Sign in to follow this  
jordimurrell

***IF WE STAY UP....WOULD YOU WANT THE BOARD TO REMAIN....WITH BRYAN GUNN STAYING LONGER????***

This just a little discussion on who would want the board to remain after 2 or 3 seasons of being insecure in the championship.

IF we do stay up would you want a Mr Bryan Gunn to stay here? i am don''t know whether it will be a right choice to as this could easily happen again. but saying that he has respect for players, fans and everyone involved in Norwich city. He has committed a relationship with the players which could easily lead to success.

with the board, i think that this should have been sorted out a long time ago, with little money backing managers. we need somebody with money to come in as an addition to what we have already got.

what do you pinkun posters think?

IMHO

Bryan Gunn will almost definitely stay at the club, irrespective of which div we are in  next season.

I am pretty sure he will not be manager next season though, irrespective of which div we are in.

Gunny will be Director of art or something equally as useful and Utterly Butterly will scarp it out with Crooky at the end of the season for the Managers job, because as far as I can tell, they both want the job. Probably with the loser leaving and the victor bringing in his own team.

hahaha Ian Crook is a FOOTBALL GENIUS... but not under Delia & Co he won''t be... you can''t pass on your fantastic knowledge of the game and skills to the quality of players that City have been bringing in for the last few years (by and large).

Fair point, not sure how well a  ''football genius'' type of game would do in the third div?

Maybe the board are hedging thier bets with Butterworth there in case of relegation or Crooky to step in if we stay up

Jordi, that''s sadly an unfair question. Of course we all want better than what we have. Sadly though, until someone buys the club off Delia, we are left with what we have. It could be improved though. The CE and Chairman, to be fair to the others, are the working sum of parts and it is their remit to run the club. They must therefore look to ways to sustain the club in the immediate future and long term to bring back relative prosperity in the financial sense and some decent football on the field. How they mean to achieve this I am not sure. They are open to others coming onto the board to advise (they assured me of this on Thursday night) but I am not convinced they are actively seeking help. It''s not all about investment, it''s about ideas and sound financial planning and its implementation.

The board also really need to work on convincing the whole fanbase that they are up to the job. A lot of us remain unconvinced of this. More than anything I would love to have faith in them because I believe that Delia and the two Michaels really do have the club at their heart, though I remain alarmed and annoyed at the people they have employed to run the club. IMO Delia needs not only to attract investment and some sound business minded individuals or companies to help NCFC but she needs to look at her shareholding and its implications. I asked Mr Doncaster also how democratic the board were relating to the 51% shares held by the Wynn-Joneses and he assured me on important matters it was one vote each. I also wonder whether this man, who had been considered by the FA, is entirely suitable for the position he holds and with that, the power he has.

I would also challenge the boards'' thinking on the present state of the club. If Munby sums up their thinking, that yes, they acknowledge mistakes, but they are only two (Grant and Roeder) then they need to study their own sets of accounts more thoroughly. Still in debt to the tune of 20million, despite all the monies which have come into the club since promotion? I think a lot of work needs to be done here. The football team, hey, how long have you got? We need to build one first. Sending eleven players out on the pitch is only the start. I hope Bryan and the others can do it and keep us from the third division but I really can''t see much hope.

If the board stays, it will be more of the same. If Gunn is still manager, it will be more of the same. The board has been here too long to change. As for Gunn, he just simply shouldn''t of taken the job.

Yes, i think this board will take us forward. They have only made a few mistakes. People in norwich expect the best and always have high expectations, we are not a premiership team and our board is very good compared to others such as southampton, barnsley.

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]Yes, i think this board will take us forward. They have only made a few mistakes. People in norwich expect the best and always have high expectations, we are not a premiership team and our board is very good compared to others such as southampton, barnsley.
[/quote]

the same barnsley who were promoted 2 seasons ago and 90 minutes from Wembley last season and are punching above their weight?

yeh.. a terrible board by all accounts at Oakwell then [:$]

jas :)