Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

**Official Norwich City - Blackpool Match Thread**

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]god my stomach is doing summersaults...COME ON CITY COME ON CITY[/quote]and ffs get the wrangle sorted so i can listen online...woohooooooo birmongham 1:0 up....now come on norwich[/quote]#birmingham#[/quote]

Lol, that''s probably how the locals pronounce it in the midlands

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

The classic question - would you take a draw right now?

I''d say no, go for the win and to hell with it if we lose. We NEED to win this game

[/quote]

A draw isn''t enough sadly, they lads have got to go out dig deep and play a dirty game if it means getting a result.

I''d say no, go for the win and to hell with it if we lose. We NEED to win this game

[/quote]

Draw is not good enough. We need to win.

[/quote]

no, a draw would not be too bad, we need to accumulate points and still have games to go, I would have taken 4 out of 6 away points given out recent form.

But more importantly, if we lose we gift the points to relegation rivals, this could be costly.

[/quote]a point away from home is good on any day...but 3 points would be lovely...COME ON CITY

37:23

Jonathan Grounds has a volleyed shot. Save made by Paul Rachubka.

17:14

Jason Shackell takes a shot. Save made by Paul Rachubka.

15:29

Gary Doherty takes a shot. Save made by Paul Rachubka.

0:13

The ball is swung over by Jon Otsemobor, Paul Rachubka makes a save.

Nice to see the defenders getting forwards but where the hell are the strikers? (Again)!!!!!!

[quote user="Buckethead"]37:23

Nice to see the defenders getting forwards but where the hell are the strikers? (Again)!!!!!!
[/quote]

Good question.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

[/quote]

no, a draw would not be too bad, we need to accumulate points and still have games to go, I would have taken 4 out of 6 away points given out recent form.

But more importantly, if we lose we gift the points to relegation rivals, this could be costly.

[/quote]

100% agree marty, after today we still 9 games and 27pts to play for, we simply can''t afford to allow Blackpool to move 3pts further ahead of us.

Of course we should try and win but not without caution

[/quote]

See my score prediction on the 1st page.....

They kept a clean sheet until half time. That''s just what was needed because the longer it stays that way the more Blackpool will start to commit.

I am now very hopeful of another 1-0 smash and grab.

Just noticed Doc got booked, will have to be careful not to take his shirt off when he scores the winning goal...............!

[quote user="SAFU2007"]4-0 City with one of our defenders getting a hatrick....not sure which one tho''![/quote]Optomistic but I can see where you''re coming from.We are fielding the most inneffective strikeforce this season ( Lita and Lupoli exluded) I can remember in 40 years regardless of division.

We still don''t make best use of corners and free kicks. (Still time for Lappin to come on and save the day...)

[/quote]

All set pieces again,   as the commentary shows we have nothing in midfield,  just like all season.  Clingan and Rusty need to up their game, a lot , again, to help out as an attacking pair,  its too easy for sides to defend a lonbg ball from the back or put two players on our wide men and the lack of show from the front men,  lack of service.

It does show that we ARE a threat from set peices though and we will continue to do what we did against Cov,  through men forward for every free kick in the hope of causing problems.

However we have nothing to change central midfield from the bench,  which means we would have to change shape a bit to make a difference, and maybe go 4-2-3-1,  first by replacing Rusty with Carney. and go

Defence

CLingan    Betrand

Croft       Hoolahan    Carney

Cort.

pushing the 3-1 part right onto their back 4 and defend from the front.  Croft and Carney can go wide and work hard defensively.when ''pool attack,  burt can get forward at pace when attacking hopefully stretching their defence,  while also now outnumbering their midfield so stifling their attacking therat. 

With clingan and  bertrand offering a defensive shield to the back 4 we should be better placed to soak up their attacks and so be more secure defensively.  They then take the ball and have 4 players ahead of them to pass to, enocouraging  passing football with forward momentum rather than sidewats, again. With 4 men in and around their box  

As cort tires bring on Mooney.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

All set pieces again,   as the commentary shows we have nothing in midfield,  just like all season.  Clingan and Rusty need to up their game, a lot , again, to help out as an attacking pair,  its too easy for sides to defend a lonbg ball from the back or put two players on our wide men and the lack of show from the front men,  lack of service.

It does show that we ARE a threat from set peices though and we will continue to do what we did against Cov,  through men forward for every free kick in the hope of causing problems.

However we have nothing to change central midfield from the bench,  which means we would have to change shape a bit to make a difference, and maybe go 4-2-3-1,  first by replacing Rusty with Carney. and go

Defence

CLingan    Betrand

Cort.

pushing the 3-1 part right onto their back 4 and defend from the front.  Croft and Carney can go wide and work hard defensively.when ''pool attack,  burt can get forward at pace when attacking hopefully stretching their defence,  while also now outnumbering their midfield so stifling their attacking therat. 

With clingan and  bertrand offering a defensive shield to the back 4 we should be better placed to soak up their attacks and so be more secure defensively.  They then take the ball and have 4 players ahead of them to pass to, enocouraging  passing football with forward momentum rather than sidewats, again. With 4 men in and around their box  

Blimey, you need to text Gunny and let him know!

[/quote]

Radio Snorfolk are saying that Blackpoo are the better side for the first half.... lets hope we can break them down... get Carney on i say.

jas :)

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Defence

CLingan    Betrand

Cort.

Quick text Gunny and tell him!

[/quote]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Blackpoo fans have gone quiet apparently.. could be losing patience with the team?

jas :)

[/quote]

Never mind the Blackpool fans, I can''t hear the City fans either [:|]