Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

50 years on.........

The last time i saw Norwich in the 3rd division, it was when i was a Southend supporter at Roots Hall. 50 years on, and i''ll be watching us play Southend as a Norwich supporter at Carrow Road. How times change over the years. 

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]

The last time i saw Norwich in the 3rd division, it was when i was a Southend supporter at Roots Hall. 50 years on, and i''ll be watching us play Southend as a Norwich supporter at Carrow Road. How times change over the years. 

[/quote]

I remember the game against Southend that confirmed our promotion from Div 3 in the 59/60 season.

We won 4-3 in a cracking midweek game. Billy Punton and Terry Allcock were awesome that evening.

Never thought I''d see Div 3 again but looking odds on now.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Canarygeorge"]

[/quote]

I remember the game against Southend that confirmed our promotion from Div 3 in the 59/60 season.

We won 4-3 in a cracking midweek game. Billy Punton and Terry Allcock were awesome that evening.

[/quote]

I think you are like me Ricardo,do not expect we have time to wait for promotion to the 2nd div again[:D]

I''m sure we will do our best!!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Canarygeorge"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you are like me Ricardo,do not expect we have time to wait for promotion to the 2nd div again[:D]

[/quote]

A sad thought Butler. It''s been a great ride this last 50 years but tanks are empty now.

It will be a long hard road back and perhaps too long for you and me.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Canarygeorge"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A sad thought Butler. It''s been a great ride this last 50 years but tanks are empty now.

It will be a long hard road back and perhaps too long for you and me.

[/quote]

That''s the trouble Ricardo, I just feel totally numb. Can''t shout or get angry about it any more. It seems so inevitable, the decline has been a long time happening and eventually when your worst fears for your club are realized you feel .................I just don''t know how to express it.

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]

[/quote]

I''ve wasted 52 years of my life following this ****

Thanks Smith!

I too am a long time fan of this club. Earliest recall of matches is 1962 so we had been out of the old third division 2-3 years. I also think we''ll be down there a long time and may have a battle to avoid dropping straight through to league two. I''m long past being angry as I have felt for a long time we are going down and it''s just a matter of playing out the games.

I am, in a peverse way, looking forward to next season. An opportunity to get behind our young players, players actually contracted on a permanent basis with the club and visiting grounds I haven''t been to before. I hope Rochdale and Shrewsbury make it up from league two as I wish to add these to my grounds visited and Rochdale reputedly have the best pies in English football. Well you have to look forward to something because we all know that City will probably lose.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canarygeorge"]

[/quote]

I''ve wasted 52 years of my life following this ****

Thanks Smith!

[/quote]

Now Now Wiz, some of  ''em were good years. Not many under this crowd admittedly, but some very good years in the last 52.

On a serious note though, I do believe that we have seen the best of it and it will be a long old time before we grace the top division again.

At least we''ve got stories for the grand children. LOL

Its so depressing, I saw my first match in 1956 when I was 8, saw most of the games in the cup run and have fond memories of getting promoted with the Saints now it looks like we are going back down with them. Charlton were the club we aspired to emulate, never did I think it would be by getting relegated to the old third. I was born in Suffolk but with green and yellow blood in my veins and I''ll die with it, there were not a lot of scum supporters if any, in the Lowestoft area until 1960 when suddenly they appeared! I wonder why? Now I live in Shropshire I want people to understand the hurt goes far beyond Norfolk,. The people who have let down some of the best and most loyal fans in the World, I hope they are ashamed.