Sign in to follow this  
Dom

DEAN ASHTON...

...Surely this guy is worth a gamble. He is cobnsistantly scoring goals in a poor side, and isn''t in the England U-21 for no reason.

Granted he has no Premiership experience, but realistically who can we buy with our money, who has.

You never know, he may surprise a few people.

A simple solution to our striker problems

In the options menu go to create or edit player

Simply find the player you wish to change the atributes for

Put them all up to 100% Then we have the perfect squad

Even the Holt haters out there will see a change of form

If only it was that easy!

I think most on this board have a lot of time for Ashton for the very reasons you state. Unfortunately the cat is out of the bag as several premier clubs are now being linked with him and the asking price is now about £3m apparently. Scoring goals in a poor championship team is one thing - scoring them in a poor premier team is another challenge altogether.

Do we even have and if we do will we risk that amount on a talented youngster who may not deliver quick enough to save us from the drop?

I think he is the right player - but how do we get him if we dont have the cash? A player swap or sell greeno?

OTBC

[quote]I think most on this board have a lot of time for Ashton for the very reasons you state. Unfortunately the cat is out of the bag as several premier clubs are now being linked with him and the asking p...[/quote]

swap greeno for an untried striker in the prem?  not on your life!  If things get really bad, and i mean worse than saturday (if that is possible) then the one player who will keep us within any safety margin is greeno

we have players who can score goals at this club, what we don''t have is a system of making sure this is so, ie a decent midfield distribution service to them.  Leon and Svensson and Hucks are every bit as good as Ashton and we already have them.  Our destiny is in our own hands, i hope the coaching staff think long and hard about what happened on saturday, and at Man City and start to:

• play people in their natural/preferred positions
  • balls to feet
  • learn how to pass to each other, costs nothing except effort and (arrrggghhh work rate)
  • don''t defend so deep
  • don''t play people unless fully fit
  • remember the shirt
  • play for 90+ minutes

none of the above cost anything in the transfer window - blindly spending money is not the magic answer, we have to start to adapt to where we are and start to play proper footie, sorry i know i keep saying this, but what is the use of a £3m striker if he is marooned in the box and the ball is a mile high in the sky?  Lost possession and back towards our box or a pin point cross for a goal?  Well yes, we all know the answer.  How many times this season  have we just given away possession by needless punts up the field.  We don''t have a target man (thank the lord!) so shall we begin again and play football the way it should be played.  It is in our anthem for god''s sake.....