Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

WE LOVE YOU DELIA WE DO............

I have the utmost respect for this board. I''ve never seen any board work harder. Sometimes sh!t happens.....

She''s outstayed her tenure.She and the rest of the board need to sell up, their shares are now worthless thanks to to their own incompetence.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]She''s outstayed her tenure.She and the rest of the board need to sell up, their shares are now worthless thanks to to their own incompetence.[/quote]Sell to......??  Wakey wakey

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]She''s outstayed her tenure.She and the rest of the board need to sell up, their shares are now worthless thanks to to their own incompetence.[/quote]Sell to......??  Wakey wakey[/quote]Club aint worth £56million, never was.She comes out, in a statement, and says "the club''s yours if you take on the debt".At least we have a better chance then of finding someone.

[quote user="IBA"]I have the utmost respect for this board. I''ve never seen any board work harder. Sometimes sh!t happens.....
[/quote]

Muppet!

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]She''s outstayed her tenure.
She and the rest of the board need to sell up, their shares are now worthless thanks to to their own incompetence.
[/quote]

Sell to......??  Wakey wakey
[/quote]

if we go into administration, the administrators will find a buyer for the football club (Delia will be lucky if she gets £100,000 back for it)... how come they will be able to do in what will, probably, be a few months what our board have failed to do in the last few years?

Because our board are incompetent, thats how... Delia basically took the club off the market by saying she wouldnt sell to anyone who wasnt local... she was going to sell the club to the turners.. any idiot could see that... the events that transpired we all know.....

My opinion is the Turners left because Delia publically came out and said she was seeking a buyer.. they didnt like it... the rest is history....

jas :)

So give us the names of the people who will put money in the club, the name of the manager who will buy the players, and the names of the players who will guarantee success for us.  The beauty and the pain of football is that nothing is certain.  To criticise is easy but to offer credible solutions is harder.  The board may have made mistakes in appointing managers but what board haven''t.  They have left the playing side to the managers for better or worse.  So come on then give us names we can agree on, thrill to, and give us success in the poisoned chalice that is the Premier League.

[quote user="IBA"]I have the utmost respect for this board. I''ve never seen any board work harder. Sometimes sh!t happens.....[/quote]Sh!t especially happens to those who invite it.  I have been patient, but major mistake after mistake cannot be easily forgiven.- Not investing in the prem season- Holding on to Worthy for too long- Appointing an untried and untested manager to replace him once they''d got around to replacing Worthy- Keeping hold of Roeder beyond 1 season- Appointing an untried and untested manager to replace him once....hang on haven''t we already been hereSorry, through a host of mistakes this board have invited all of the sh!t that has befallen this club.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]She''s outstayed her tenure.
She and the rest of the board need to sell up, their shares are now worthless thanks to to their own incompetence.
[/quote]

Sell to......??  Wakey wakey
[/quote]

if we go into administration, the administrators will find a buyer for the football club (Delia will be lucky if she gets £100,000 back for it)... how come they will be able to do in what will, probably, be a few months what our board have failed to do in the last few years?

Because our board are incompetent, thats how... Delia basically took the club off the market by saying she wouldnt sell to anyone who wasnt local... she was going to sell the club to the turners.. any idiot could see that... the events that transpired we all know.....

My opinion is the Turners left because Delia publically came out and said she was seeking a buyer.. they didnt like it... the rest is history....

jas :)

[/quote]

Quoted for truth.

[quote user="fearofambition"]

WE LOVE YOU DELIA WE DO, WE LOVE YOU DELIA WE DO, OH DELIA WE LOVE YOU! BAAAAAA

[/quote]

I don''t. Ever since the night of ''lets be having you'' I''ve thought she was an embarassment to the club & made them a laughing stock

If we go into administration DS & MWJ will get jack sh*t for the club. The shares are effectively worthless then. That''s how it works.

[quote user="IBA"]I have the utmost respect for this board. I''ve never seen any board work harder. Sometimes sh!t happens.....[/quote]I for one accept the role misfortune has played in our current position; indeed I highlighted in some detail a number of things that could have turned out differently for this board, in a thread just the other day. But you, well, you consistently refuse to fairly appraise, or even allocate the slightest iota of responsibility to, the individuals running our club. They are utterly above criticism, and always beyond reproach.Do not therefore expect a single person to take your views remotely seriously.

