Sign in to follow this  
Notts Canary

Henderson - in dream wordl article!!

Without being insulting the fellow is either living in dream world or not that bright (being from thetford it could be the latter!) after reading some of his quotes!!

I just hope he does not become part of the furntituat norwich simply because he is a hard worker just like Sutch did!! Move him and in my view Hayes looked a better bet than him and we got rid of him!!!

Although when he does play we should fully support him and cheer him, like we should all the players and management. Save the abuse for places where it won''t effect our chances.

What I do know about Hendo is that he not a right sided midfielder - no matter how many times I have seen him play he simply is not up to that role.

What I have seen is a very young player with an arrognat streak in him, who despite his poor performances out of position, has a reasonable strike for Norwich - this suggests he does know where the goal is. Given the rave reviews he gets when he plays for England he is clearly as good as any player of his age group when playing in his prefered position - up front.

DDiM suggests loaning Jarvis out; I did a few weeks ago too. Instead perhaps some time away from city and playing as a striker would do Hendo good - will remove him from the boo boys and it certainly didnt do Defoe any harm at Bournemouth did it?

OTBC

[quote]Without being insulting the fellow is either living in dream world or not that bright (being from thetford it could be the latter!) after reading some of his quotes!! I just hope he does not become ...[/quote]

Hey I was brought up in Thetford  

Why the gratuitous insults for Hendo (and Thetford)? Good luck to the boy - I remember the great goal he scored on the volley from a Huckerby pass last season. And that goal''s a good reason for giving him a go as a striker.

Class I was just thinking Henderson is dreaming

he would be in the full england squad if performances where based on who could get the most amount of handballs in the shortest space of time

[quote]What I do know about Hendo is that he not a right sided midfielder - no matter how many times I have seen him play he simply is not up to that role. What I have seen is a very young player with an ar...[/quote]

I''m with you there Zipper.  I haven''t seen Hendo play a really decent game out on the right.  Perhaps a loan deal playing up front would do him good.  I wouldn''t care if we still paid his wages.  Just let the lad get a bit of experience and confidence under his belt.

I hope Henderson does earn himself a place in the England Under21s. What harm would it do? The more experience he gains, then the better player he will become. That can only benefit city in the long run. I think it''s good that one of our young players is ambitious and aiming high. I wish him all the best in his development.

to be honest from what i have seen from henderson in the psat he looks like a player for the future, no he isnt our version of Wayne Rooney who will take hte prem by storm but in a few years time he will be a very good player. Its goood to see he has the desire to push himself further and by setting himself targets such as that one, he will push himself harder in order to reach it(hopefully). As for critics, as a footballer myself i know how much of an impact confidence has on a players performance and maybe we(the fans) would be best to give him that injection of confidence he needs, and watch him come through the ranks in style. Maybe some time on loan is the best thing for him

Still not great, kind of highlighted by the trouble in the euro championship''s. Barnham broom was probably the better bet and besides if u ever fancied a game of golf ideal location, not far from my town of wymondham!

I guess to be fair thetford is hardly the Bronx, although it was made to look very small minded through the trouble during the euro championships though. Barnham broom was probably the better bet, besides it does have golf on tap. Also near my home town of wymondham, always a bonus!!??

[quote]I guess to be fair thetford is hardly the Bronx, although it was made to look very small minded through the trouble during the euro championships though. Barnham broom was probably the better bet, bes...[/quote]

isn''t wymondham where you go to die? 

[quote]isn''t wymondham where you go to die?[/quote]

Nah! That''ll be Cromer or Sheringham. You have to be over 65 in those towns just to join the youth club.

[quote]Nah! That''ll be Cromer or Sheringham. You have to be over 65 in those towns just to join the youth club.[/quote]

oh yeah, forgot, i have to fill in a reference for you so you can join the bowls club, shall i lie and say you are only 75? 

[quote]oh yeah, forgot, i have to fill in a reference for you so you can join the bowls club, shall i lie and say you are only 75?[/quote]

Hmmm! Four months ring a bell "old girl"?

[quote]I''m in Wymondham, gazza, and I promise I''m not 75 yet and was very much alive last time I checked!!![/quote]

sorry susie, i got it wrong, old wrinklies go to sheringham as meeky says, he should know, he''s very, very old

Meeky, please could you clarify who you are calling ''old girl''?  And be very careful or you could be on the list for ritual humiliation on 26th December in the freezing cold at the Spuds game whoever you say you are insullting!

[quote]Meeky, please could you clarify who you are calling ''old girl''? And be very careful or you could be on the list for ritual humiliation on 26th December in the freezing cold at the Spuds game whoever ...[/quote]

susie

meeky is referring to me, he and i are a bit more than "just good friends" if you follow my meaning and he is referring to the pet name my kids call me, lovely to be totally humiliated on here again - and not by yankee!!

btw he is my guest for the boxing day game, so i can bring him along before the match so we can get him ready for the parade 

[quote]Meeky, please could you clarify who you are calling ''old girl''? And be very careful or you could be on the list for ritual humiliation on 26th December in the freezing cold at the Spuds game whoever ...[/quote]

Susie I was referring to Gazza of course. Wouldn''t want to upset two ladies on here, would be too much for me to handle.

Mind you ritual humiliation does sound like fun, are you a dominatrix by chance?

:o)

[quote]Susie I was referring to Gazza of course. Wouldn''t want to upset two ladies on here, would be too much for me to handle. Mind you ritual humiliation does sound like fun, are you a dominatrix by chanc...[/quote]

i will leave susie to answer that one, just a warning  though susie

meeky would have been locked up years ago, but since government cut backs, he is being looked after by kind souls like me as part of care in the community