Sign in to follow this  
Lambo

The most frustrating thing for me is...

... we''re not that far behind the sides outside the relagation spots. 5 points behind Forest who, with Barnsley''s 3 games in hand are the team i feel we need to overhaul to stay up right now for the simple fact if Barnsley pick up points in those games would be the team sitting just outside the drop zone.

In terms of Maths we have a good chance of staying up 5 points with 9 games to play, but after performances like today you have to wonder wether the boys will even bother trying to make up what is far from an unassaible gap.

Agreed. There''s nothing stopping us bridging the gap and in previous seasons I think we''d have had confidence that we could do it, but the squad has been so systematically ravaged over season after season that this year is a bridge too far.

The players have to want it and too many don''t. They have all the durability and consistency of tramp p*ss.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

Agreed. There''s nothing stopping us bridging the gap and in previous seasons I think we''d have had confidence that we could do it, but the squad has been so systematically ravaged over season after season that this year is a bridge too far.

The players have to want it and too many don''t. They have all the durability and consistency of tramp p*ss.

[/quote]

Disagree its not about wanting it the fact is the players are not good enough, if you dont invest in playing assets you struggle. It is no coincidence that Charlton/Southampton are also in the drop zone also lack of ivestment and loans!

You get what you pay for, pay peanuts you get monkeys!

The problem is at the moment is confidence. No doubt in my mind we have enough quality to stay up but its about sticking together and fighting for the cause. Too many games this season we just havent turned up and i think they might come back to haunt us.