Sign in to follow this  
mat gore

Worthington Out ?!?!

I have to say that I''m more than upset at Saturday''s game, frankly it ruined my weekend.  This result hurt more than all the others this season put together.  Not just the result really as much as the manner of it.  Blackburn are truly hopeless and yet you knew they would equalise even with ten men.

Whats worrying me is not that we aren''t premiership class.  This season would have been much easier to take if we just weren''t good enough.  I think several times this season we have shown that we are capable of competing in this league but we ARE NOT competing in this league.

True we are only 1 point from safety which I would have settled for at the start of the seaon given our fixture list, the problem is I just can''t see a win coming.  A friend of mine at work asked a couple of months ago how I felt we were doing and I said I had mixed feelings.  He seemed to think we were going great guns.  My concern then was that its a different matter shutting up shop against a top team and battling for a point as heroic underdog to actually winning a game - I hadn''t seen anything to suggest we would be able to.  Worryingly now it looks like the confidence has gone and we can''t even shut up shop.  I fear the side of last year was much better than we are now.

All that said Nigel Worthington has done very well for us.  I remember 1.5 seasons ago everyone said he''d taken us as far as he could and he should go.  Thank god he didn''t.

However, please Nigel.  Please please rest Gary Holt, just give it a try.  Please try and get Helveg involved.  One of Fleming/Charlton need a rest.  Shackell has looked good, why not give him a try as over the last few games both Fleming and Charlton have been as awful as they were brilliant early in the season.  Please think more about the substitutions.  Against Man City bringing on Mcveigh almost cost us the game - Helveg was needed.  Again on Saturday the same mistake was made.  It might be a useful throw of the dice if we are a goal down with 5 mins to go but not a goal up !!  Brennan should surely be on the bench especially with Drury half fit.

For what its worth my team for the next two games would be

Green

Edworthy Fleming Shackell Drury

Helveg Safri Francis Huckerby

Mckenzie Svennson

with Ward, Muryne, Brennan, Jonson and Charlton on the bench.

We have to go for a win and I''m afraid for all Holt''s battling abilities he just doesn''t lend himself to that type of performance.

Message to the Worthy out brigade.  Yes he''s made and is making mistakes however, he''s learnt from his past mistakes and improved.    What we need now is for the fans to get behind the team and for Worthington to do a little listening as the learning curve is steep and he needs to make changes NOW.

[quote]I have to say that I''m more than upset at Saturday''s game, frankly it ruined my weekend. This result hurt more than all the others this season put together. Not just the result really as much as the...[/quote]

Helveg was truely awful against Everton on the right of midfield.  I wouldn''t drop Jonson now.  The guy is just starting to settle in and get better

[quote]Helveg was truely awful against Everton on the right of midfield. I wouldn''t drop Jonson now. The guy is just starting to settle in and get better[/quote]

While we''re at it, why don''t we just draw and quarter them all, plus the supporters for good measure.

Oh yeah, and new posters as well, they''re a real bloody pain!.

Sack Worthy?, get real, sacking is far too good for him.

Wizard what the hell are you talking about. Mat has made a good point not that I agree with all of it but he has given good reasoning to it and all you can come up with is a dumbass comment like that. What I would say is that this board needs more new posters like Myself and Mat who make comments with substance and maybe the exsiting serial posters should maybe find something else to do in Life.

Maybe see what else is going on in the outside world or maybe just get an education so that they can come up with some good arguments for debate rather than just slag off new posters and get cliquey with the other no lifes on here.

Oooh........Controversial. Kind of agree with Rob, I don''t agree with all Matt was saying but he has got some substance there and it wasn''t just a dumb post like Wizard has made it out to be.

Thanks.   

Actually we were all newbies once (for me, the end of last season) and the more the merrier.  Welcome to the board and all that.  I''m sure 1stW didn''t mean offence anyway, in fact he sounded like he was being a bit sarky or even getting into the old self-parody, so no worries there.

However, the main way you get to be a prolific poster is by being here a while, rather than not having a life as you suggest.  Also, again no offence but it must be said that the current intake of new posters sometimes sounds like the same person in multiple aliases, all backing himself up in excessively anguished screams of pain and frustration, which in my view would be highly appropriate if we were 19th in the Championship rather than the Prem.  (That doesn''t mean I''m exactly happy at the moment either, by the way!)

