Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Why are we at home to Watford on a monday?

Why does the date of Easter move around?If we know the day Jesus was born on (25th December), why can''t we be specific about the date of his crucifixion?  I have always found this slightly bizarre.

It''s linked with Moon Phases (like Ramadan), it''s always the Sunday following the first full moon after the spring equinox. That dates back to 10th Century when things were still more linked to moon / sun cycles, before that (a bit like Christmas) it was different dates in different parts of the Holy Roman Empire,which of course led to plenty of violent discussion.

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"]Why does the date of Easter move around?

If we know the day Jesus was born on (25th December), why can''t we be specific about the date of his crucifixion?  I have always found this slightly bizarre.
[/quote]

or on the other hand it just proves it a farse, and never happened, just like the birth, I have been to Bethleham many times and never ever seen snow, plenty of desset and hot sun though, the bible is no more than a good novel, just like Harry Potter  

If we know the day Jesus was born on (25th December), why can''t we be specific about the date of his crucifixion?  I have always found this slightly bizarre.
[/quote]

Thats not strictly correct! We always celebrate the 25th, but it was not that actual date!

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

[/quote]

Thats not strictly correct! We always celebrate the 25th, but it was not that actual date!

[/quote]

ust as the novel said ALL CHANGE or was that the ticket collector

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The 25th December was around the date of traditional Roman / Pagan midwinter festivals. Clever marketing by Early Christians led to this date being adopted as Christmas as it was easy to introduce to the psyche of early converts by tagging this Christian festival onto an already existing time of celebration.

[/quote]

Because its balls! I believe in science, theres real proof to back it up, rather than religion.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Your cat video is a laugh riot, kiwi!  Love it. [:D][/quote]Yeh, i love the way it turns round really slowly at the start! haha