the car park and he asked where the main entrance was , held the door of WHSmiths open for Jack Charlton at Newcastle Station, Keith Gillespie booked his holiday at the company I was training at in Newcastle and came into the office for a cuppa . Martin Peters watched me play football for CNS against Bracondale ( his son was playing for Bracondale ) played against Mike Walker ona  sunday morning friendly . Stood behind Dean Ashton and Darel Russell at Tescos , Laughed at Adam Drury carrying a big box out of Argos on Riverside  

My son has been on numerous FITC football courses with the Huckerby boys and obviously Dad has collected them , also played against them in a five a side last summer , Hucks was watching intently