Sign in to follow this  
SAXOROSS

Just got home from game

Not good! The defence were solidish. Their goals were long distance shots that out defence couldn''t do much about. Marshall on the other hand could have! The midfield were all over the place. Hoolahan was playing just behind the striker, and was pushed off the ball far to easily and I believe he was the week link for us. Cort just wasnt sharp enough.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

isnt it a 4 hour+ drive from blackpool???

how did you get home so quick???

[/quote]"Joined on 04/01/2005

Preston

Posts 6"

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="SAXOROSS"]I live in Preston. 25 mins away.[/quote]lol...soz [D][/quote][:D][/quote]No more Martini''s for you CITD! [:D]

[quote user="SAXOROSS"]

Not good! The defence were solidish. Their goals were long distance shots that out defence couldn''t do much about. Marshall on the other hand could have! The midfield were all over the place. Hoolahan was playing just behind the striker, and was pushed off the ball far to easily and I believe he was the week link for us. Cort just wasnt sharp enough.

[/quote]

if it was not teh defence who was not closing down the long range shooters?  The midfield or the centre halfs?  Dont tell me its the central midfielders AGAIN??  ffs.

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="SAXOROSS"]I live in Preston. 25 mins away.[/quote]lol...soz [D][/quote][:D][/quote]No more Martini''s for you CITD! [:D][/quote]Or me for that matter............[:$]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="SAXOROSS"]I live in Preston. 25 mins away.[/quote]lol...soz [D][/quote][:D][/quote]

No more Martini''s for you CITD! [:D]
[/quote]got to drown my sorrows[B][D][B]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="SAXOROSS"]I live in Preston. 25 mins away.[/quote]lol...soz [D][/quote][:D][/quote]

No more Martini''s for you CITD! [:D]
[/quote]

Or me for that matter............[:$]
[/quote]lol [:O]

F*cking brilliant post, SAXOROSS. I couldn''t  agree more. The way I see it, there were two banks of four. The back 4 were solid - but the midfield?! Don''t get me started, what midfield? They were just scattered across the park and had no idea.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

F*cking brilliant post, SAXOROSS. I couldn''t  agree more. The way I see it, there were two banks of four. The back 4 were solid - but the midfield?! Don''t get me started, what midfield? They were just scattered across the park and had no idea.

[/quote]

Just got back from the game myself, and couldn`t agree more the defence looked Ok`ish but the midfield was woefull. Sammy wasn`t up to much, Rusty went missing in action for large periods of the game, wes ran around in circles with not much direction, Crofty matched him for effort but unfortunately he also matched him for running aimlessly with little direction or focus. The Blackpool defence had wes in their pocket all afternoon, unsurprisingly, he is such a one trick pony its unbelieveable ( The only semblence of an average midfielder was plastic, and he didn`t do much). Big carl court was useless and completely disinterested from start to finish. How can such a big guy fail to jump in any way shape or form. The inspired substitutes came on when the game was dead and gone. But let me tell you folks if Mooney is our last throw of the dice, he most certainly isn`t going to be a six. We were P**s poor from start to finish and had we played a decent top 6 side we would have got murdered and lost by at least 5.

I`m absolutely amazed that having got to half time and still being level that Gunny could not have instilled any confidence. Every player had a look of fear in their eye today. I try to be as level headed and unmelodramatic as possible but thats it folks game over.

[:''(] 

I went to the game as well, and agree that our defence looked ok, but our midfield was poor. However I think we played alright in the first half and it was fairly even, with Bertrand looking very lively, but then their cross/shot that they scored from, completly knocked us back and we didn''t look like we would get back into it.

Listened to the game on the radio and when it got to half time I thought we were down to ten men, well I say men but that is another point. But I cannot recall hearing Rusty mentioned at all in the first half.

[quote user="BGGYPOS"]Listened to the game on the radio and when it got to half time I thought we were down to ten men, well I say men but that is another point. But I cannot recall hearing Rusty mentioned at all in the first half.[/quote]

Probabaly because I cannot recall Rusty touching the ball at all in the first half! It was dire.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="BGGYPOS"]Listened to the game on the radio and when it got to half time I thought we were down to ten men, well I say men but that is another point. But I cannot recall hearing Rusty mentioned at all in the first half.[/quote]

Probabaly because I cannot recall Rusty touching the ball at all in the first half! It was dire.

[/quote]

So could it be a case of bring back Fozzy? [:)]