Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Bentley bust up

That didnt take long did it? Bentley is left off the bench and suddenly there is yet another bust up in the club - like the one with Brennan who was never going to appear in a city shirt again! Before that it was sven unhappy at being given just two games early on in the season. Must be safri and doc next. Players are dropped for more reasons that just a training ground spat.OTBC

No, and I doubt we will find out anything about it, even if this rumour is true... I find the near-daily rumours of bust ups, disagreements, fights, or strong words between Worthers and player X a tad tedious... Thats just my 2p''s worth on this topic... 

I love it (well actually i can''t stand it) how on this board either a comment gets endless back-tapping from fellow friends on the board, or gets slated with a sarcastic reply as above.

fine if its a stupid comment then say so. its hardly like northern canary came up with a rumour he made up himself, so why treat him like that?

Alternatively if its a really good post say well done, but far too often there is a post like ''well done you''. No doubt i will get attacked for saying this but it just seems that the posts are split into two camps - simply dismissing someone elses comment or saying how wonderful it is. Not so long ago there were good constructive arguments in almost every post

Well I actually know a youth team player who was training with the first team at the time and Northern Canary you are quite correct. Worthy called Bentley a big-time Charlie after Bentley kicked the ball at Worthy''s head as he was walking off the training pitch. Dead true.

I wouldn''t be suprised to see him go back in January...

Well said Archie.

Not.

I totally agree that if every single time someone gets left on the bench and we get reports of "a bust up with Worthy", then I don''t want to hear it. Two reasons -

1, If Worthy does have a REAL bust up with someone, I won''t believe it.

2, So WHAT? Managers and players have bust ups all the time.

[quote]That didnt take long did it? Bentley is left off the bench and suddenly there is yet another bust up in the club - like the one with Brennan who was never going to appear in a city shirt again! Befo...[/quote]

I think ZLF is spot on.  Just because a player is dropped, doesn''t mean he''s had a bust up.  It''s no shock to me that he''s been dropped.  A good shot at Old Trafford and a flukey goal at Newcastle doesn''t guarantee a place.  You need to perform

bananaman you miss my point. why does zippersleftfoot just have to write off northern canary''s suggestion in such an unfriendly manner

''that didnt take long did it?''

sarcastic and pretty unpleasant

perhaps this actual thread is not a particularly good example but there are many others

I think we are all a bit disappointed at the way Bentley has performed so far. NW must be as well, but I was surprised to see him left off the bench. Could be that Worthy was letting him know that even if you are a fledgling Bergkamp, you are not bigger than this club.

Yes, true Archie, in other threads you can get blown out of the water for merely holding a viewpoint.

But as far as bust-ups go, I''ve had my fill I''m afraid.

Huckerby over summer - that was DEFINITELY a bust up. Oh no, hang on, he''s played every game.

Briggs - bust up. No doubt about it. Not.

Brennan - that was DEFINITELY a bust up. Oooops, he played on Monday.

Malky - come on! No-one wanted him to play anyway!

And frankly Bentley could do with a rocket or three, cocky sod.

Personally I thought that Bents was our best player when we played Portsmouth so it does seem strange that he has only featured as a sub once since then; however, if there is some sort of a problem then I would imagine that Worthy is going to deal with it in the proper manner (or has already done so) rather than in a very public way as e.g. in the case of Bellars and Souness.  I have the feeling we may well see him back in action this weekend, if not from the start then at least from the bench.  In my opinion we could do with his creativity.

My apologies to northerncanary - no offence or sarcasm was intended (althoughi accept it does come across a bit abrupt) and he is a poster I read with interest. To be honest I accepted that it was not a rumour created by him and subsequent posts suggests some truth in it; It just seemed to me that every time a player does not appear there are always posts about Worthy being unreasonable/freezing players out. It may or may not be the case but his approach to managing the players has finally brough the club some success so I am disappointed to see repeated attempts to undermine him where in 9/10 case there is no evidence.Again apologies for any offence caused Archie.OTBC

Sorry if people thought i was starting something off about Bentley and sorry for over reacting a bit to the replies. What will happen if bentley has fallen out though?

Apologies to anyone I may have offended with my inference of irritation at such stories and rumours, I''ll just have to try and avoid such threads in the future. So yeah, I''m sorry.

Northern Canary - hopefully it means he goes back to Arsenal.

Frankly, he''s the most overrated player I''ve ever seen. We have other players (PAUL MCVEIGH) that can do his job and won''t give the ball away every ten seconds with an "attempted through ball".

He has nice white boots, and technically he''s "top, top, top" but that doesn''t mean he knows what to do in a game situation, and I don''t like him learning the trade at Norwich. We need players who can already do it!

[quote]Northern Canary - hopefully it means he goes back to Arsenal. Frankly, he''s the most overrated player I''ve ever seen. We have other players (PAUL MCVEIGH) that can do his job and won''t give the ball ...[/quote]

Bananaman

I couldn''t have put it better myself! Superbly well said

Northern Canary,

My sincerest apologies.  There WAS a bust up between Worthy and Bentley.  Fact.  I know a source close to the club who has confirmed this.  I won''t name him but I will say that he plays in the reserve team.  Bentley went back to London for a day or two and when Worthy asked him about it he said "I''m 19.  You can''t treat me like a ******* kid!" Or words to those effect. 

I am honestly not making this up, it''s the absolute truth.

Now come on DD, your not telling me that the "Wee Bairn Bentley" went all the way down to ''LUN-DUN'' all by himself, without a responsible adult to chaperone him?

I can well imagine that he, threw his "li''l ole'' white shooty boots" out of his cot  and then ''coughed in his rompers''  as a dirty protest  because, nasty Uncle Nigel wouldn''t let him join in the kickabout!

Reading the Evening News tonight, I think a little "tiff," may have taken place between the Bentley Boy and Nigel. Although I think Nigel''s explained to him, that the ''tail isn''t gonna wag the dog,'' he''s gotta'' fall into line, and work hard for a place in the side....

He''ll be in the squad on Saturday. (Once he''s had his rompers changed!) ;~) "Keep the Filth!"

[quote]Well I actually know a youth team player who was training with the first team at the time and Northern Canary you are quite correct. Worthy called Bentley a big-time Charlie after Bentley kicked the b...[/quote]

spot on news mate credit to ya

[quote]Northern Canary, My sincerest apologies. There WAS a bust up between Worthy and Bentley. Fact. I know a source close to the club who has confirmed this. I won''t name him but I will say that he p...[/quote]

yep i would think that is spot on DD....the prima donna factor lets be honest we dont really do that at this club so if he already thinks that he can act the superstar then no matter how good he may well turn out to be he will not be pulling on a yellow shirt again pauly mcv is a totally dedicated player who will grab the chance with pride to play for us and i hope worthy plays him on saturday

I believe you DD, but be careful buddy, other people will start to question whether it is possible to have inside knowledge......