Sign in to follow this  
Rethinking the future

Urgent Assistance Required

I have just been asked the question that every father dreads being asked by their son - "Why do you hate Ipswich?"

Now normally, for such delicate questions, the answer is simple - go ask your mother, but as she can not understand football, this question is one that i must answer myself.

Now, bearing in mind that my son is just 5 years old, how do i (in simple child terms) answer such a delicate question?

I have tried explaining that they are like the nasty boy in your class to which he thinks i should tell my teacher that Ipswich are being nasty. That analogy didnt work too well. I have tried explaining that there are some teams you always want to beat because it makes you feel good which he responded "like drinking makes you feel good". Maybe he''s catching on quicker than i thought.

But still he persists in asking why i hate Ipswich because i keep telling him that it is not right to hate anyone.

Help from other parents who have had to deal with this difficult question would be really appreciated.

Thanks

take him for a drive down the A140, drive through scum town center, for about an hour.. say nothing.. just drive...

when you leave the boy should be shaking and in a cold sweat, simply look at him and say "and that son, is the reason i hate Ipswich"... trust me, he''ll understand!

jas :)

Son, think of it like this - Norwich are the humans, and Ipsh*t are the Daleks. The Human''s are good, the Daleks are bad. The Daleks haven''t beaten the Human''s in some time and due to massive excessive inbreeding they can''t go upstairs.

Tell him the truth - which is that you''re a silly Daddy hating a football team when there''s worse things in life to worry about.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

take him for a drive down the A140, drive through scum town center, for about an hour.. say nothing.. just drive...

when you leave the boy should be shaking and in a cold sweat, simply look at him and say "and that son, is the reason i hate Ipswich"... trust me, he''ll understand!

jas :)

[/quote]

After today''s shambles at Blackpool why not take your boy to our beloved Carrow Road. Sit there for about an hour...say nothing....just sit there.

When you leave his Dad should be shaking and in a cold sweat. Simply look at him and say, " And that son is the reason I beg you not to make the same mistake I did ".

Trust me he''ll understand.....