Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Fans Ask For Failure Everytime!

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="whoareyou"]Is it correct that those who have renewed can claim 15% back if we are relegated?[/quote]

I believe in theory yes, in practice though?[:|]

[/quote]

Can you explain that statement?

[/quote]

No explanation needed, I believe, it''ll be near impossible to get a refund from the masters of spin.............just wait and see.

Surely an investor would be more likely (I like to dream) to come in with the knowledge that they are backing a well-supported club with plenty of ticket sales?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="whoareyou"]Is it correct that those who have renewed can claim 15% back if we are relegated?[/quote]

I believe in theory yes, in practice though?[:|]

[/quote]

Can you explain that statement?

[/quote]

No explanation needed, I believe, it''ll be near impossible to get a refund from the masters of spin.............just wait and see.

[/quote]

So its just something you made up.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="pennywise "]its easy to make a stand about not going to games when you don`t go anyway..17,000 people obviously like attending and want to as cheaply as possible [:D][/quote]

Am I correct in assuming your posts are made in bold because people usually ignore them?
[/quote]

obviously works lol [:D]

I do understand what 1st wizard is saying and there''s no doubt Delia and co will be relieved at the numbers. But nobody knows what will happen next season. Look at Hull, they almost got relegated a couple of seasons ago and they went on to get promoted (almost automatically). Do you think the fans who renewed their tickets at the time would''ve dreamed of such an occurance? You can obviously argue that they had more quality in the squad but it''s still something to think about.

Besides, there''s actually been some exciting moments at Carrow Road this season amongst all the doom and gloom. The 5-2 win over Wolves, the derby day triumph over Ipswich and the thumping of Barnsley in Gunny''s first game in charge. There''s been some shoddy performances obviously but these three matches in particular were all brilliant and in the case of the first two quite memorable. Who knows, there may even be more memorable moments to come before the 08/09 season is out.

To be honest I don''t think anyone has the right to criticize people for going to matches or not going to matches as to be it''s personal choice, if people renew their season ticket good on them, if they don''t they obviously have their reasons and good luck to them to. I dont think it''s anyones place to pass judgement or throw insults at people for what they do or dont do with their money.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="jbghost"]

This ridiculous insult throwing at people who have renewed (17,000 of us) really is getting very tiresome and boring.

I am one of the 17,000 (actually I am 4 of them if we are counting tickets) and my renewing is simply based on 2 facts.

1. I enjoy watching Norwich play home and away and meeting friends for a beer or two.

2. If I''m going to renew I will do it at the least cost to myself.

[/quote]

I''d love to find a place in my heart to say that I admire your martyrdom, but I simply can''t. I guess I''m too much of a sensible realist.[/quote]You''re too much of a something...

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CID"]

Too right , mon ami [H]

Armchair supporters ? - worth their weight in gold ,bless''em

[/quote]

Fair point CID, but my debit card disagrees with you, this season alone, I''ve spent more than I can afford to on City, £100''s plus, but no more, not until there are boardroom changes.

I have other interests thankfully and my spare cash will go there now!

[/quote]

............and no-one should ever dare criticise you, Wiz,  for exercising your right as a citizen of our fiercely-guarded democracy to splash your cash as you see fit  [;)]

Personally,I''ll exercise my democratic right by continuing,through the turnstile, to support the club I''ve loved for 50 years ,for better or worse . If any-one thinks that I''m a deluded t**t for doing so ,then I can only wish them well as they pursue their myriad other interests on a Saturday afternoon(or Sunday ,Tuesday,Friday - whatever) [<:o)]

Agree with Wiz, city fans deserve everything they get from now on, you can make all the excuses you like renewers you have given this board of numpties the green light to carry on taking us down the tubes, well done and good luck.

Thing is, nothing is as black and white as ''season ticket sale = you back the board''If we do go down plenty of season ticket holders will be shouting for somebody''s head,  whether it be Doomy or the Smiths.  Time will tell in the next month or two.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="jbghost"]

This ridiculous insult throwing at people who have renewed (17,000 of us) really is getting very tiresome and boring.

I am one of the 17,000 (actually I am 4 of them if we are counting tickets) and my renewing is simply based on 2 facts.

