Sign in to follow this  
Castle Acre Canary

Are we a woeful Board? Roger Mumby

There are not woeful because they are passionate about Norwich and always pleased to speak to the fans.

However, they have made major mistakes and no longer have the funds to move us forward.

Therefore I would like to see someone else with major money come in.

I think he came from Connus Rottenus FC, it was the usual NCFC scout Blindus Asbattus and I believe the agent was the well known Slugus Viperus. The usual fee was paid which I think in Latin is "completus overtopus" while a nice thank you note was sent to our chief executive known in the football world as Maximus Suckerus.

Worrying thing is, when he was asked about the board he said "I know worse". Not "We feel that we are a fantastic board of directors who are striving to get us out of this mess".....Not our Mumbles, he simply says "I know worse"

[quote]"Worrying thing is, when he was asked about the board he said "I know worse". Not "We feel that we are a fantastic board of directors who are striving to get us out of this mess".....Not our Mumbles, he simply says "I know worse"[/quote]Yeah, and that "worse" board is probably Charlton

good to see the fans asking questions that The Evening News refuses to ask , it made my blood boil when Doncaster talked about Grant being appointed through a thorough process , I''d be amazed to see the thorough process that doesn''t include actually looking at someone''s CV, they must be a very competent bunch .

[quote user="splatthecat"]good to see the fans asking questions that The Evening News refuses to ask , it made my blood boil when Doncaster talked about Grant being appointed through a thorough process , I''d be amazed to see the thorough process that doesn''t include actually looking at someone''s CV, they must be a very competent bunch .[/quote]I was also disappointed to see that Mumbles thinks the only mistakes they''ve made was to appoint 2 risky managers.  In hindsight yes, they were mistakes.However, the biggest mistake this board need to own up to is the ''ambition with prudence'' horlicks from the prem season, which lead to us not having a recognised striker for half of the season.  That''s when the rot set in, their biggest mistake to date and one they cannot blame on anyone else.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]There are not woeful because they are passionate about Norwich and always pleased to speak to the fans. However, they have made major mistakes and no longer have the funds to move us forward. Therefore I would like to see someone else with major money come in.[/quote]

That is the bottom line!

[quote]Worrying thing is, when he was asked about the board he said "I know worse". Not "We feel that we are a fantastic board of directors who are striving to get us out of this mess".....Not our Mumbles, he simply says "I know worse"[/quote]

Not that I''m a fan of the board, but if they''d of said "we are a fantastic board of directors" I think there''d be plenty of people on here saying they had their heads in the sand. You might have even been one of them.

I too am no fan of the board either but you''ve got to love the fact that they do respond to the fans and will host an impromptu meeting. I''m not sure of all the ins and outs of how and why the meeting was called but I can''t imagine too many other boards meeting up with supporters - knowing they''re going to get a pasting - outside of an AGM

[quote user="Jim Kent"]There are not woeful because they are passionate about Norwich and always pleased to speak to the fans. However, they have made major mistakes and no longer have the funds to move us forward. Therefore I would like to see someone else with major money come in.[/quote]

Are they?

One gets paid £180k per year and the other £25k per year to take their fair share of flak from supporters on behalf of Delia & Wynn Jones.

No point getting angry with them as they are just a couple of paid lackies.

I would lie for England if you paid me £180k per year!!!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I too am no fan of the board either but you''ve got to love the fact that they do respond to the fans and will host an impromptu meeting. I''m not sure of all the ins and outs of how and why the meeting was called but I can''t imagine too many other boards meeting up with supporters - knowing they''re going to get a pasting - outside of an AGM[/quote]

Well our board didn''t turn up either... their two paid lackies did that''s all.

It was hilarious at one point when Doomy was getting a grilling from Andy Larkin (I think) and he was nearly in tears saying I can''t answer any more otherwise I will be sacked in the morning... [Y]

Yes, the promotion to the Premiership really opened a can of worms for the board. Completely unprepared (I suspect through choice given their impressive record), and equally prepared and budgeted to fail, well, there we go. We got what we prepared for.

Things don''t change though, they are not prepared for what might happen this year either, don''t mention the "R" word anyone. God, you really couldn''t make this up. In a moment of rare impulsiveness I considered ringing the BBC and outlining a plot for a new tea time soap......now that would have the pennies rolling in.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote] user="Jim Kent"]There are not woeful because they are passionate about Norwich and always pleased to speak to the fans. However, they have made major mistakes and no longer have the funds to move us forward. Therefore I would like to see someone else with major money come in.[/quote]

Are they?

One gets paid £180k per year and the other £25k per year to take their fair share of flak from supporters on behalf of Delia & Wynn Jones.

No point getting angry with them as they are just a couple of paid lackies.

I would lie for England if you paid me £180k per year!!!

[/quote]

We don''t have to pay you, you''re doing it for nothing.