Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Fans Ask For Failure Everytime!

Okay, tin hat time.

By renewing their season tickets promptly and without so much as a wimper, City fans have just given the green light to a failing board of directors.

Do you really think any investment will be made into the team now once they''ve got their hands on your hard earned money?...if you say yes, then sorry, you''re deluding your poor self.

Smith,  Doncaster and the clan must be wetting themselves at the fans empty threats now.

I should, I know, admire loyality, but in this instance and in light of the many poor manager appointments, prudence on top of yet more prudence, lack of our own player signings...............stupidity at worse and missguided at best, is my reaction to the latest season ticket sales figures.

And I can''t admire that.

Still, you''ve made your own bed................................

[quote user="whoareyou"]Is it correct that those who have renewed can claim 15% back if we are relegated?[/quote]

I believe in theory yes, in practice though?[:|]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Everybody look at me!!!! [:D][/quote]

Pathetic reply MP, is that your best? I guess so, when you have so little defence against it![:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Okay, tin hat time.

By renewing their season tickets promptly and without so much as a wimper, City fans have just given the green light to a failing board of directors.

Do you really think any investment will be made into the team now once they''ve got their hands on your hard earned money?...if you say yes, then sorry, you''re deluding your poor self.

Smith,  Doncaster and the clan must be wetting themselves at the fans empty threats now.

I should, I know, admire loyality, but in this instance and in light of the many poor manager appointments, prudence on top of yet more prudence, lack of our own player signings...............stupidity at worse and missguided at best, is my reaction to the latest season ticket sales figures.

[/quote]

There''s absolutely no use in trying to get these so-called supporters to see sense, Wiz - they are the type of people/fans who will see having the best attendances in Division Three as some kind of achievement.

Okay, tin hat time.

[/quote]

the problem quite simply though is if these loyal fans didnt renew then this club would be in a far worse situation - if we went down with only 9000 season ticket holdersd imagine the financial implication we would be under. at least with this many season ticket holders we may be able to keep the likes of wes hoolahan and sammy clingan for league one.

Okay, tin hat time.

[/quote]Maybe this all something a lot less sinister called supporting your team...... Hmmmm

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Okay, tin hat time.

[/quote]

the problem quite simply though is if these loyal fans didnt renew then this club would be in a far worse situation - if we went down with only 9000 season ticket holdersd imagine the financial implication we would be under. at least with this many season ticket holders we may be able to keep the likes of wes hoolahan and sammy clingan for league one.

[/quote]

Do you honestly, in you heart, believe that Lincoln?[:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Okay, tin hat time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d be stunned if we managed to keep hold of Sammy and Wes if we get relegated. In fact I''d be suprised if we keep Clingan even if we do stay up. Lincons point is quite valid though, the club would be far worse of without the "loyalty" of our supporters. If everyone done what you are suggesting Wiz the club would cease to exist.

[quote user="Georgie Bless"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Okay, tin hat time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d be stunned if we managed to keep hold of Sammy and Wes if we get relegated. In fact I''d be suprised if we keep Clingan even if we do stay up. Lincons point is quite valid though, the club would be far worse of without the "loyalty" of our supporters. If everyone done what you are suggesting Wiz the club would cease to exist.

[/quote]

Unlikely scenario GB, no English pro club has ever gone to the wall, however, Smith and Co might sod off![Y]

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Okay, tin hat time.

[/quote]Maybe this all something a lot less sinister called supporting your team...... Hmmmm[/quote]I don''t know fellas, in Wiz''s eyes that''s sinister enough!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Georgie Bless"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Okay, tin hat time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Unlikely scenario GB, no English pro club has ever gone to the wall, however, Smith and Co might sod off![Y]

[/quote]

But I also can''t remember many English pro clubs who have played in an empty stadium (without some misdemeanour). I can see your point Wiz, we all know thing''s aren''t right at the club. We all would like to see Smith and the rest gone, however if no-one turns up to watch us we''re hardly going to be an attractive option for potential investors/owners.

[quote user="Georgie Bless"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Georgie Bless"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Okay, tin hat time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But I also can''t remember many English pro clubs who have played in an empty stadium (without some misdemeanour). I can see your point Wiz, we all know thing''s aren''t right at the club. We all would like to see Smith and the rest gone, however if no-one turns up to watch us we''re hardly going to be an attractive option for potential investors/owners.