"message to the worthy out brigade"... That must be me then!! Im glad you acknowledge the fact worthy has made mistakes and it is continuing to do so. How long do you suggest he is allowed to make these mistakes?

He''s wasted what money we did have on a panic buy from Tottenham and no doubt if still in charge come January he will waste the rest on unproven premiership players who are no better than what we have. Unfortuanatly we will be so far adrift by then that even if he had thirty million to waste it would not be enough to get us to safety.

I truly believe the majority of the players in the squad have the ability and the quality to survive in this league. Unfortuanatly they are under the guidance of a manager who doesn''t have the ability to get the best out of them. Simon Charltons comments at the weekend suggest the players are starting to lose belief in themselves and once this happens and the confidence goes then the performances on the pitch will go downhill rapidly.

Do we want to be known as the worst premiership team ever? No, of course we don''t. But until the management is changed the only way we are going is down, down, down. A new manager breeds new confidence, fringe players get the chance they deserve and out of favour players get a new lease of life and the chance to prove their worth.

I''ll support my team every step of the way what ever league we''re in (i''ve never booed the team, not even on saturday) but i will not support a manager who i believe hasn''t got the quality to succeed in this league. Sorry if i''ve offended the "give worthy time" brigade, i know im in the minority but its just the way i feel. I have a sneaky feeling that in 2 weeks time the tide will have turned and the  "worthy out" brigade will be the majority!!

welcome to the board Rob

Aren''t you the guy that was sarcastic about one of my posts without detailing any points of your own, sorry if I''m wrong.

BTW ignore Wiz, he is either being extremely sarcastic or is having one of his bad days.  Not a good idea to call regular posters "other no lifes" with your 4th post, bet you''re real good at making firends, lol.

[quote]Wizard what the hell are you talking about. Mat has made a good point not that I agree with all of it but he has given good reasoning to it and all you can come up with is a dumbass comment like that....[/quote]

So:-   New Posters = Great      Serial Posters = Low life

I flinch when posters slag each other off (Great or Low life) but you are exceptional, having managed to slagg off the majority of this forum in one fell swoop, by your generalisation, just because you are upset by one poster.

So to the point , as I am obviously not a New Poster, I am therefore a low life.

I am willing to step up to your self admitted high level by inviting you to scrutinise my posts and show me where I am not constructive or reasoned !

With regards to Wiz he has upset us all at times, but we respond by addressing our complaint directly to him, not at the rest of the board. I would add that most of his comments a just veiled humour.

I assume you perused the Forum before getting involved, so if we are so bad why did you enter ?

Fancied an evangelistic role no doubt !

[quote]Wizard what the hell are you talking about. Mat has made a good point not that I agree with all of it but he has given good reasoning to it and all you can come up with is a dumbass comment like that....[/quote]

Ain''t been on these boards long, have you Rob?.

I''m sick of the ''worthy out'' brigade, already gathering apace.

I laugh at how some of you newbie''s over react to certain posts, get a grip, quickly.

I''m amused that you have such a high opinion of yourself, because judging by your childlike reply, you have no right to be.

Its called irony, you may have heard of it before, IRONY.

So deal with it.

1st Wizard. A higher form of low life  

Congratulations Fatboy Slimfast on one of the most stupid posts I''ve ever read. I''m just hope you''re an Ipswich fan stirring it up.

Before Worthy, Norwich were a struggling club looking like they may slip down to the second division. He takes over, we stay up, go to the playoffs, challenge for the majority of the next season and then win it the next.

Now we''re in the Premier League and I think some people expect it to be like the first time we were there. In reality we''re now a very small club in comparison to others. It will take time to get to levels where we can compete financially, from what I''ve seen we are good enough to stay up. Christ if it comes down to Fulham away and we finish in 17th by a single point then that''s good enough for me and it should be for every other ''supporter'' of NCFC

Ain''t been on these boards long, have you Rob?.

Yet another total overreaction from a newbie poster (a disturbing trend) I''m amused that you have such a high opinion of yourself. Believe me, from the manner of your childlike reply, you have no right to be.

If anyone should get an education, then I suggest it is you. Educated in the sense that you start to study some of these boards, and ''serial posters'' replies.

