Sign in to follow this  
Destort

So who will be next in line for scapegoat?

So the vast majority have their wish and it looks like Fotheringham has played his last game for us. Who are we all going to blame for the team''s poor performances next?

I am not a Fotheringham fan and do feel we have better footballers in the Norwich side however this mob mentality that seems to have come in since premiership relegation is just ridiculous when it is clearly making the team we love''s performances worse at Carrow Road when our players should feel supported.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Right. So it''s the fans fault ''Fozzy'' is sh*t?

Thanks for clearing that up.

[/quote]

No, but it''s the fans who poison the atmosphere by dishing our personal abuse whenever they feel like it.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]I think Asics is asking who''s next to be ''whipping boy''?We''ve had -:Malky (liability cos he was slow)Flem (too old)Shacks (shiite before he was sold)Cureton (can''t hit a donkey''s arse with a banjo)the list is endless

We''re fast running out of our own players to be that whipping boy. Of the current crop, it''s definitely going to be Jamie Lad and then after that probably Semmy.

I can''t recall Malky ever being a whipped-boy though. Wasn''t he a bit of a ledge from his first appearance? The biggest that stick in my mind were Kenton (who went on to be immense) and Llwellyen and Hendo (who went on to be rubbish)

Its not personal against the player. Fozzy seems a decent lad and people are not abusing him. People are jeering the manager''s decision to keep playing him when its clear he''s not up to it and should not be picked. It seems to be the only way that certain of our managers will get the message and make a change that all in the stadium bar them are able to see.

It was the same with Holt and Flem towards the end. Norwich City legends and great guys but were picked and played for 6 months too long. Not their fault they are hardly likely to say "actually boss i''m a bit past it and am struggling" but Worthington should have made that decision for them. When he didn''t and persisted with them for far too long the fans had little option but to make their feelings known.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

No Alex that''s not what is being said, try using a bit of amateur phsycology - if a team are under pressure , which they clearly are, then an element of the fans screaming abuse or whinging at every missplaced pass is not helping.

If things aren''t going well and you have the ball knowing that if you don''t play the perfect pass or shot that you will incur the wrath of the crowd - you play the safe ball. Don''t beleive me then check out the backwards/sideways passes that have been prevalent these last few seasons, and it''s not as simple as saying grow a pair of bollocks and play better - if they were of the calibre that could do that game in game out thhey would be playing at the top of the Prem not a Championship team.

We all want the same Alex so give it some thought and lets stick with them, knowing that applauding effort and not getting on their backs is more likely to have the desired effect - 10 games to hold back on the whinging and roaring your support - you never know it might work

Like it or lump it we have got the team we can afford at present - and NO I don''t like it- but for the next 10 games I want to contribute to us trying to stay up and that means Support, support,support not getting arsey at the match wondering where all the money has gone.

Psychology rant over and tin hat on!!![:P][:D]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

We''re fast running out of our own players to be that whipping boy. Of the current crop, it''s definitely going to be Jamie Lad and then after that probably Semmy.

I can''t recall Malky ever being a whipped-boy though. Wasn''t he a bit of a ledge from his first appearance? The biggest that stick in my mind were Kenton (who went on to be immense) and Llwellyen and Hendo (who went on to be rubbish)

[/quote]With Malky, granted it probably was a minority,  he did get a certain amount of grief over a space of time for being ''too slow''.  I remember whingers on Canary Call bitching about him.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Get off your high horse Alex and try not answering with such a defensive reaction. I clearly put the Team in bold letters. The vast majority have underperformed this season and Fotheringham has been amongst that. Fotheringham however is not the reason that we are where we are. In fact last season we were on a terrible run of games when he came into the side and we had the run that kept us up. Now i''m not saying he is great however he is just 1 piece of the team.

How have the "vast majority" had their "wish". If you believe that Fozzies departure is purely don to what happened in the Coventry game, you are naive in the extreme. As for the "next scapegoat", do not make me laugh, virtually player has been based on here at one time or another (Doc, Curo, Marshall etc etc. All this hand wringing is nauseating.

To answer the OP - I think it will be Lappin. I already hold him personally responsible for not doing more to get into the team. Happily kicking around with the kids when his undoubted dead ball skills could have been put to good use..[;)]

[quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]I think Asics is asking who''s next to be ''whipping boy''?We''ve had -:Malky (liability cos he was slow)Flem (too old)Shacks (shiite before he was sold)Cureton (can''t hit a donkey''s arse with a banjo)the list is endless[/quote]Lets add to this :Etuhu : lazy, overrated and the sole reason for our failure (note: now playing consistently for a mid table premier league club)Brown : Couldn''t hit a barn door lower league striker out of his depth and the sole reason for our failure (note: now playing consistently for a team in the championship play offs)Earnshaw : inconsistent, misses too many chances (note: still banging them in regularly at this level)

Bit of a pattern emerging here hey?Who''s next?

There''s no pattern emerging there - you''re just throwing in names at random and trying to find a link that doesn''t exist. 

Earnshaw was never a whipping boy.  What''s he doing there?

many people on this forum moaned about him, same with huckerby - "unbalanced left flank" etc etcThe pattern is people scapegoat players who go on to prove they are of the required quality. Maybe we should look to blame a little higher a little more often? Agreed?

[quote user="Bring Back The Asics Kit"]

So the vast majority have their wish and it looks like Fotheringham has played his last game for us. Who are we all going to blame for the team''s poor performances next?

I am not a Fotheringham fan and do feel we have better footballers in the Norwich side however this mob mentality that seems to have come in since premiership relegation is just ridiculous when it is clearly making the team we love''s performances worse at Carrow Road when our players should feel supported.

[/quote]There is nothing more certain, someone will be singled out by those who are that way inclined.

I seem to remember that Iwan got some dreadful stick in his first season. Going back further, Mark Bowen wasn''t exactly popular for a while after joining.

[/quote]

I think the thing with Fozzy is that he thinks that he is a gifted player and that we''re lucky to have him (as reflected in his decision to sign for only one year).

If you''re Craig Bellamy, you can get away with that kind of arrogance; if you''re another Andy Hughes, you can''t.

[quote user="Webbo118"]I seem to remember that Iwan got some dreadful stick in his first season. Going back further, Mark Bowen wasn''t exactly popular for a while after joining.[/quote]..and it''s not so long ago that Docherty was singled out as being useless and now he is club captain.

Mob mentality - for gods sake get a grip man.

Bottom line, he was expensive and underperformed, he would only commit to one year contracts, and he was arrogant on the pitch.  If you watched the games you would see he was always shouting and blaming the payers around him while contributing little, and at the Coventry game you could see the total disgust on the faces of people like Clingon.Players all around the country get abuse for being poor performers, so there is nothing special or different about this situation at Norwich.Its part of the arena mentality, 2000 years ago we would have thrown him to the lions.

[/quote]