[/quote]

Regardless Georgie, there will aways be a hard core of 10,000 fans, and some teams are doing very well on that figure...........and in our league too!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Okay, tin hat time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i would like to think that the players who took us down have the decency and show some loyalty to at least give it one season to get us back up. afterall if they managed to finish in the bottom three then they are only league 1 standard afterall. But anyway the club is in a position to reject offers rahter then selling for pittance to clear the wage bill.

i really hope wes stays, i think deep down he really wants to do well here and would only go if the club told him to

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Georgie Bless"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Georgie Bless"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Okay, tin hat time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Regardless Georgie, there will aways be a hard core of 10,000 fans, and some teams are doing very well on that figure...........and in our league too!

[/quote]

Exactly and we rely on that hardcore to keep the club afloat. You are correct in what you say that other clubs survive better on less attendances which goes to show that the club has been run poorly for quite some time, but I just don''t understand the thinking that things will improve if renewals go down. The tough reality is we are probably, like it or not, going to be stuck with Delia and Co for a while, certainly til the global financial crisis has stabilized. There are alot of clubs (more fashionable) looking for new owners/investors out there with little luck and now is probably not the time to be buying a football club [:(]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Georgie Bless"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Georgie Bless"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Okay, tin hat time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly and we rely on that hardcore to keep the club afloat. You are correct in what you say that other clubs survive better on less attendances which goes to show that the club has been run poorly for quite some time, but I just don''t understand the thinking that things will improve if renewals go down. The tough reality is we are probably, like it or not, going to be stuck with Delia and Co for a while, certainly til the global financial crisis has stabilized. There are alot of clubs (more fashionable) looking for new owners/investors out there with little luck and now is probably not the time to be buying a football club [:(]

its easy to make a stand about not going to games when you don`t go anyway..17,000 people obviously like attending and want to as cheaply as possible [:D]

Okay, tin hat time.

[/quote]NO wiz...we have just backed our team as always...renewing has nothing to do with the board just loyalty to the team we love...if things continue im sure there will be protests inside and outside carra road...as i do agree with empty seats would probably be the best way to protest against the board but it would not help NCFC over all financially

Too right , mon ami [H]

Armchair supporters ? - worth their weight in gold ,bless''em

This ridiculous insult throwing at people who have renewed (17,000 of us) really is getting very tiresome and boring.

I am one of the 17,000 (actually I am 4 of them if we are counting tickets) and my renewing is simply based on 2 facts.

1. I enjoy watching Norwich play home and away and meeting friends for a beer or two.

2. If I''m going to renew I will do it at the least cost to myself.

[quote user="pennywise "]its easy to make a stand about not going to games when you don`t go anyway..17,000 people obviously like attending and want to as cheaply as possible [:D][/quote]

Am I correct in assuming your posts are made in bold because people usually ignore them?

[quote user="jbghost"]

This ridiculous insult throwing at people who have renewed (17,000 of us) really is getting very tiresome and boring.

I am one of the 17,000 (actually I am 4 of them if we are counting tickets) and my renewing is simply based on 2 facts.

1. I enjoy watching Norwich play home and away and meeting friends for a beer or two.

[/quote]Exactly, I enjoy going as well, it''s a bit of time I can spend with my dad in the pub before the game and during the match.  I am such a fool for wanting to continue my support of the club Wiz?

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

I''d love to find a place in my heart to say that I admire your martyrdom, but I simply can''t. I guess I''m too much of a sensible realist.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="pennywise "]its easy to make a stand about not going to games when you don`t go anyway..17,000 people obviously like attending and want to as cheaply as possible [:D][/quote]

Am I correct in assuming your posts are made in bold because people usually ignore them?
[/quote]

YES

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Georgie Bless"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Okay, tin hat time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Wiz, do I have to point this out EVERY TIME??? You are conveniently forgetting Middlesbrough Ironopolis!!!

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]Exactly, I enjoy going as well, it''s a bit of time I can spend with my dad in the pub before the game and during the match.  I am such a fool for wanting to continue my support of the club Wiz?[/quote]

You could always spend more time with your dad by staying in the pub instead of going to the match.And yes, you are a fool - you''re not supporting the club - you''re lining the pockets of Delia & co whilst they''re content to see us playing the likes of Histon in a couple of seasons..

[quote user="CID"]

Too right , mon ami [H]

Armchair supporters ? - worth their weight in gold ,bless''em

[/quote]

Fair point CID, but my debit card disagrees with you, this season alone, I''ve spent more than I can afford to on City, £100''s plus, but no more, not until there are boardroom changes.

I have other interests thankfully and my spare cash will go there now!

[quote user="whoareyou"]Is it correct that those who have renewed can claim 15% back if we are relegated?[/quote]

I believe in theory yes, in practice though?[:|]

[/quote]

Can you explain that statement?