Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

**Official Norwich City - Blackpool Match Thread**

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

2 questions

1. What can we do to change things?
  2. What needs to be done (by anyone) to get us back on track?

Two simple questions however i fear the answers are not

[/quote]Talking of tracks...i may go and lay on one!

[quote user="JohnoBono"][quote user="Scot-e-dog"][quote user="JohnoBono"]

The damage was done last summer when Roeder ripped the heart out of the club.

How much surgery now needs doing this summer.

[/quote]

Surgery costs money - we don''t have that.

It also assumes that in the third tier of English football we will be able to players to improve on what we''ve got, even if we could afford it.

I expect nothing but mid-table mediocrity next year playing giants like Yeovil and Carlisle.

I weep, I really do!
[/quote]Yep, and they will spin in on lines like ''we can''t punch above our weight'' ''we have to find our level''[/quote]ffs we cant punch at our own weight...league 1 here we come...message to the board...WE WILL HAVE THE BIGGEST CAR PARKS AND NICEST GROUND IN LEAGUE 1...FAN FECKING TASCTIC

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="kick it off"]We are down. No two ways about it.

Sad, sad day, probably the saddest in my Norwich supporting life.

No passion, no commitment, no fight.

and added to that, Hereford and Cheltenham - the 2 teams nearest to my house - loos like they''ll get relegated too so not even like i have several easy away days.

utter crap.
[/quote]

I agree totally, sad sad day.

[/quote]AGREED ALL HOPE IS GONE...didnt even put up a fight thats what fecks me off...now what shlte will we hear from the board[/quote]

After speaking to Doomy a few months back on the phone and in person I now shut my ears off to the board, they all talk b******s.

Sadly my hope went a while back.

Today has been a microcosm of our season. Too many players failing to contribute when the chips were down, not enough firepower and susceptible at the back, particularly on the break. We are going down because we deserve too.

[quote user="twinkle toes silvester"][quote user="St.John Cooper"]

2 questions

1. What can we do to change things?

2. What needs to be done (by anyone) to get us back on track?

Two simple questions however i fear the answers are not

[/quote]
Talking of tracks...i may go and lay on one!
[/quote]

LOL   can i join you

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

how can watford score 3 away, can you see us doing that?

[/quote]

Because they have players that can score goals: Smith, Priskin & Rasiak to name a few. Who do we have? Carl Cort, oooo such a threat!

Yes, probably it''s finished, our defence and attack are negligible, even if I can''t conceive the relegation of a team with a midfield that counts on Crofty, Sammy and Hoolahan, three players that are a luxury for the category....

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

Gosh- each time you think Norwich have made you hit bottom- they hurt you even more.. so depressing. We are a very poor side who look desitned for the drop. Plenty of points to play for but no one special to play for them. I honestly think this side, with their mental weakness, would struggle in league one. You need big bruisers there not little weeds with no passion...brace yourself for further pain next season. Current side would be bottom half there too I reckon

[/quote]Could not have said it better. Sums up this utter sorry mess.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I don''t mean this to sound harsh, but when you sit back season after season and accept medeocrity, medeocrity is all you will end up with.By failing to take action to show our discontent, we have all contributed to this sorry state of affairs.[/quote]

So it''s the fans fault for supporting the team?  Ok so next season no one should go to matches, the club would fold, and we would have no team lol great idea.

[/quote]No, the fans support the club and are admired for it.However, when things become stale and results become poor you have to take action, either by making your feelings known or by addressing the problem head on.Norwich fans have, as a whole, failed to express their discontent to the board, despite things being an utter shambles for a number of seasons.We have all sat back and let this happen. By showing the board this wasn''t aceeptable a few months back, we would have been doing the CLUB a favour, don''t you see?Instead, we have done nothing. And now Norwich City FC will be playing in League One next season.[/quote]

So what have you done yourself then?

We have boycotted matches for weeks and weeks on end, written and emailed the CE and spoken to him in person. 

I have told 3 board members I want the lot of them gone.  What more can we do?

If we withdraw money from the club it will fold, it''s not hard to work out.

[/quote]An after-match protest would have been a good start, just to show how upset we were with the performances.Instead, those few who advocated such a moce were shouted down and ridiculed by the masses who, through rose-tinted specs, thought we could never go down.And now, sadly, it is too late to do anything but start afresh, completely.

[quote user="Barclay Boy"][quote user="St.John Cooper"]

how can watford score 3 away, can you see us doing that?

