Sign in to follow this  
cambscanary

Next season

Ok so we''re going down barr somesort of Fulham like miracle so whats it gonna look like next season??

Marshall will go for a fee as will hoolahan and clingan. All would get decent enough fees i think especially Hooly and Clingan. Then you have Fozzie leaving for nowt and Croft doing the same. I would anticipate that we wouldn''t see much of any money gathered through the above sales and that it will be used to balance our books and to cater for the drop in revenue that we''ll experience next season.

So what happens?? we maybe have a million to spend on players and fees attached to the purchases (wages, agents etc) so we''ll be able to buy maybe one player or 2. then we get a thousand loans in to cover the gaps or do we give people like Martin, Spillane, Rudd, Macdonald et al a chance to get us promoted??

I really can''t see much alternative. we certainly won''t be able to attract much quality from our loan signings. we''ll either get Championship players in or really really raw prem youngsters. there''ll certainly be no Grounds, Bertrand, Lita types coming in!

I seriously see us finding our level at league 1 for a few years until this credit crisis ends and we get a decent investor to come in and bank roll us!

Anyway, what does everyone else think?? agree? disagree?

CambsCanary 

Team for next season:

Steer

Semmy     Doherty    Stefanovic      Drury

A Loanee  Adeyemi   Lathrope      Daley

Renton       Cureton

I think you''re being pretty optimistic saying we''ll have a million to spend... I think we''ll stuggle to scrape up any kind of transfer fund and maybe bring in a few bosmans.

It''s pretty certain to force a few youth teamers into the picture - which may not be a bad thing, regular games at a young age may well bring a few of them on, rather than turning out like the next Jarvis brothers.

if this board stays which they will, they need to forget the prudence with ambition shIte and make a very clear intention to bounce back 1st time. by this the board must

1. keep clingan, hoolahan and marshall. Regardless of offers the board should reject any bid as theses players are contracted and we need them next year, if they want to leave stuff em there profesionals so keep them at the club

2. appoint an experianced manager

We have a cautious board so they will not gamble on a season''s return. We will finish half way to top half season one imo and will need a lucky season or a lucky find (good striker) to change our fortunes. We all think that we must bounce back but in reality there is no reason why we should. Truth is this current squad would not be automatically promoted. Expect some wilderness years