1. I enjoy watching Norwich play home and away and meeting friends for a beer or two.

[/quote]Exactly, I enjoy going as well, it''s a bit of time I can spend with my dad in the pub before the game and during the match.  I am such a fool for wanting to continue my support of the club Wiz?[/quote]

You could always spend more time with your dad by staying in the pub instead of going to the match.And yes, you are a fool - you''re not supporting the club - you''re lining the pockets of Delia & co whilst they''re content to see us playing the likes of Histon in a couple of seasons..[/quote]You may not like the amount of money they put in

but if you really think they''ve made a profit then you''re more stupid

than you appear, unlikely as that may seem.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

Exactly, I enjoy going as well, it''s a bit of time I can spend with my dad in the pub before the game and during the match.  I am such a fool for wanting to continue my support of the club Wiz?
[/quote]

You could always spend more time with your dad by staying in the pub instead of going to the match.

And yes, you are a fool - you''re not supporting the club - you''re lining the pockets of Delia & co whilst they''re content to see us playing the likes of Histon in a couple of seasons..
[/quote]do you and wiz actually read what you write ? what a load of old cr*p

[quote user="steve o"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

Exactly, I enjoy going as well, it''s a bit of time I can spend with my dad in the pub before the game and during the match.  I am such a fool for wanting to continue my support of the club Wiz?
[/quote]

You could always spend more time with your dad by staying in the pub instead of going to the match.

And yes, you are a fool - you''re not supporting the club - you''re lining the pockets of Delia & co whilst they''re content to see us playing the likes of Histon in a couple of seasons..
[/quote]do you and wiz actually read what you write ? what a load of old cr*p[/quote]

So if you know this already Steve, why read it?

If you shout really really loudly from your dining room wiz, Doncaster might hear you on a matchday.....

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Everybody look at me!!!! [:D][/quote]

Pathetic reply MP, is that your best? I guess so, when you have so little defence against it![:|]

[/quote]

I must say I''m incredibly disappointed by your lack of sense of humour. I thought that was something that you did have. [:O]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="steve o"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]do you and wiz actually read what you write ? what a load of old cr*p[/quote]

So if you know this already Steve, why read it?

[/quote]know what?

[quote user="Fellas"]If you shout really really loudly from your dining room wiz, Doncaster might hear you on a matchday.....
[/quote]

Ah, at last, the old I''m a better supporter routine![:|]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Pathetic reply MP, is that your best? I guess so, when you have so little defence against it![:|]

[/quote]

I must say I''m incredibly disappointed by your lack of sense of humour. I thought that was something that you did have. [:O]

[/quote]

Its wearing a bit thin just lately MP.[:(]

I was a Norwich fan long before Delia was wearing her big blue sc*m rossette on TV in the build up to their 1978 FA cup final appearance and will be a Norwich fan long after shes and her croonies have gone!

No one person is bigger than this club end of!

Supporting Norwich City FC and going to home games are what I''ve done for most of my life and will continue to do so until the day I die, so myself renewing early doesn''t indicate I''m happy with our predicament - no sane Norwich fan would!

That said I do know that a mass reduction in crowd levels at Carrow Road would open up eyes in the board more than anything other than relegation.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its wearing a bit thin just lately MP.[:(]

[/quote]You know what else is wearing thin? Being told I''m stupid/a fool/not a real supporter for renewing my season ticket. I go because I love the game and I love the club. However badly we mayh play I still love turning up in the city having a couple of beers with my dear old dad watching the game and disecting the performance on the way home. Sorry I''m not as militant as you all but I''m not sacrificing something I rather enjoy to make a point and martyr myself.

Maybe, just maybe people are loyal enough to the CLUB (not the board neccessarily) to want to be a part of whatever goes on at Carrow Road next year.

This is far from letting the Board off the hook, as there''s absolutely no reason why they will not feel alot of displeasure if/when things are proven to have gone wrong. I would still expect protests of some sort to occur if we are relegated, although this doesnt mean people should refuse to renew their season tickets.

Maybe we should focus on the positive that there are 17,000 people who are still willing to back the CLUB (again, not neccessarily the board) in such bad times for both football and the economy?

Maybe (due to the economy) people are short of cash so have little option but to renew ASAP in order to simply be able to attend next season regardless of division.

Maybe a post by someone who rarely (if ever) goes to Carrow Road which slags off 17,000 people forking out a hell of alot of cash to help the club during such time is an ill-advised move?

