Sign in to follow this  
Flick Fleck

Reasons to be Cheerful Pt II

Just browsing around Google looking for a new quote to put at the bottom of me posts, when I came upon this quality site:

http://www34.brinkster.com/spottersbadge/

So drop all your formation / substitution / management / newbie / low-lifer / 3 points trouble and enjoy a laugh:

"If you can''t stand the heat in the dressing-room, get out of the kitchen" - Terry Venables

"They didn''t change positions, they just moved the players around" - Terry Venables

"We didn''t underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought" - Bobby Robson

"Players never know why they are taken off or substituted - until they become managers" - Bobby Robson

"The good news for Nigeria is that they''re two-nil down very early in the game" - Kevin Keegan

"Carlton Palmer can trap the ball further than I can kick it" - Ron Atkinson

"Well, Clive, it''s all about the two M''s. Movement and positioning" - Ron Atkinson

"Suker - first touch like a camel" - Ron Atkinson

"Michael Owen - he''s got the legs of a salmon" - Craig Brown

"I never make predictions, and I never will" - Gazza

"I''ve had 14 bookings this season - 8 of which were my fault, but 7 of which were disputable" - Gazza

"Because of the booking, I will miss the Holland game - if selected"  - Gazza

"Winning isn''t the end of the world" - David Pleat

"This is a real cat and carrot situation" - David Pleat

"The Liverpool players are passing the cup down the line like a new born baby. Although when they are back in the dressing room they will probably fill it with champagne, something you should never do to a baby" - Alan Parry

"Even when they had Moore, Hurst and Peters, West Ham''s average finish was about 17th. It just shows how crap the other 8 of us were" - Harry Redknapp

"By the look of him he must have headed a lot of balls" - Harry Redknapp about the lovely Iain Dowie

"My team mates advised me to visit the city first. I went to have a look at Middlesbro and decided I was better off in Parma"
-Antonio Bennarivo

"I think Sheffield Wednesday are a very poor football team. They are like a man who''s got diarrhoea who can''t get his trousers down"
Rodney Marsh

"I''ve never been thoughtful in my life and I''m not about to start now"
Alan Shearer

quality, some of those are funny and cheered me up.

I had a good one as a signature on my sunday league team website -

"If you''re not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the back of the net and we will discuss your options afterwards", Think it was Shankly that said that one.

Perhaps Worthy could try that on Holt, lol, muhahaha.

StevenageFan, it was the great Shankley, and that, believe it or not, was the quote that started me off looking on Google in the first place - I could remember the gist but not the actual quote.  So cheers!

Here''s a gem from George Best in return:

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Aye!

Great post!  Can I add one to those above?  From last night''s Carling Cup commentary on the Burnley v Spuds game, dearest Kammi says of Robbie Blake " he''s really clever on the pitch...much cleverer than he is off it!"  Well, it made me laugh, and wonder if he''s perhaps the only person Kammi knows who he can beat at Trivial Pursuit!!!