The board are all nice people with their hearts in the right place who love the club, and I therefore thank them for their well-meaning intentions and for the generous sums they have put into the club on a regular basis.

Where they have failed us all is in their repeated selection of poor managers, the last five of whom have had no record of success in management at all, and of whom only one has been successful.

These have led to repeated errors in the transfer market from said poor managers and awful squad after awful squad who have just scraped by in all but two seasons. However, this is down to the managers appointed, but had they not been appointed in the first place these problems would not have occurred.

The manager is the most important person at a football club and we havent had a good one for a long while. That is what has led us here.

[quote user="IBA"]I have the utmost respect for this board. I''ve never seen any board work harder. Sometimes sh!t happens.....[/quote]Working hard and being effective are not the same thing.  They have squandered the premiership money and appointed a succession of muppets to take the club lower and lower.You let yourself down there.

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"][quote user="IBA"]I have the utmost respect for this board. I''ve never seen any board work harder. Sometimes sh!t happens.....[/quote]Working hard and being effective are not the same thing.  They have squandered the premiership money and appointed a succession of muppets to take the club lower and lower.You let yourself down there.[/quote]Not at all. Be realistic. Who do you think would have done a better job? Who else was in a better position when the current board took the reigns (or since) to tip the odds in our favour. Even if you can produce names that are, or would have been, serious contenders, its opinion. That fairground twat from yarmouth we now know would have sold the ground off for developmentFootball, like life is a pendulum. good times, bad times. Get over it. This blame culture, the petulant impatience that sees managers throughout the game dismissed unless success is immediate. pathetic. As for going into administration... what? Who has ever mentioned this? Have I missed an Archant exclusive? If you''d put good money into the club you''d also want to see the best possible return. The intention to sell to ''the right people'' was stated at a time when a sale was a possibility and was the best possible statement at the time. The board are merely custodians of the club its their DUTY to pass it on to people who have the best intentions of the club at heart, not some capital investment ''fan'' who see''s a land deal, or a foreign consortium taking a punt on a Prem windfall.Sure the board have made mistakes. So have I. So have you. Hamilton, Grant, Hughes, the scottish invasion.... all were terrible errors WITH HINDSIGHT. Grant was  touted as the coup of the season, everybody in football recognised him as one of the most talented coaches in the game, but he was a poxy manager. Did you demonstrate when he was appointed or grumble on a message board? Did you cancel your season ticket when Roeder was appointed or '' give him the benefit of the doubt''? You did the latter because you just didn''t know. We all did (though he could not pssibly have done a worse job than Gunn). Nobody knew. the board didn''t know. they appointed the best person who was available and affordable at the time. they had the bollox to make a decision. You dont have to make those decisions, just sit back and play the smart arse when it goes tits up. The players we''ve tried to sign in the last 18 months probably runs to 40 or 50. they aren''t available, they dont want to come here, we cant afford them.the work this board has put into the club incredible. More than a bit of two finger typing on second rate message board.ANd even if you dont buy into any of that..... there''s no alternative - so tough  ha ha Soho time.Evening all

Shit does sometimes happen and to everybody.

Difference here is shit keeps on repeatedly happening over 4 seasons.

As they say , if you keep on doing what you have been doing you will keep on getting what you have been getting.

Somethings got to change.