Its called irony, I R O N Y. Remember it, you''ll see a lot of it on here.

I am sick of the anti Worthy posts already appearing on here. And I react with derision, ok?.

Now, deal with it my friend.

!st Wizard. A higher form of serial ''lowlife''.

Know it''s been said but well done to susie.  One of my fav posters.  Nice to see more of you.  As for the Wiz- He is a legend.  I can see how new posters could react to some of his posts but he is still an absolute legend!

I cannot believe I''ve missed my milestone!  Without you guys and gals pointing it out I never would have known!  There - that''s the problem being a low life like me...you see the trivial stuff at grasshopper knee height and miss out on the important things at Crouchy head height all the time!!!

Thanks all for your kind words too.

[quote]I cannot believe I''ve missed my milestone! Without you guys and gals pointing it out I never would have known! There - that''s the problem being a low life like me...you see the trivial stuff at gras...[/quote]

I take my pointy hat off to you Susie, superb effort, bloody well done my friend.

DD: Thanks for your kind words.

How did I manage to post two posts though?, Must be a kind of magic I guess.

[quote]Congratulations Fatboy Slimfast on one of the most stupid posts I''ve ever read. I''m just hope you''re an Ipswich fan stirring it up. Before Worthy, Norwich were a struggling club looking like they may...[/quote]

Excellent stuff ncfc4prem!! Of course im an Ipswich fan just on here to stir things up!! How could anyone possibly have a different opinion to you without being a binner in disguise!! Get real will you and just accept that a small minority of city fans have lost faith in mr Worthington and feel its time for a change.

For your imformation i have never denied that worthy has done a fantastic job over the last few years. Of course he has, im the first to acknowledge that. I just feel that he has reached the peak of his ability. He''s done the best he possibly can, unfortuanatly that is not good enough in this league. If we were to get relegated tommorow then i would have no hesitation in leaving worthy in charge to get us promoted again.

Fortuanatly for us the season doesn''t end tommorow and i believe there is long enough left in the season for a new manager,and the same players under a different guidence, to steer us away from relegation and avoid putting us through the misery of div 1 football again.

Well said Fatboy Slimfast. I agree with every word you said about Worthy and I am not a binner either. Just a Norwich City season holder for more years than I care to remember.

Ok I admit I over reacted yesterday in reply to wizards reply to the 1st post on this thread.

I apologise for saying what I did regarding the established posters on this site which was uncalled for. I do stand by my comment regarding the clickeyness which other posters agree is apparent on these boards but i guess you get that anywhere.

By the way I agree with you on that one Fatboy Slimfast and thats not for the first time.

[quote]Ok I admit I over reacted yesterday in reply to wizards reply to the 1st post on this thread. I apologise for saying what I did regarding the established posters on this site which was uncalled for....[/quote]

rob

as one of the serial "so sad she hasn''t got a life" posters i feel i should reply to some of your points

yes, boards can get cliquey - i have been on a few in my time and appreciate what you mean, that doesn''t mean to say anyone is deliberately ignored just because they aren''t up to 500 posts or more, some of us have been on here for years and have opportunity to post all day - some of us don''t.  That doesn''t mean anyone is better than anyone else

i happen to have met a lot of people on this board (and even more from another norwich msg board) and all are truly nice people, it is somehow easier to talk to people you have met, or have swapped insults or banter with for ages - don''t let it cloud your judgement as to whether or not we are sad, indifferent or whatever - i hope anyone who is new to this board feels welcome and able to put across their point of view without personal insults flying their way.  Inevitably it happens, has happened to me quite a lot!  But you have to remember that we are all norwich fans who love our team, we just have different opinions, that''s all

How can you even think of getting a rid of worthy after what he has done for us?!?

[quote]Ok I admit I over reacted yesterday in reply to wizards reply to the 1st post on this thread. I apologise for saying what I did regarding the established posters on this site which was uncalled for....[/quote]

Rob: I''ve always said its takes a big man to admit that they may have been a little hasty in replying to a particular post, hell, I''ve had to do it more times now, then I care to remember!.

Anyways, thanks for saying it mate, it is appreciated, and welcome to the boards.

I know you''ll enjoy it here, despite the odd ''ding dong'' now and again!. Because at the end of the day, we''re all city supporters, yes?.