I''m terifically sorry if I (and 16,999 others) have ruined your plan Wiz, but maybe despite a shocking decline in this club, we are still drawn to it? I have to stress again, that this is no indication at all of the Board being let off the hook.

We shall see more if the worst happens and we are relegated, but to criticise people for renewing season tickets is disgraceful.

All that said, Doncaster''s "Gunn got us the tickets" line in the EDP was massively infuriating, and sums up why I wish for a new board. However, blaming season ticket holders is ridiculous, as without them the club would have no chance.

[quote user="Fellas"]If you shout really really loudly from your dining room wiz, Doncaster might hear you on a matchday.....
[/quote]

[/quote]

Which you started in the original post, by slagging off season ticket holders who have renewed - basically?

Did you not? Someone clarify please?

So if we go down then nobody should renew their season tickets, but if we get promoted and start playing good football then everybody should buy season tickets again.... surely that''s glory hunting.

People support their team through thick and thin, you can''t sop them.

Don''t try and be logical, James. He''ll just get frustrated and upset.

Surely this has to win an award for ''Most Pathetic and Ill Thought Out Post on An Internet Forum, Anytime, Ever''?

[quote user="Fellas"]If you shout really really loudly from your dining room wiz, Doncaster might hear you on a matchday..... [/quote]

[/quote]Hehehe, I wouldn''t sink that low wiz. What message are you sending to the board by not re-newing the season ticket that you don''t have and will have?

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Maybe, just maybe people are loyal enough to the CLUB (not the board neccessarily) to want to be a part of whatever goes on at Carrow Road next year.

This is far from letting the Board off the hook, as there''s absolutely no reason why they will not feel alot of displeasure if/when things are proven to have gone wrong. I would still expect protests of some sort to occur if we are relegated, although this doesnt mean people should refuse to renew their season tickets.

Maybe we should focus on the positive that there are 17,000 people who are still willing to back the CLUB (again, not neccessarily the board) in such bad times for both football and the economy?

Maybe (due to the economy) people are short of cash so have little option but to renew ASAP in order to simply be able to attend next season regardless of division.

Maybe a post by someone who rarely (if ever) goes to Carrow Road which slags off 17,000 people forking out a hell of alot of cash to help the club during such time is an ill-advised move?

I''m terifically sorry if I (and 16,999 others) have ruined your plan Wiz, but maybe despite a shocking decline in this club, we are still drawn to it? I have to stress again, that this is no indication at all of the Board being let off the hook.

We shall see more if the worst happens and we are relegated, but to criticise people for renewing season tickets is disgraceful.

All that said, Doncaster''s "Gunn got us the tickets" line in the EDP was massively infuriating, and sums up why I wish for a new board. However, blaming season ticket holders is ridiculous, as without them the club would have no chance.[/quote]While I admire your willingness to back the CLUB and not the BOARD, can I just point out that it is the BOARD that will squander the cash you intend for the CLUB?After all, the last 4 seasons of backing the club have just encouraged the board to waste all the money and then plead poverty.

Okay, tin hat time.

By renewing their season tickets promptly and without so much as a wimper, City fans have just given the green light to a failing board of directors.

Do you really think any investment will be made into the team now once they''ve got their hands on your hard earned money?...if you say yes, then sorry, you''re deluding your poor self.

Smith,  Doncaster and the clan must be wetting themselves at the fans empty threats now.

I should, I know, admire loyality, but in this instance and in light of the many poor manager appointments, prudence on top of yet more prudence, lack of our own player signings...............stupidity at worse and missguided at best, is my reaction to the latest season ticket sales figures.

And I can''t admire that.

Still, you''ve made your own bed................................

[/quote]

First Wizard you need to be careful with the word prudence, I don’t post much but I read daily and your posts aren’t exactly the most forethought. I renewed my season ticket because I love this football club and I enjoy watching football on Saturday afternoon. Plain and simple!!!  So bored of your mindless posts……

Okay, tin hat time.

By renewing their season tickets promptly and without so much as a wimper, City fans have just given the green light to a failing board of directors.

[/quote]By renewing their season tickets promptly, loyal City fans have shown that they support their side through the disappointing times as well as the good.My spin versus yours.

Some people would prefer to spend £15-£20 on a footie match, rather than standing in a pub pouring the equivalent amount of piss down their necks.  (another angle)