[quote user="IBA"] This blame culture, the petulant impatience that sees managers throughout the game dismissed unless success is immediate. pathetic. [/quote]Am I correct in stating that the board are wholly responsible for hiring and firing the managers?   Petulant, impatient? yes I''ll go with your description of them.[quote user="IBA"]The board are merely custodians of the club its their DUTY to pass it on to people who have the best intentions of the club at heart, not some capital investment ''fan'' who see''s a land deal, or a foreign consortium taking a punt on a Prem windfall.[/quote]Time is is proving them to be the worst custodians of our club EVER!!! Name somebody who has done more damage to this club than Delia Smith and her board.[quote user="IBA"]Sure the board have made mistakes. So have I. So have you. Hamilton, Grant, Hughes, the scottish invasion.... all were terrible errors WITH HINDSIGHT. Grant was  touted as the coup of the season, everybody in football recognised him as one of the most talented coaches in the game, but he was a poxy manager. Did you demonstrate when he was appointed or grumble on a message board? Did you cancel your season ticket when Roeder was appointed or '' give him the benefit of the doubt''? You did the latter because you just didn''t know. We all did (though he could not pssibly have done a worse job than Gunn). Nobody knew. the board didn''t know. they appointed the best person who was available and affordable at the time. they had the bollox to make a decision. You dont have to make those decisions, just sit back and play the smart arse when it goes tits up. The players we''ve tried to sign in the last 18 months probably runs to 40 or 50. they aren''t available, they dont want to come here, we cant afford them.[/quote]We''ve tried to sign 40-50 players in the last 18 months have we? That''s funny.Think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned ''affordable'' because that appears to be the primary criteria at the club these days. Affordable not best but affordable, some might say the cheap option.

[quote user="IBA"]ANd even if you dont buy into any of that..... there''s no alternative - so tough  ha ha [/quote]I''m sure when it all goes bottoms up next year the Receiver will not have too much trouble finding a buyer if the price is right.... Can''t see Smith getting much for her shareholding though Ha! Ha! Ha![quote user="IBA"]Soho time.[/quote]Gonna take you an awful lot of BJ''s to help the board luvvies out even at London prices but I do admire your dedication.

IBA Wrote

Sure the board have made mistakes. So have I. So have you. Hamilton, Grant, Hughes, the scottish invasion.... all were terrible errors WITH HINDSIGHT.

Yes and FORESIGHT is even better.

[quote user="IBA"]I have the utmost respect for this board. I''ve never seen any board work harder. Sometimes sh!t happens.....
[/quote]

Seriously? Shes limited our chances of finding a buyer by saying she will only sell to a local person/persons....hang on shes from Surrey isnt she?

[quote user="Peter Thorne"][quote user="IBA"]I have the utmost respect for this board. I''ve never seen any board work harder. Sometimes sh!t happens.....
[/quote]

I for one accept the role misfortune has played in our current position; indeed I highlighted in some detail a number of things that could have turned out differently for this board, in a thread just the other day. But you, well, you consistently refuse to fairly appraise, or even allocate the slightest iota of responsibility to, the individuals running our club. They are utterly above criticism, and always beyond reproach.

Do not therefore expect a single person to take your views remotely seriously.
[/quote]

You''re wasting your breath on posters like that PT.  Its like listening to the role reversal of Smudger.

[/quote]

You can say that again, sh!t happened the day that Delia Smith and her grubby greedy little hubby walked in to Carrow Road!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

You can say that again, sh!t happened the day that Delia Smith and her grubby greedy little hubby walked in to Carrow Road!!!

[/quote]

When worlds collide...

[quote user="JJ"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When worlds collide...

[/quote]

I actually did LOL at that.

I smell a sitcom....

[quote user="JJ"]

[quote user="Peter Thorne"][quote user="IBA"]I have the utmost respect for this board. I''ve never seen any board work harder. Sometimes sh!t happens.....
[/quote]

I for one accept the role misfortune has played in our current position; indeed I highlighted in some detail a number of things that could have turned out differently for this board, in a thread just the other day. But you, well, you consistently refuse to fairly appraise, or even allocate the slightest iota of responsibility to, the individuals running our club. They are utterly above criticism, and always beyond reproach.

[/quote]

You''re wasting your breath on posters like that PT.  Its like listening to the role reversal of Smudger.

[/quote]

Except SMUDGE has been right all along and they have BEEN VERY VERY WRONG ALL ALONG haven''t they???

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="JJ"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When worlds collide...

[/quote]

I actually did LOL at that.

I smell a sitcom....

[/quote]

Genius idea!  We could have Smudger and IBA sharing a flat together with all kinds of hilarious situations and mishaps.  I can see bucketloads of potential here!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="JJ"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Except SMUDGE has been right all along and they have BEEN VERY VERY WRONG ALL ALONG haven''t they???

[/quote]

And on the day we go down you''ll both require tissues but for very different reasons.