Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

league one next season

we are going to be left to build a team around feck all, we are going to struggle next season too.

nelson

semmy   doc  spillane ( if he signs )  drury

?????   russell   pattison   lappin

cureton   martin

im sorry but the above team is not even league one standard, compare it to the leeds, leicester, peterboro  and mk dons teams it is no where near as good we could go down next season too. i know this is utterly depressing and negative, if we could keep the likes of croft clingan and hoolahan i would be far more confident but this board rather then just force them to stay and play and get us out of the mess they have helped us in, will just sell them and completely fcuk us up.

I would say:

Rudd

New RB   Doherty   Spillane   Drury

New RM  Russel or Pattison New CM  Lappin

Martin    New Striker

I wouldnt want to see russel and pattison together; im not convinced about otsemobor at all either. Martin & spillane deserve a fair chance, the former however cant play up front with JC who would have to stay in reserve. 

Unfortunatley the majoriy of our contracted youngsters won''t be good enough for league one; the likes of Eagle & Daley will never make it.  As for Smith, Lathrope, etc it will be now or never.

Hopefully we shuold be competative in getting the best players in for that division; losing the likes of Marshall, Clingan, Hoolahan, Croft, Fotheringham and all our 67 expensive loan players should free things up.

[quote user="Huddy "]

I would say:

Rudd

New RB   Doherty   Spillane   Drury

New RM  Russel or Pattison New CM  Lappin

Martin    New Striker

I wouldnt want to see russel and pattison together; im not convinced about otsemobor at all either. Martin & spillane deserve a fair chance, the former however cant play up front with JC who would have to stay in reserve. 

Unfortunatley the majoriy of our contracted youngsters won''t be good enough for league one; the likes of Eagle & Daley will never make it.  As for Smith, Lathrope, etc it will be now or never.

Hopefully we shuold be competative in getting the best players in for that division; losing the likes of Marshall, Clingan, Hoolahan, Croft, Fotheringham and all our 67 expensive loan players should free things up.

[/quote]

but we need some stabillity - the club has got to keep hold of clingan & hoolahan. i know the might want to leave but there under contract the board need balls to tell them to be profesional and stay and get us back up