Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

Is that all

Is that all city fans can talk about Darren Huckerby, I agree he is exciting and has done more for the confidence of the team than the sports therapist. But honestly I am getting a little fed up with all the rumours, talk and ideas.. We have a whole team to support and talk about.. one player doesn''t make a team. I am going to delete most of the posts on my forum to do with the subject...http://carrowroad.net/invision/index.php

Sorry Kennyf. but these are exciting days and we must enjoy them while we can. It''s been a long time a comin''.
If, however, you want another subject and I always like a good moan...........Can anyone tell me how Sutch (there I''ve mentioned him) could hold on to a first team place for all those years when me and my mates always said he wasn''t fit to play for Oulton Broad never mind a Premier team!
Bearing in mind this footballer(?) should still be in the prime of his football life but could not hold down a place in a rank Southend team and has now climbed to the dizzy heights of substitute for Boston Utd reserves.
It''s not that he is and was a very poor player it was the way he use to con his managers. Chickening out of tackles but making it look as if he had really tried. Pointing his finger at corners whilst defending making it look as if he was organising the defence. Big joke - we use to watch his mouth to see if he was actually saying anything - not a thing passed his lips. OK it''s not his fault various managers were taken in but he still was responsible for many disasters during his reign - and I don''t need to mention his last curtain call. At all our major dissappointments there was Sutch in the middle of it. Whether it was Sunderland FA Cup semi final, San Siro stadium or continual slides down the leagues particularly away from home. If that wasn''t enough his prodigy Llewellyn joined him in the ranks for an almost unbroken period of two years. Yep! we played, in effect, with nine men in those dark days.
Even Sutch had a couple of good games over his tortuous decade with the super greens. I can remember his spell in goal, his goal he scored against Bradford and finally his pinacle, the goal that put us top of the league when playing Aston Villa.
So, Kenny, you do your own thing. Me? I''m loving every moment of watching a team that at times is very exciting, to a man they give 100% and once again after many years I can say I''m really proud of our club including fans players and board (Well not sure about Doomcaster!)
Hey! I''m right in the middle of the binners here and even they are giving us grudging respect now.
Right rant over. Now going to bed!

hey don''t get me wrong.. I am excited as the next man, I have been truding down carrow road since the 60s, and believe me it was easier to stay at home then travel the 25 miles or so to see what can only be desribed as trash, but now'' like certain other times it is not a trudge...I can''t wait to get there...
It is to see the team... I admire Hucks and think we are the better for him, but there are other players who deserve the attention as much....like Hendo two brill finishes without him on the end Hucks crosses would have been nothing and viceaversa... Mcveigh starting to show last seasons form.. Crouch a first class player ....Mulryne spraying the ball about..Fleming putting in probally the best of his time here.. and so on.

I am not anti Hucks or anything..just think others deserve attention too.. and sincerely hope we can get him and crouch too