Sign in to follow this  
chippy savory

Jumble sale

Don''t no what people think of the club shop, but i had a look round the other day, havn''t been in for a while and i thought it was total rubbish, it was like a jumble sale, nearly every item was for sale or 20% off, they want you to buy 2 advent calenders for 50p this time of year, old photographs of earnie and etuhu. There are even old home and away shirts which are trying to be flogged on matchdays at the jarrold stand. I think its rediculous i don''t mind a few for sale items but not the whole shop, it needs new ideas and new items. 

[quote user="chippy savory"]Don''t no what people think of the club shop, but i had a look round the other day, havn''t been in for a while and i thought it was total rubbish, it was like a jumble sale, nearly every item was for sale or 20% off, they want you to buy 2 advent calenders for 50p this time of year, old photographs of earnie and etuhu. There are even old home and away shirts which are trying to be flogged on matchdays at the jarrold stand. I think its rediculous i don''t mind a few for sale items but not the whole shop, it needs new ideas and new items. [/quote]

ive said this before, the whole range of gear for sale in that place is crap. i went in for somthing stylish to wear but norwich realted like a smart training top and its all vile garbage. time to bin xara aswell

Have to agree some of the merchandise isn''t the best, but that is nothing new. Have to admit I rarely buy things there these days, I am probably too old, except for buying gifts, but there has always been an element of tackiness. Having said that there are some reasonable buys. They currently have a "retro" training top circa late 70s, my daughter bought this and loved it. It reminded me of the times it came from, when we didn''t have a club shop as such and still had standing terraces, but a good try to bring back some of the classic designs.

Calendars though, do we actually have 12 players who will still be here by the time they reach their moment of glory on your wall/desk?

[quote user="chippy savory"]Don''t no what people think of the club shop, but i had a look round the other day, havn''t been in for a while and i thought it was total rubbish, it was like a jumble sale, nearly every item was for sale or 20% off, they want you to buy 2 advent calenders for 50p this time of year, old photographs of earnie and etuhu. There are even old home and away shirts which are trying to be flogged on matchdays at the jarrold stand. I think its rediculous i don''t mind a few for sale items but not the whole shop, it needs new ideas and new items. [/quote]

Tilly mentioned that at the fans forum the other night.

Have wrote to the club previousley about this, but falls on deaf ears, if they want to see how it is done they should look at Celtic or Rangers

told this story on here before.. but a few seasons back me and a mate went to Derby away.. we got there a little bit early so thought wed pop into the club shop.. just to see how other clubs did things...

their shop is fantastic! we got chatting to a couplee of rams fans who were in there and they said that Derby bring in new lines all the time, theres always something new in the shop and its never samey... i todl them that our club shop was crap.. still selling DVD''s and videos of 10 seasons ago, and bringing in new lines once a year.. 1 visit a season to the club shop is all you need.. because there wont be anything different in there...

they seemed really suprised.. especially when i said i thought their club shop was top notch!

jas :)

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

ive said this before, the whole range of gear for sale in that place is crap. i went in for somthing stylish to wear but norwich realted like a smart training top and its all vile garbage. time to bin xara aswell

[/quote]

Try looking at the stuff on sale at Portman Road! No, before anyone suggests it, I''m not a binman. I go there sometimes in a work capacity and popped in to look in the shop once to kill some time.