[/quote]

Because they have players that can score goals: Smith, Priskin & Rasiak to name a few. Who do we have? Carl Cort, oooo such a threat!

[/quote]

wise words bb wise words

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="kick it off"]We are down. No two ways about it.

Sad, sad day, probably the saddest in my Norwich supporting life.

No passion, no commitment, no fight.

and added to that, Hereford and Cheltenham - the 2 teams nearest to my house - loos like they''ll get relegated too so not even like i have several easy away days.

utter crap.
[/quote]

I agree totally, sad sad day.

[/quote]AGREED ALL HOPE IS GONE...didnt even put up a fight thats what fecks me off...now what shlte will we hear from the board[/quote]

After speaking to Doomy a few months back on the phone and in person I now shut my ears off to the board, they all talk b******s.

Sadly my hope went a while back.

[/quote]DID READ THE NOTES FROM THE MEETING.. THEY JUST SEEM TO DODGE EVERY QUESTION

us, charlton and southampton getting relegated.who''d you thought it? 3 (supposedly) big teams... how the greats can fallsad day for norwich city

Clingan and Russell made mistakes today. I think Lappin must shoulder his fair share of the blame. Just sat on that bench all afternoon and didn''t get a single decent cross in all game.

Oh dear, Blackpool are rubbish what does that make us? Should''ve taken the game to them with some attacking effort. I counted just 1 shot that tested the keeper all game. Far, far too negative against a team who hardly ever score, and you could see why, it was like they had a bunch of Curetons up front the amount of chances they missed. Only ourselves to blame. Once again, it looks like that is that and we are div 3.

How many do you think will we take to Charlton on the last day of the season?

It is most likely that both of us will be doomed already so it could either be empty or a full allocation so we can all enjoy our last game in the Championship for decades.

You can probably tell - I am very depressed.

It''s a bit scary that the 3 sides currently in pole position to get relegated are all ex-established, successful teams.I can see Charlton bouncing back and I can see Southampton making a go of it; however, every part of my battered and bruised soul in telling me that Norwich have absolutely nothing to give, this season or next or the one after.On the plus side, I live in the West Country and will get to see a couple more away games without having to travel too far....no, actually that doesn''t make me feel any better.

omg the table looks grim

forrest    41      played 37

barnsley 39      played 34

saints     37      played 36

us          36      played 37   gone

charlton  gone

makes me [+o(] [:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(]

I hope Doomcaster takes note of the crowd there today. 7,700 and they have a better team than us! What a joke club we are.

I''m almost hoping we can get relegated sooner rather than later to put us out of our misery...like a dog that needs putting to sleep!

The sad thing is we were only playing Blackpool today. Mighty Blackpool for goodness sake. Norwich City should not be struggling against a team like this. They pulled in 7,000 odd supporters today. Yet they can play us off the pitch. Doncaster reconds 24,000 is not enough for us to compete in this league. Come on  GET REAL board. Wake up and smell the coffee. There have been so many mistakes. How can we honestly believe the likes of Doncaster as they spout off their poor old Norwich drivel week in week out.

Questions need to be asked big time. We the hard long time suffering fans need some honest answers that I doubt we will never get. I dread to think where OUR club is honestly been taken. There are no excuses good enough now, not now.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

omg the table looks grim

forrest    41      played 37

barnsley 39      played 34

saints     37      played 36

us          36      played 37   gone

charlton  gone

makes me [+o(] [:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(]

[/quote]

Shame Barnsley have those games in hand but you can''t rely on other results. At this rate we will be down in next few weeks. I think Gunn needs to reshuffle, last throw of the dice, get Gow & Carney on from the start and get some of the kids in, what have we got to loose? We are going down so what the hell.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]mind you two lucky wins on the bounce and we are back in with a chance...cannot see it but you never know![/quote]

We have only won two games on the trot once this season...and they were both home games!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

If we withdraw money from the club it will fold, it''s not hard to work out.

[/quote]

1.  It''s forking out for season tickets in advance that''s the problem.  If more fans went on a casual basis they''d have to work a bit harder to get bums on seats.

2.  If we went into admin how much worse could it be than it is now?  We are in such a downward spiral it won''t stop once we arrive in League 1 unless something changes.  Administrators would open the books - and personally I believe some very unpleasant realities would be revealed, not just the sanitised version that appears in the annual report.  At least we might get some proper answers to some very pressing questions.